Fujitsu 50 and 42 inch US model group buy

Hey guys,

I refer to this post: about 'true' 1080i displays and am wondering why you wouldn't have a look at the Sharp Aquos before purchasing the Fujitsu?

The prices seem comparable and this is a true 1080i capable display, surely worth a test run?

Just to reitterate, as most of us know, there will be a board available with 4 hdmi from august onwards for a royal sum of $1500. Personally, it will be an option for me when i change to hdmi for HDDVD and HDSTB recording sometime next year. Hey if HDDVD players are going to remain up at $1,000-2,000 and the actual movies at $45 a disc, then it's going to be a while before i go for HDMI.

It looks like Blu-ray players for PC's will be out, if they're not expensive for long you could be enjoying it much sooner. Good point about the price of a disc though, of that I am not sure.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I refer to this post: about 'true' 1080i displays and am wondering why you wouldn't have a look at the Sharp Aquos before purchasing the Fujitsu?

The prices seem comparable and this is a true 1080i capable display, surely worth a test run?

It looks like Blu-ray players for PC's will be out, if they're not expensive for long you could be enjoying it much sooner. Good point about the price of a disc though, of that I am not sure.

I have looked at the Sharp as have a few others on ther including Angelo

This a nice unit but the the motion aretefacts on fast moving objects would be very hard to live with as well as some motion judder and colour redition is not the best.

The refresh rate is only sitting at 12ms with the sharps and we will really need ot see this drop to 8ms before fast motion will be a non issue

Mate i cant wait to have this calibrated

glen went in to mega mart and had a look at the 50" ws model from 2.5m-3m just to put my mind at ease the distance was no problem great and the size is AWESOME :blink: anyway you were saying the 50" uses panasonic glass ,is that the panel you are talking about and the 42"uses alis forgive a newbe but what is the difference?

Hmmm this is interesting Sharp new models on the way!!

Link

cheers laurie

Hi Laurie

Mate there will always be something bigGER and better around the corner.

Mate bite the bullet and enjoy something TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROW NEVER COMES......................................................like my brand new Fuji plasma which Ill sell to you at cost today , while I wait for the Sharp LCD !!!!!! :blink:

glen went in to mega mart and had a look at the 50" ws model from 2.5m-3m just to put my mind at ease the distance was no problem great and the size is AWESOME :blink: anyway you were saying the 50" uses panasonic glass ,is that the panel you are talking about and the 42"uses alis forgive a newbe but what is the difference?

Yeah the 42" uses Alsi and 50" panasonic 7 series

There is something strange going on here.

Spoke with Retravision at Taren Point. Owen was not in today, so I spoke with someone else from TV's. He said that Fuji is only selling the AS model until they are gone, and he also said something along the lines of them (Taren Point) selling one recently but it was the wrong model.

Retra Belconnen called me - again, 6-8 weeks before the US model.

Retra Tuggeranong called me - $7950, 6-8 weeks.

Domayne Fyshwick - 6-8 weeks.

Bing Lee Fyshwick - 2-3 months.

Fujitsu Australia - 2-3 months.

What The Hell is going on here? Why do 4 different stores tell me around the same 2 month timeframe, and that $7950 is the best price they can do?

Something is FISHY HERE. I'm starting to seriously doubt the validity of the $7400 US model in store this week (going by Scaven's timings, from the mouth of Owen at Taren Point).

I'm still keen on this TV, but seriously, Fujitsu. We're knowledgable consumers, and we're not buying your old model. Even New Zealand are selling it (you can even see it on their website!). Poor, poor form, Fujitsu. Just because you have a great TV now, doesn't mean that we'll be brand loyal. Screw the consumer (prosumer, really) now and we'll bite you back later.

What is going on?!?

Mate bite the bullet and enjoy something TODAY BECAUSE TOMORROW NEVER COMES......................................................like my brand new Fuji plasma which Ill sell to you at cost today , while I wait for the Sharp LCD !!!!!!

Angelo " You are a very cheeky boy " :blink: my projector is keeping me happy for now thank god best thing I ever did :P

cheers laurie

Owen was not in today, so I spoke with someone else from TV's.

Hmmm you should not bring anyother person into the picture but Owen! as salespeople have different deals going on if someother sales person hears what he is doing it may cause the group buy to fail..it happen to me once and lost a great deal but yes you are right the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing

cheers laurie

Hmmm you should not bring anyother person into the picture but Owen! as salespeople have different deals going on if someother sales person hears what he is doing it may cause the group buy to fail..it happen to me once and lost a great deal but yes you are right the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing

cheers laurie

Oh.. the 'other' guy just called me back and said -

Yes to the 50" US model

Yes to 3-4 days after I drop a deposit on it

and Yes to $120-150 for freight to Canberra

Oh.. price? $7499. I then said 'I understand that you can do this for $7400?'. 'Yep, no worries, $7400 is fine'.

The damn TV's are here.. they're just trying to limit the amount of stock released to the public. Stem the flow, if you will.

Well this is interesting since I just got a call from Retravision Taren Point to say that my plasma has arrived, and since I read cmdwedge's post I got the guy to go and triple check that it is the US model, he called me back and confirmed that it is "definately" the US model.

I will be picking it up tommorrow.

So unless I was lucky and got the only US 50 model in the country I would say that a few people have been telling lies.

Scaven

I have to tell you Foggy,

I won't be convinced until tomorrow that it is the US model, I just don't trust retail sales people.

But if it is :blink:

I will be asking Glenncol for his settings as well so get ready Glenn :P

I'm also picking up some Whatmough Opus speakers and an Oppo DVD Player so I have a busy day ahead of me.

Scaven

I have to tell you Foggy,

I won't be convinced until tomorrow that it is the US model, I just don't trust retail sales people.

But if it is :blink:

I will be asking Glenncol for his settings as well so get ready Glenn :P

I'm also picking up some Whatmough Opus speakers and an Oppo DVD Player so I have a busy day ahead of me.

Scaven

Hey Scaven

I am running the Fujitsu in Fine picture mode and have not even atempted a calibration as i have only just clocked up 100 Hours

I will be engaging Aaron very very soon

Hey Scaven

I am running the Fujitsu in Fine picture mode and have not even atempted  a calibration as i have only just clocked up 100 Hours

I will be engaging Aaron very very soon

No problem Glenn, I will give DVE a go and then will plan for Aaron to come round next time he is in Sydney.

Scaven

Well this is interesting since I just got a call from Retravision Taren Point to say that my plasma has arrived, and since I read cmdwedge's post I got the guy to go and triple check that it is the US model, he called me back and confirmed that it is "definately" the US model.

I will be picking it up tommorrow.

So unless I was lucky and got the only US 50 model in the country I would say that a few people have been telling lies.

Scaven

oh wow!!!! well... I hope that means that my 50" as ordered from Retra in Melb (Knox) is not far off then!!!! *fingers crossed*

grrrr, just spoke to my guy at Knox, he said he had just spoken to Fuji, and that the 3-4 week timeframe still stands, and that the screens "are not in the country".

I am hoping that, come end of this financial year in ~10 days, the story will change :blink:

Good work cmdwedge,

By the way how big is the box Glenn, will I be able to fit it in a AU Falcon standing up in the back (with plenty of blankets of course)?

Scaven

I don't think you'll be able to fit it through the door. You might just squeeze it in if it's a wagon, but the height will be a bit of a worry.

I would recommend forking out the fifty-odd dollars for delivery as they then take responsibility for damage right up until it's in your living room, and you don't need to ask the wife to lift the other end as it's a very heavy beast. :blink:

If you do decide to pick it up yourself with a mates ute, remember that it should always be transported vertically to avoid any torsional forces that could break the glass.

I don't think you'll be able to fit it through the door. You might just squeeze it in if it's a wagon, but the height will be a bit of a worry.

I would recommend forking out the fifty-odd dollars for delivery as they then take responsibility for damage right up until it's in your living room, and you don't need to ask the wife to lift the other end as it's a very heavy beast.  :blink:

If you do decide to pick it up yourself with a mates ute, remember that it should always be transported vertically to avoid any torsional forces that could break the glass.

Yep, under no circumestances should you transport a plasma panel on it's back. Always, ALWAYS vertical. Even said so on the box to my F*CKING AS MODEL. :P

Sorry.. pent up aggression. Heh.

Just went to Megamart in Perth. The best price they can do on the WS model is around $9000. They don't come even close with the AUSID as they displayed it for $999.

Just wondering if anyone tried anywhere else in Perth.

I wouldn't transport it yourself as i'm pretty sure it voids warranty on certain things like glass damage. Mate just pay for it to be delivered/installed. Something that expensive and easily damaged you running a fair risk trying yourself. Better safe than sorry.