Fujitsu 50 and 42 inch US model group buy

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst most stores were willing to at least try, Encel were EXTREMELY hostile and arrogant about all of this (two seperate stores), so much so that I feel it worth posting here. Avoid.

Encel is for people with too much money and not enough brains.

Harsh overly general comment, but in every dealing I have had or attempted to have, they are extremely rude when the buyer "knows too much" or tries to bargin. At least every product they sell is superior to everything else on the market! (I hope you can sense the sarcasm)

Encel is for people with too much money and not enough brains.

Harsh overly general comment, but in every dealing I have had or attempted to have, they are extremely rude when the buyer "knows too much" or tries to bargin.  At least every product they sell is superior to everything else on the market! (I hope you can sense the sarcasm)

LOL

The only time i will deal with them is when they are selling off their demo stock i will usually pick up a power amp or two.

I get a little kick inside a Encel store a few weeks back while searching for the Fujitsu as they would not come under $10,500k and heard the about to close a deal with some guy and his wife.

I cornered the wife while the husband was being brain washed and told her to go and see a guy at Mega Mart at Sunshine were they could score the unit for $8500.

We walked across the road to a furniture store and when we came out the husband and wife were driving off then we seen them at mega mart in heavy discussion with the sales guy.

Not sure if they bought there and then but have a feeling they did

FOGGY -DON't READ!!!!

I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about this unless hdmi is the all your interested in. Look closely at the 43mxe1 and i think that you will find the it easily compares and probably beats the ALIS panel. The ALIS panel has it's issues no matter what fuji can do with their AVM2 (sorry foggy-I'm just trying to offer a different point of view on the fuji 42"). That's why i discounted the 42 HD fuji very early on. From the reviews i have read, i believe the black levels are very similar between the 42"HD fuji WS/US and pioneer commercials. So discounting these black levels as a minor visual adjustment for both units, the MXE1 offers faultless performance in all other areas (My assesment after 40hrs+ of various viewing). Whereas, i have read of dithering and some solarisation with the fuji ALIS panels.

The only reason why i would look at fuji for it's 50"is due to the pana glass and better contrast. Maybe, this is where the 50mxe1 falls short a little, in the contrast stacks. But my feeling is here that the 50mxe1 comes very very close to the fuji otherwise

The only point missing on the 43mxe1 is the hdmi, which may be the deal breaker for you.

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to flame anyone or any particular product but trying to provide a summary of readings and my own visual analysis. Either way, hope this helps, although invariably upset some people.

FOGGY -DON't READ!!!!

I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about this unless hdmi is the all your interested in. Look closely at the 43mxe1 and i think that you will find the it easily compares and probably beats the ALIS panel. The ALIS panel has it's issues no matter what fuji can do with their AVM2 (sorry foggy-I'm just trying to offer a different point of view on the fuji 42"). That's why i discounted the 42 HD fuji very early on. From the reviews i have read, i believe the black levels are very similar between the 42"HD fuji WS/US and pioneer commercials. So discounting these black levels as a minor visual adjustment for both units, the MXE1 offers faultless performance in all other areas (My assesment after 40hrs+ of various viewing). Whereas, i have read of dithering and some solarisation with the fuji ALIS panels.

The only reason why i would look at fuji for it's 50"is due to the pana glass and better contrast. Maybe, this is where the 50mxe1 falls short a little, in the contrast stacks. But my feeling is here that the 50mxe1 comes very very close to the fuji otherwise

The only point missing on the 43mxe1 is the hdmi, which may be the deal breaker for you.

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to flame anyone or any particular product but trying to provide a summary of readings and my own visual analysis. Either way, hope this helps, although invariably upset some people.

Hey shinrai, I'm not precious about the 42" Fuji. I have always said that it was one of the best (not necessarily the best) 42" panels. I have advised everyone here on many occasions to go for the 50" if they can stretch their budget because it doesn't use the ALiS panel. Even in my earliest posts you will find that I rated my 42" panel a 7/10, so there is definitely room for improvement.

I was actually seriously considering a Pioneer panel and the Hitachi 7800 when I was on the hunt, but ended up going with the Fuji because it was a $1000 cheaper at the time. The HDMI input is something that I felt was important, not because I believed it would provide better PQ, but because I realised that many of the source devices in the future would use it for their digital output, so I didn't want to restrict my choice source equipment and connection type when I went to buy these upcoming devices.

Believe me, I'm the first to point out any shortcomings in a product as I did with the comment about still seeing some solarisation on the AUSID the other day, though I'm still not sure if it was the panel, STB, or Transmission Quality. I can assure you that I am no Fujitsu Fan Boy, and there is no happier person than me when I see a quantum leap in technology, it's just that at the moment the only standout I see is the Fuji 50".

Granted that I wasn't happy with birke's comments about everyone being sheep, because I know that the members on this forum are some of the most knowledgeable of any AV forum in the world, and for him to suggest that they are blindly leaping into a purchase based purely on glenncol's or my opinion was a ludicrous statement to make.

I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned about this unless hdmi is the all your interested in. Look closely at the 43mxe1 and i think that you will find the it easily compares and probably beats the ALIS panel....

Megamart had a Fujistsu P42HHA40WS next to a Pioneer 43" panel (not sure of the model - but it had a media box for connections). IMO the Fuji's image quality was a *lot* better, the Pio had an extreme amount of noise in the picture.

HDMI is an important factor for me (for future proofing) but also image positition/size adjustment, which is very easy to do on the Fujitsu panels, & as far as I can tell impossible on the Hitachi's (7000 series). Do you know whether height/width/position adjustments are easily made on the pioneers?

Megamart had a Fujistsu P42HHA40WS next to a Pioneer 43" panel (not sure of the model - but it had a media box for connections). IMO the Fuji's image quality was a *lot* better, the Pio had an extreme amount of noise in the picture.

HDMI is an important factor for me (for future proofing) but also image positition/size adjustment, which is very easy to do on the Fujitsu panels, & as far as I can tell impossible on the Hitachi's (7000 series). Do you know whether height/width/position adjustments are easily made on the pioneers?

As far as i know Megamart do not sell commercial pioneers.

Most likely what you saw was the 435HD which has the black surrounds. The commercial 43mxe1 comes in just a plain black or silver bezel, which for some looks ugly. But i can testify that when the lights are down i promise i'm just watching the screen, not the bezel. Anyway, go to Trevor Lees (Melbourne -Kew) and see a well set up 43mxe1. I'm sure some will like it and some won't but as per usual, most of this discussion is about your personal dicision, not mine or anyone elses.

You must bear in mind that the commercial pioneer is also sold with a 5yr warranty and as an extra comes with free calibration. My understanding is that the calibration also brings out a slightly better picture because of the lareg amount of adjustment options in the commercial pio. Do a search as Aaron has written a lot on this topic.

Also, the us model 42"fuji may not be out for a number of months. If you can wait then good for you.

Finally, forget this 'grainy' image that you saw. Stores like megamart have not idea and have cable runs as long as the Tigres river. I can saw with confidence that with good reception and a good STB you will not experience a grainy image.

And i have taken a little advice from Glenn and Foggy and ordered my Ausid from interstate Yesterday since i can only find them for $900+ in Melbourne. What is it with Melbourne getting screwed on pricing and availability as of late?

And thanks for not being upset Foggy. :blink:

Just to reitterate, as most of us know, there will be a board available with 4 hdmi from august onwards for a royal sum of $1500. Personally, it will be an option for me when i change to hdmi for HDDVD and HDSTB recording sometime next year. Hey if HDDVD players are going to remain up at $1,000-2,000 and the actual movies at $45 a disc, then it's going to be a while before i go for HDMI.

Finally, forget this 'grainy' image that you saw. Stores like megamart have not idea and have cable runs as long as the Tigres river. I can saw with confidence that with good reception and a good STB you will not experience a grainy image.

I agree 100% donot take what you see in a department store as what you will get at home set up properly.

But i will say i have also noticed a fair amount oif grainyness on the Pioneers that have been setup well

I agree 100% donot take what you see in a department store as what you will get at home set up properly.

But i will say i have also noticed a fair amount oif grainyness on the Pioneers that have been setup well

hey glencol i here that the 42"fuji maybe delayed a couple of months,as the store that i may be buying my fuji has verified today,am looking at the 50"now (if the price is right) and maybe will source the asid stb from down south if he does"t give me a good anoth price,was concerned about the distance from sceen,but will move the lounge 1/2 m witch will make it 2.5-3m distance that should be okay don"t you think,i value your opinion.bit more then what i wanted to spend but you only live once as thay say :P ( as my wife says whats the money there for ,got to love the misses :blink:) look forward to your reply,ps what price is tha average for the 50"us these days?

For those folks in Melbourne talk to Shane at Retravision in knox. Last Sunday I ordered the us 50" Fijitsu (HDMI) for the price being mooted here without the freight. He can be contacted on 98002266. He is working tomorrow as I just checked on receipt of my AUSID Set top box (see separate post). No group buy required. Thanks for all the info.....I am a novice on the technology piece but sold on the Fujitsu. The info on the AUSID was a bonus.

hey glencol i here that the 42"fuji maybe delayed a couple of months,as the store that i may be buying my fuji has verified today,am looking at the 50"now (if the price is right) and maybe will source the asid stb from down south if he does"t give me a good anoth price,was concerned about the distance from sceen,but will move the lounge 1/2 m witch will make it 2.5-3m distance that should be okay don"t you think,i value your opinion.bit more then what i wanted to spend but you only live once as thay say :P ( as my wife says whats the money there for ,got to love the misses :blink:) look forward to your reply,ps what price is tha average for the 50"us these days?

Hi there,

I am looking at the 50 Fuji myself with the same viewing distance as you ..... I've checked it many times..... not a problem... 2.5-3m the fuji is fine... Before I was considering only a 42" because of the viewing distance... I'm extremely happy I checked the fuji....

There is a tread running here on the Fuji price.... retravision in Sydney has made a deal with a person here and is selling it for aud$ 7,400 including speakers...... that's a fantastic price....

Good luck, I'm still saving up for mine....

Cheers,

marcelo

For those folks in Melbourne talk to Shane at Retravision in knox. Last Sunday I ordered the us 50" Fijitsu (HDMI) for the price being mooted here without the freight. He can be contacted on 98002266. He is working tomorrow as I just checked on receipt of my AUSID Set top box (see separate post). No group buy required. Thanks for all the info.....I am a novice on the technology piece but sold on the Fujitsu. The info on the AUSID was a bonus.

sorry, how much did you get your AUSID box for?

thanks,

Marcelo

Hey Diver

2.5 to 3 meters will be sweet

Mate the price the guys are talking about here is around the $7400 mark so jump in on the Groupbuy of you can

I can also now confirm what I alluded to in a post from earlier this week (which was also confirmed by cv350 above), as I too have now placed an order with Knox City retravision, however I dealt with a guy by the name of John, who was very helpful.

My order is for the 50" US model, including speakers and stand, for $7400.

I also ordered the AUSID set top, for mid 400 range price.

There still seems to be some contention regarding availability, and in fact two of the guys at this retravision were at-odds about availability. One said "2 weeks or sooner", another said "4 weeks".

I attempted to call the NSW retravision store, as it has been posted by Scaven that Owen from that store indicated availability of 5 days, but had trouble getting thru at the time.

The Knox city guys had "spoken to Fuji" (etc etc standard standard), and were relatively adiment about the 2~4 weeks timeframe.

Anyway, just thought I would share my experience from today.

I might post this also in one of the other active threads regarding this topic.

Cheers :blink:

Hey Diver

2.5 to 3 meters will be sweet

Mate the price the guys are talking about here is around the $7400 mark so jump in on the Groupbuy of you can

i"m going to see what price clive peters will come up with, and if they don"t come to the party i will look at the group buy ,will hopefully get the price from them monday(it is handy to purchase close to home if there is any problems ) plus the $500 delivery from sydney is a killer :blink: will know monday i hope) thanks again :P

i"m going to see what price clive peters will come up with, and if they don"t come to the party i will look at the group buy ,will hopefully get the price from them monday(it is handy to purchase close to home if there is any problems ) plus the $500 delivery from sydney is a killer :blink:  will know monday i hope) thanks again :P

Cheers Dude

Cheers Dude

just read an article from audio &video lifestyle magazine on the fuji 42" ws model and had some nice things to say about it here is the last coments on the article the fujitsu p42hha40 was an enjoyable screen to have had the opportunity to review over the last month everyone will apreciate its ability to render in great detail extremely well and sports fans will love the fact that rapid motion is handled with consummate ease. it still sufferes from some plasma technology"s bugbears but these problems are far smaller in this model than with many other manufacture"s sceens.its accompanying hd tuner is a great idea has a great picture and is a worthwhile accessory.i can haeartly recommend the fujitsu p42 hh a40 for anyone in the market for a first class plasma screen. so that is what they had to say at the end comments

Well I saw a 50" today and I must say it's WAY in front of any other dispaly I have seen to date so yes I can see why anyone with this display is a very happy chappie,my wife said to me you can have it but that's it, LAST display :blink: well if there is no decent 1920x1080i by year end I will be getting one :P

cheers laurie

ps love to have access to R&D of display manufactures on future models :P

Well I saw a 50" today and I must say it's WAY in front of any other dispaly I have seen to date so yes I can see why anyone with this display is a very happy chappie,my wife said to me you can have it but that's it, LAST display  :blink: well if there is no decent 1920x1080i by year end I will be getting one  :P

cheers laurie

ps love to have access to R&D of display manufactures on future models  :P

Hey Laurie

I had a feeling you would like it.

Mate i have booked your ticket aboard the good ship Fujitsu and have put it on hold until the end of the year

Mate i have booked your ticket aboard the good ship Fujitsu and have put it on hold until the end of the year

Glenn

I had to go and see it BUT that means you have to hang on to yours :P if what I saw at the shop is out of box stuff, gee love to see a calibrated unit :blink:

cheers laurie