Fujitsu 50 and 42 inch US model group buy

OK guys,

I have a price of $7400 for the 50 inch and $5200 for the 42 inch, this includes speakers and choice of stand or wall mount, this is in Sydney.

This thread is to see who is interested in the group buy and discuss how we are going to do it.

I haven't done one of these before so I'm not sure how we should proceed.

I will be talking to this retailer tommorrow after he has spoken to Fujitsu and we will go from there.

So if your interested leave a message here and we will get the numbers and then later in the week I will let everyone know how we can go forward with this.

Scaven

Any further progress on your discussions with the retailer?

Add one more for the 50 inch + AUSID STB

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any further progress on your discussions with the retailer?

Add one more for the 50 inch + AUSID STB

OK guys, something has come up and I am unable to organise this group buy and as such I went ahead and ordered my Fujitsu 50 inch and got it for the price I have quoted above by just ordering one.

If anyone is interested in taking over in this group buy please PM me and I will give you details of where I got these prices from and who to talk to. I think if there are enough of you, you should be able to get the price down a bit further still.

Scaven

OK Guys,

Since I'm getting alot of PM's , I have spoken to my contact and he will do the prices I have quoted if everyone just wants to buy seperately. However if you guys want to organise a group buy you may get him down a few dollars (not much i think maybe $100?).

He told me the US models were due in 2 to 3 weeks and he can order them now. (I ordered my 50inch for $7400 on Monday)

I gave the details to AussieX3 so if you guys organise a group buy it might be better to go through him?

I asked him about the Ausid box and they are now about $900 because Fujitsu are no longer doing a promotion for them (half price).

Good Luck,

Scaven

Hi all,

although I have not personally spoken to Owen about the group buy pricing. Just to take 100 off from already fantastic pricing is too much of administration IMHO. I think everyone would agree. Since we now all know where to buy and who to speak to. Let's all get them. Interstate buyers should be able to speak to him and as long as you pay for the courier I think he would have no problem.

All the credit goes to scaven for telling us such a great opportunity that we can all enjoy. Thank you!!!!

OK Guys,

Since I'm getting alot of PM's , I have spoken to my contact and he will do the prices I have quoted if everyone just wants to buy seperately. However if you guys want to organise a group buy you may get him down a few dollars (not much i think maybe $100?).

He told me the US models were due in 2 to 3 weeks and he can order them now. (I ordered my 50inch for $7400 on Monday)

I gave the details to AussieX3 so if you guys organise a group buy it might be better to go through him?

I asked him about the Ausid box and they are now about $900 because Fujitsu are no longer doing a promotion for them (half price).

Good Luck,

Scaven

Cheers Scaven, many thanks mate! fantastic price!

Cheers,

Marcelo

OK Guys,

Since I'm getting alot of PM's , I have spoken to my contact and he will do the prices I have quoted if everyone just wants to buy seperately

GOLD, thanks for the hard work & info!!

Not sure if the group buy is worth pursuing, in terms of the logistics and "pain factor" for organising it all, for the sake of $100?

Of course, am still interested in group buy if it is deemed by those involved as worth pursuing.

As a side activity, and in the event group-buy does not happen, I think it's time to discover if they are prepared to deal with/ship to single interstate customers (as I think many of us are not based in NSW?). Will post any useful info.

:blink:

Good stuff scaven, I think everyone would probably feel more comfortable going it alone now that they know the price can be achieved that way.

FWIW, I've noticed that Retravision stores in general seem to be offering some competitive prices on Fujitsu equipment recently. So for those of you who aren't in Sydney, you might want to try your local Retravision to see how you go.

For the record, I picked up my AUSID from Retravision Chatswood Westfield for $429, and they also had 3 Fujitsu 40 Series panels (P42VHA40, P42HHA40, and P50XHA40) on display.

FWIW, I've noticed that Retravision stores in general seem to be offering some competitive prices on Fujitsu equipment recently. So for those of you who aren't in Sydney, you might want to try your local Retravision to see how you go.

yeah that is not a bad idea actually.

I just spoke to Owen (Scaven's contact), and he is going to get back to me re: courier costs to Melbourne for the 50" panel - so will be interesting to see what he comes back with.

As a fall-back, I might have a chat to local Retra dealers, just incase the courier cost is a little prohibitive (or there is some other issue).

EDIT: Owen called me back to advise he was still on the trail re: shipping/courier to Melb, as the first quote he got was $500?!?!? ahaha so yes, I think not.

His next port-of-call was to speak to Fuji directly in terms of having the panel shipped directly form the Fuji warehouse using whoever Fuji normally use, or perhaps from a local (Melb) warehouse, as opposed to from NSW. Will letcha kno what happens.

OK Guys,

Good Luck,

Scaven

Scaven,

The quoted price for the US 50.Did that include Stand and black speakers? Thanks again>Regards Burnout.

Good stuff scaven, I think everyone would probably feel more comfortable going it alone now that they know the price can be achieved that way.

For the record, I picked up my AUSID from Retravision Chatswood Westfield for $429, and they also had 3 Fujitsu 40 Series panels (P42VHA40, P42HHA40, and P50XHA40) on display.

hey foggy i am looking at the asid hd box at around the price you payed and live in brissy but would ring the retailer where you got yours and see if he would sell me one and post it up could you give me the phone number of thestore you got it from and the name of the saleman you talked to ,i am looking at buying the 42"fuji at clive peters up here (if the price is right)but if he can"t give me a good price for the hd box i will try where you got yours if you don"t mind,look forward to your reply steve my name thanks foggy:-)

I notice all you people 'hearding' along following eachother into a Fujitsu' purchase.  Has anyone actually ever tested this US model ?  Is there a possibility that this model is a dud ?

Yep tested the WS and the US model should be better by the reports from 2 other members.

Oh and by the way BAH.......BAH.......3 bags full. :blink:

I notice all you people 'hearding' along following eachother into a Fujitsu' purchase.  Has anyone actually ever tested this US model ?  Is there a possibility that this model is a dud ?

Interesting comment. I guess buying any plasma especially at $7,000+ is a leap of faith for many people. So when i purchased my 50mxe1 that's exactly what i felt given that you can't roadtest these at home first using a quality connection. I personally found the whole situation frustrating and it was only when i was able to see what a 43mxe1 could do with a good connection, that i realised that was the best choice for me at the time. And let me say that the 50mxe1 i have looks better at home. I am amazed just how good the picture looks at a size that 2 years ago had it's quality issues.

So, yes fujitsu carries a lot of weight here. too bad the commercial pioneer version is not available at normal retailers so that comparisons can be made. Maybe, a lot of people would be surprised.

You can't possibly believe that anyone who is waiting for the US panel hasn't laid eyes on the equivalent WS panel.... of course they have, and many have commented that the WS model is an impressive performer.

All that glenncol and myself have said is that the PQ of the US models offer more calibration capability, and the extra HDMI input. Neither Glenn or myself have had our panels professionaly calibrated yet, but we have done our own custom tweaks until we can get hold of Aaron.

In my case the custom tweaking has not extended into the extra options provided by the US model, so I am effectively running it as a WS panel, but with a HDMI input for my DVD player. So those who are waiting for the US models are not basing their decision solely on glenncol's or my opinion, they have been able to see it in store for quite some time now.

What the US model offers those who wait is some "future proofing" with the HDMI connection and more functions for a higher degree of calibration, but the out of the box picture is basically the same as the WS models.

OK Guys,

Just had a call from Owen who is my contact.

First the good news, the US 50 inch panels are due in 5 days :P

The bad news is that according to Fujitsu they won't be getting the 42inch US models for a few months :blink:

Also he was supposed to call a few people back regarding Courier costs, he said that you will have to organise your couriers if you are interstate as it would cost him about $500 to courier a 50 inch to Melbourne or Brisbane.

Will update you when I hear more.

Scaven

You can't possibly believe that anyone who is waiting for the US panel hasn't laid eyes on the equivalent WS panel.... of course they have, and many have commented that the WS model is an impressive performer.

All that glenncol and myself have said is that the PQ of the US models offer more calibration capability, and the extra HDMI input. Neither Glenn or myself have had our panels calibrated yet, but we have done our own custom tweaks until we can get hold of Aaron.

In my case the custom tweaking has not extended into the extra options provided by the US model, so I am effectively running it as a WS panel, but with a HDMI input for my DVD player. So those who are waiting for the US models are not basing their decision solely on glenncol's or my opinion, they have been able to see it in store for quite some time now.

What the US model offers those who wait is some "future proofing" with the HDMI connection and more functions for a higher degree of calibration, but the out of the boz picture is basically the same as the WS models.

Foggy, i don't think anyones having a go. Far from it. I think the help most contributors have provided has been invaluble.

The only aspect i'm not happy about in this whole fuji 50" saga is that my son 3 year old son gets to watch more of the plasma than me. :blink:

Also he was supposed to call a few people back regarding Courier costs, he said that you will have to organise your couriers if you are interstate as it would cost him about $500 to courier a 50 inch to Melbourne or Brisbane.

For that exact reason, I turned my attention to local retailers (Melb), including HN, Encel, Good Guys, Retravision, etc etc etc

I received a LOT of push back in terms of "they arent available", or "there is no such thing", or "you cant pre-order anywhere", or "best price we can do is 9k". Screw that.

Whilst most stores were willing to at least try, Encel were EXTREMELY hostile and arrogant about all of this (two seperate stores), so much so that I feel it worth posting here. Avoid.

To cut a long story short, it is looking very good in terms of being able to secure a 50" US model Fuji at $7400 from a retailer in Melbourne, availability within two weeks (actually the missuz did most of the work, so full credit).

The next best quote we got was $8100.

So for those in Melb, and before I "jump the gun" and potentially provide a dead-end lead, I will be confirming this ASAP, most likely on the weekend, and will of course post results.

Cheers :blink:

The only aspect i'm not happy about in this whole fuji 50" saga is that my son 3 year old son gets to watch more of the plasma than me.  :P

I can tell you that the life-size Shrek or Woody (from Toy Story, not Glenn's :P ) are mesmerising for the kiddies. Your 3 year old may watch the panel more than you, but you will enjoy the extra hours of peace & quiet that it will give you. :blink:

For that exact reason, I turned my attention to local retailers (Melb), including HN, Encel, Good Guys, Retravision, etc etc etc

I received a LOT of push back in terms of "they arent available", or "there is no such thing", or "you cant pre-order anywhere", or "best price we can do is 9k". Screw that.

Whilst most stores were willing to at least try, Encel were EXTREMELY hostile and arrogant about all of this (two seperate stores), so much so that I feel it worth posting here. Avoid.

To cut a long story short, it is looking very good in terms of being able to secure a 50" US model Fuji at $7400 from a retailer in Melbourne, availability within two weeks (actually the missuz did most of the work, so full credit).

The next best quote we got was $8100.

So for those in Melb, and before I "jump the gun" and potentially provide a dead-end lead, I will be confirming this ASAP, most likely on the weekend, and will of course post results.

Cheers :P

:P

Pandemik,

I am having the same problem.$500 Frieght, I don"t think so.

If any in Brisbane can help to source US 50 at these prices please P.M.

Will post if I have any luck.Regards Burnout.

I am having the same problem.$500 Frieght, I don"t think so.

If any in Brisbane can help to source US 50 at these prices please P.M.

Will post if I have any luck.Regards Burnout.

hmmm... anyone in Sydney own a truck and wants to make some easy dollars?! :blink:

hmmm... anyone in Sydney own a truck and wants to make some easy dollars?! :blink:

ahaah yeah

well the other aspect for me was, having a local retailer means an easier port-of-call if I have any issues etc etc etc. Issue resolution when dealing with an interstate retailer may or may not be the ideal situation

Mate

People on here are not stupid which it sounds like you are implying (I Could Be Wrong)

As mentioned of course people have checked the Oz unit out

I have the US version so yes i have tested the unit out as i have nearly every unit on the market

What makes you ask if this unit is a dud?

OK Guys,

Just had a call from Owen who is my contact.

First the good news, the US 50 inch panels are due in 5 days :P

The bad news is that according to Fujitsu they won't be getting the 42inch US models for a few months :blink:

Will update you when I hear more.

Scaven

Fujitsu might be able to ship direct please check this option out