Who's waiting for Fujitsu 42" or 50" 40US models?

Hey Angelo

I was out at Mega Mart in Chadstone and there were heaps of people hanging around the Plasma section but none were even looking sideways at the Fujitsu HD 42"

I asked a drone if i could see the menu system of the Fujitsu and asked to play with the remote.

I sat there for 10 minutes playing with the settings on the 42" and then handed back the remote to the drone. His face lite up at the PQ and this was rough as could be.

I told him to make sure they atleast do something with these sets rather then just pull them out of the box and plug them in, His responce was he does and a coupld of others but someone keeps setting things back to default.

I left the area as the wife wanted ot look at couches (Damn it) i walked back past about a half hour later and more and more people were now looking the Fujitsu with one couple changing from the Panasonic to the fujitsu.

I spoke ot the coupld and they had been in the store a dozen times looking at the different units and came back today to purchase the Panasonic but changed their minds to the Fuji after a rough rough tweaking.

Wow. That's fantastic. Well done Glenn

You mentioned that you did group buying last time. Could you help me with logistics of it?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. That's fantastic. Well done Glenn

You mentioned that you did group buying last time. Could you help me with logistics of it?

Its pretty easy dude

Make arrangements with the retailer to accept odered direct from the people purchasing and even go as far as making up and code number for people ot pass to the retailer as proof of the group.

This way you dont have to collect the money form any one or have ot worry about delivery issues as it will all be done on a one on one basis.

You have ot make perfectlly sure NOBODY spills the beasn on where or what cost the unit is being bought for

Weird.. I can not edit the Post #1 anymore... hmmm why would that be.. anyway, I just got back from talking to the store manager at Mega Mart Alexandria who is very interested in getting this ball rolled with us. Few things you have to kepp in mind is that

Mere interest and committment is completely different thing.

We do not want any day dreamers trying to screw up our efforts here. I have 30 numbers in the poll but I am thinking may be only 50% or even below 50% of people are really ready to committ to this. Anyway, he will call Coles Myer head office to work out the best pricing he can give us on this deal. I gave him the last ball park figure we have and told him that he will have to significantly beat it to make this happen. He could not give me the price now because US models aren't even listed on the system. I also told him that most of us will be interested in AUSID STB as per glenncol's recommendation.

Few things to keep in mind!

No interest free deal on this (as per store manager)

Cash/Credit Card/Bank Cheque only

May ask for upfront payment

So if you do not have budget allowed for these plasmas, please please do not even put the number up here.

Will keep posting the news as I get them.

Cheers all.

Its pretty easy dude

Make arrangements with the retailer to accept odered direct from the people purchasing and even go as far as making up and code number for people ot pass to the retailer as proof of the group.

This way you dont have to collect the money form any one or have ot worry about delivery issues as it will all be done on a one on one basis.

You have ot make perfectlly sure NOBODY spills the beasn on where or what cost the unit is  being bought for

Thanks heaps for that. Now I got a better idea. So dealing with guys like Coles Myer is an excellent idea to start with yeah? I thought of going Bing Lee and HN as well.. do you think it is worth it? or let Mega Mart work out the best deal for us? I mean the store manager I was talking to understand exactly what we want to do and also mentioned there aren't many dealers who can meat our demand if it is not like Coles Myer etc... anyway. if we do get this through, please also help us with calibration etc as many of us aren't tech wiz like you. I really hope we make this happen...

I mean as you have pointed out Fuji isn't well that popular in store and we are making them to capture not very significant but still fairly good proprtion of new plasma buyers I think.

Does anyone know why I can not edit Post #1 which I have written? All other postings I can edit but the edit button for #1 disappered. I just want to have a diary where I can keep updating the new information I gather etc... What would be the best way around if any forum guru know?

Sorry I am keep asking you Glenn but you would have an idea may be? I mean you are the king of the king here...

Does anyone know why I can not edit Post #1 which I have written? All other postings I can edit but the edit button for #1 disappered. I just want to have a diary where I can keep updating the new information I gather etc... What would be the best way around if any forum guru know?

Sorry I am keep asking you Glenn but you would have an idea may be? I mean you are the king of the king here...

Posts can only be edited for 24 hours after they are submitted.

Did you read glenncol's post? He said not to mention the retailer or the price online.

Posts can only be edited for 24 hours after they are submitted.

Did you read glenncol's post? He said not to mention the retailer or the price online.

Right.. thanks for that Foghorn.

Yes he told me not to spill the bean. Once we get some real figures, I will be more careful with who and how much we are doing the deals for. Though there is no other way I can pursuade people to join this group buying without telling them the price that justifies their decision to join in you know... unless you have other brilliant idea. I also do not want to sit down and write emails back and forth just to communicate off the forum either...

To me it is already enough of efforts to keep this posting going (mind you I do enjoy reading you and glenn's postings)

Cheers Foghorn

Right.. thanks for that Foghorn.

Yes he told me not to spill the bean. Once we get some real figures, I will be more careful with who and how much we are doing the deals for. Though there is no other way I can pursuade people to join this group buying without telling them the price that justifies their decision to join in you know... unless you have other brilliant idea. I also do not want to sit down and write emails back and forth just to communicate off the forum either...

To me it is already enough of efforts to keep this posting going (mind you I do enjoy reading you and glenn's postings)

Cheers Foghorn

Sorry to be harsh, but it is going to be hard work. Other retailers can get a little antsy at the prices that someone else can sell it for, and start to make demands on Fujitsu. Fujitsu will then get the sh1ts and put a stop to it because they don't want create a price war or cut the margin on the product for their retail channel.

The last group buy ended in a little bit of a mess from what I read (though I wasn't involved) for these reasons.

The best approach might be to get everyone who's interested to PM you their email address, location, and the model of panel and STB they want to order. Any details about whether they want the speakers, desktop stand, or wall mount bracket too should be included.

Then you can keep them in the loop with group emails. Use the forum to "advertise" rough details such as price ranges, and also cut-off dates.

You WILL get heaps of slackers who come in late and want to know the details and if they can still get on board. You should just have a standard email that you send to these guys to save you time, and you should be firm about your cut-off dates, or you'll never get it off the ground.

Sorry to be harsh, but it is going to be hard work. Other retailers can get a little antsy at the prices that someone else can sell it for, and start to make demands on Fujitsu. Fujitsu will then get the sh1ts and put a stop to it because they don't want create a price war or cut the margin on the product for their retail channel.

The last group buy ended in a little bit of a mess from what I read (though I wasn't involved) for these reasons.

Hard work is not the word for it

What made the other group buy go belly up was one person thought it would be a great idea to pop into another retailers store and spill the beans on the group buy price so see if he or she could get the same price closer to them

The best approach might be to get everyone who's interested to PM you their email address, location, and the model of panel and STB they want to order. Any details about whether they want the speakers, desktop stand, or wall mount bracket too should be included.

Then you can keep them in the loop with group emails. Use the forum to "advertise" rough details such as price ranges, and also cut-off dates.

You WILL get heaps of slackers who come in late and want to know the details and if they can still get on board. You should just have a standard email that you send to these guys to save you time, and you should be firm about your cut-off dates, or you'll never get it off the ground.

I would post for interested people and give it two week for people to replay and when this two weeks are up thats it no more.

While the number are coming in start your search for a retialer that will be interested but the key here is find a retailer that will already offer a good price.

your larger stores are no always the best as they will owrk on certain % in profit and will not budge.

I know people are going to think i am nuts but the likes of HN and the like might be a very good start as HN stores are franchises so the the owner of the electrical department might cut you a good deal.

Other retialers to look at are your Good Guys ro Retravision stores

Excellent guidance foghorn. thank you so much. yes for some reason I am rolling it and i never expected that i should be forefront of this.... now seems i have no choice but to roll it to see what happens. even you already own the great unit we all are hoping to get, please please do keep your interests in us and help me with making this to work just fine as you have so far done.

Cheers!

I would post for interested people and give it two week for people to replay and when this two weeks are up thats it no more.

While the number are coming in start your search for  a retialer that will be interested but the key here is find a retailer that will already offer a good price.

your larger stores are no always the best as they will owrk on certain % in profit and will not budge.

I know people are going to think i am nuts but the likes of HN and the like might be a very good start as HN stores are franchises so the the owner of the electrical department might cut you a good deal.

Other retialers to look at are your Good Guys ro Retravision stores

Yes I guess I should go and ask those guys too. Though glenn so u think I should go and ask HN in several locations as they are franchisees of their own? and good guys and bing lees? Phew.... lot of work to do huh?

I really do appreciate you and foghorn's input in this. Thank you.

Here in Canberra, Harvey Norman / Domayne have had a falling out with Fuji and refuse to stock their panels. When I was price checking 4 weeks back, the Good Guys were certainly ready to talk a good deal.

Yes I guess I should go and ask those guys too. Though glenn so u think I should go and ask HN in several locations as they are franchisees of their own? and good guys and bing lees? Phew.... lot of work to do huh?

I really do appreciate you and foghorn's input in this. Thank you.

I would try one maybe two stores but DO NOT try heaps and heaps as they will know there is a GB going down and may start to whinge to Fujitsu.

Cummo just chimed in with a great suggestion so have a go with the Good Guys

HN definitely do not stock Fujitsu panels - in a couple of the Sydney stores that I know of. They cite a falling out and bad warranty/customer service etc. Whatever.

I will try to get out and see if I can speak to the retailer I mentioned earlier tomorrow and find out if they can definitely help. I'm not sure if he'll be able to assist as much as a larger chain as he's a stand-alone store.

HN definitely do not stock Fujitsu panels - in a couple of the Sydney stores that I know of.  They cite a falling out and bad warranty/customer service etc.  Whatever.

I will try to get out and see if I can speak to the retailer I mentioned earlier tomorrow and find out if they can definitely help.  I'm not sure if he'll be able to assist as much as a larger chain as he's a stand-alone store.

Tyler thanks for that though this is what mega mart guy was saying to me this afternoon. Individual dealers may not be able to meet our demand for the reason that their pre-arranged relatiohship if you know what I mean. If the numbers on the poll is entirely true, we are talking near 200K of sales here and small dealers may not be able to fulfil their orders. Nevertheless, nothing to lose for trying at this stage as we are still gathering the price but as foghorn and glenn suggested let's not budge eveyone on this deal.

Initially, although I started this poll, I had no intention to be at the fore front of this but it is too late now and I have to ask people to help me to help yourselves. I know you may wonder if I am a good negotiator or not... but to me when you are talking about 30 units for example, negotiation skill does not come in to play at all.

OK just to cut whole story short, please do ask the guy as you like and feed me the info quietly if you could so we do not have a LEECH goes to your friend shop and make whole thing fall out.

Cheers!

For those people who are wondering why we are so much attached to Fujitsu here, please read the attached post initiated by Glenncol. It is quiet long but you will gain lots of knowledge in knowing what to look for when selecting plasmas. Also you will know why we are doing this group buying and why we are waiting for US models.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=17539

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

New to the forum, just found it while stumbling around on the 'Net !!

I'm also waiting for Fujitsu to supply the 50inch "U" model.

I found out about it by being told that a retailer was out of stock (WS) and awaiting the "New, U" model.

I have had several e-mails with Fujitsu regarding their wall brackets, and while I was talking to them asked about the new 50inch model.

Quote ....

The new “U” models with HDMI input will come in both 42 & 50 inch, with silver bezel (surround) only. Their release date has yet to be confirmed, but the market will certainly be advised as soon as we have a confirmed date."

Definitely looking for one in Adelaide, we don't have MegaMart there, but if we are talking to Coles Myer, maybe we could get them from our local Myer store ?

This sort of thing can work if we have a contact in HQ (Say he's Fred Nerk), and then we go to our local Myer Store armed with Fred Nerks phone number, and then they contact Fred and sell it to us with a "Markdown Allowance".

Just a thought .....

Keep up the good work,

Austen.

Guys,

I will be talking to a store next week about this. They already offer the 50 inch WS model with stand for under $8000, so I will let you know how it goes. We should get some numbers together over the next week.

Cheers,

Scaven

Just a thought, although I won't be involved in this deal. Will you be going for a specified dead pixel policy or just accepting the manufacturer's default, whatever that may be?

Can I suggest that an advantage of a large group buy might be to negotiate an agreement by which any units with defective pixels from new are regarded as DOA and are replaced without argument?