On Wednesday I was in one of the Good Guys looking for 42PX3RVC. All were sold off but salesman told me that the new model is expected in couple of weeks: 42PX4DBC similar to previous one but with second HD tuner. And what was interesting he had it in computer with recomendet price of $3,699 eg $400 more then for 42PX3RVC ( in GG they have it for $3,299) .

The only mention about 42PX4DV I found on UK LG site but there is no word about HD tuner and they saying it is coming soon.

Yesterday I found it on ebay.com.au (but it is not 42PX4DVC)

Model:42PX4DV 42PX4DVB

New XD Engine

1500cd/m²

10000:1 contrast ratio

SRS/BBE

Intelligent Eye

PIP/DW/POP

Text 1500 pages

Built-in HD Digital Receiver (and a 2nd Analogue Tuner)

More Information

Audio

Audio Output 15w x 2

AVL Yes

Mono/Stereo/Dual Yes

SRS/BBE Yes

Bass/Treble/Balance Yes

SSM (DASP) SRS/Flat/Music/Movie/Sports/User

Enhanced Noise Reduction Yes

Display

Brightness 1500 cd/m2

Contrast Ratio 10,000:1

Input Signal NTSC/PAL/SECAM, HD, VGA~SXGA

Resolution 852 x 480

Filter Film Filter

Size 42

Enhanced Line Doubler Yes

XD Engine New XD Engine

10 bit process Yes

DCDi Yes

Digital Comb Filter 3D

DLTI/DCTI Yes

Colour Temperature Control Normal/Cool/Warm/User

Cinema (3:2/2:2 Pull Down) Yes

Auto Booster (Analogue) YesOn

Aspect Ratio Correction Spectacle/Full Screen/Original/4:3/16:9/14:9/Zoom

Picture Control Contrast/Brightness/Colour/Sharpness/Tint

Tuner

1 HD Digital

1 Analogue

Function

Auto/Manual Clock Manual Clock

On/Off Timer Yes

Sleep Timer Yes

Auto off Yes

Auto/Manual Programming Yes

Favourite Channel Yes

Quick View Yes

Child lock Yes

Image Sticking ISM, Orbiter, White Wash, Inversion

Intelligent Eye Yes

Text 1500 pages

Mute Yes

Auto Configuration (Manual) Yes

Screen Adjust Yes

PSM (APC) Intelligent Eye/Dynamic/Standard/Mild/User

General

AC input 100~240V, 50/60Hz

Power Consumption 250w

Size (WxHxD mm) 1252 x 653.5 x 93.5

Weight (kg) 34.3

OSD Language Multi 1

Picture-in-picture

Interface

HDMI 1

RS-232C 1 (Control + Download)

RGB In (D-sub 15pin) 1

PC Audio In (Phone Type) 1

IR Jack (Phone Type) 1

RF In 2 Tuner

AV IN (Composite + L/R) 1

AV Out (Composite + L/R) 1

S-Video In (Y/C) 1

SCART 3 (Full 1, Half 2)

Component In (Y, Pb, Pr) 1 (480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 720p, 1080i)

Side Interface

AV In (Composite + L/R) 1

S-Video In (Y/C) 1

PLEASE NOTE: We can only deliver this item. We do not ship outside of Australia.

STOP PRESS - Buy it Now. This is a Brand name (new) 42" High Definition Ready with a High Definition built in digital receiver (set top box) and a second analogue tuner. It is new direct from the factory.

Full product details are at http://au.lge.com/index.do <---- Enter the product code in the search window on the LG site! (details may not be on the LG site on this item till after 10th June 2005. Brand new!)

Have anyone has more information on this model?

I start thinking about buying plasma just couple weeks ago when my almost new Philips (CRT) died.

New models coming out one after another , so it is not easy to decide which one to pick. But I'd rathe stick to LG - quite reasonably priced.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm has HDMI but no DVI still looks like very good value though

From my view, it seems that the 4RVC is exactly the same as the 3RVC model but it comes with the built in HD tuner.

Personally, i'd rather buy the 3RVC and have the option to choose my own HD STB. This way you have the option to upgrade the STB at any time, rather than be stuck with the HD tuner that will always be built in to the TV.

Haggle a better price on the 3RVC and then buy a crash hot HD STB to go with the set.

Jon.........

• 2 weeks later...
hmm has HDMI but no DVI still looks like very good value though

From my view, it seems that the 4RVC is exactly the same as the 3RVC model but it comes with the built in HD tuner.

Personally, i'd rather buy the 3RVC and have the option to choose my own HD STB. This way you have the option to upgrade the STB at any time, rather than be stuck with the HD tuner that will always be built in to the TV.

Haggle a better price on the 3RVC and then buy a crash hot HD STB to go with the set.

Jon.........

After checking the websites, the LG 42PX4DV is the UK model of the LG 42PX3RVC here in Australia. There isn't much of a difference between them according to the websites. There's also a model with a built-in HD STB available in Australia.

Thanks

Jon.......

[

the LG 42PX4DV is basically the same as the current model px3 but has a new fascia with the gloss black border around the screen.. very sexy set.

has anyone been quoted a street price yet on this model?

luis

i just received mine yesterday. This is my first plasma so I'm only a novice to this. The set comes with the hd set top box built in, so it was a matter of pressing a few o,k, commands when iIturned it on and all was working within a few minutes.

I must say to date that the picture quality is superb and i actutally thought i had received the high definition model by mistake!

The set has all the features of the other more expensive units. I just hope it gives me some 'good' years !

now i know what i have been missing all these years without a plasma...

Price was $3150 (retail $3700 ) from dj's

option of 4 years extended warranty i will buy soon for $549-- expensive peace of mind option!

Anyone have any links to this model? Doesn't seem to be much on lge.com.au

Are the widely available ? Was seriously looking at the PX3, but this seems a better deal (specially with the built in dig tuner)

i just received mine yesterday. This is my first plasma so I'm only a novice to this. The set comes with the hd set top box built in, so it was a matter of pressing a few o,k, commands when iIturned it on and all was working within a few minutes.

I must say to date that the picture quality is superb and i actutally thought i had received the high definition model by mistake!

The set has all the features of the other more expensive units. I just hope it gives me some 'good' years !

Price was $3150 (retail  $3700 ) from dj's

option of 4 years extended warranty i will buy soon for $549-- expensive peace of mind option!

good work and the pic of it I saw on ebay looked great...

Would you mine doing me a quick favour and meauring the height of the unit (inluding stand). My TV cabinet has some space issues and I can't go above 740 mm tall (-:

good work and the pic of it I saw on ebay looked great...

Would you mine doing me a quick favour and meauring the height of the unit (inluding stand).  My TV cabinet has some space issues and I can't go above 740 mm tall (-:

No details on the Aus site yet but its the same as the UK Model I believe.

Do a product search on uk.lge.com under Plasma and you will find it.

Height of the unit is listed as 653.5mm

$3500 list price at JB but no doubt you could get it cheaper. I just bought a PX3 and having terrible lip sync issues. Going to see if JB will upgrade me to the new model for free or atleast cheap.

No details on the Aus site yet but its the same as the UK Model I believe.

Do a product search on uk.lge.com under Plasma and you will find it.

Height of the unit is listed as 653.5mm

$3500 list price at JB but no doubt you could get it cheaper.  I just bought a PX3 and having terrible lip sync issues.  Going to see if JB will upgrade me to the new model for free or atleast cheap.

I think a trip to HN might be on the cards to see about getting the PX4 model instead. If its coming down this much in price, its definitely a good purchase!

Jon........

I went to David Jones at lunchtime and was told that the 42PX3RVC is a promotional model and can only be ordered by companies on large unit orders (Bing Lee-HN etc). I also inquired about the 42PX4DV and this is the replacement model for the PX11. The 42PX4DV is a standard definition Plasma panel but has a built-in HD STB, compared to the 42PX3RVC which has twin analogue tuners.

DJ's have the 10% on all Plasmas and the 42PX4DV worked out to be $3350 after discount. Not a bad price considering the 42PX3RVC is selling for $3000 with no HD STB.

I'm now torn as to which way to go, seeing as a few hundred gets me an all in one solution!

Jon........

jondarren

I got my 42PX4DV for $3150 (after 10% off) from DJ-Parramatta.

I think i had better go get the PX4DV instead. It seems a better deal now that its come down in price much closer to the PX3RVC. I'm getting on the phone to HN now!

Thanks for the price quote from DJ's!

Jon.......

Price was $3150 (retail  $3700 ) from dj's

Which DJ's did you get that price - I was quoted $3,699 less 10% = $3,329

I don't know from which DJ store did audiolu63 get his PX4 for $3150, I got mine from Parramatta, NSW. I got it on a 4-year interest-free term and delivered free.

And what price was that for? $3150?

If so, how can DJs do the discount of 10% and be different in the pricing? Was there much haggling involved?

Jon........

Well, i did it. I changed my order from the PX3RVC to the PX4DV. Went to Harvey Norman this weekend, took the price quote from DJ's and got the new model. After talking through my options with a very helpful and knowledgable sales rep, i chose the PX4DV for the reason of a nice all in one solution that would give me the HD picture quality (albeit on an SD panel - when available) without the hefty price tag that was beyond my budget.

I've checked the set and there's an upgrade port at the rear so i'm covered when it comes to releasing new HD frequencies and firmware upgrades too. Its being delivered this saturday so i'm really excited.

Has anyone else got this model yet?

Jon........

jondarren

I got mine delivered last Thursday. Have been pretty busy this weekend and couldn't manage time to set it up, but had a quick look at it. I also noticed the upgrade port at the back. That's comforting.

Looking forward sharing my views and setup experience with you.

Well, i did it. I changed my order from the PX3RVC to the PX4DV. Went to Harvey Norman this weekend, took the price quote from DJ's and got the new model. After talking through my options with a very helpful and knowledgable sales rep, i chose the PX4DV for the reason of a nice all in one solution that would give me the HD picture quality (albeit on an SD panel - when available) without the hefty price tag that was beyond my budget.

I've checked the set and there's an upgrade port at the rear so i'm covered when it comes to releasing new HD frequencies and firmware upgrades too. Its being delivered this saturday so i'm really excited.

Jon........

Jon........

I purchased on the weekend the PX4DV AA which does not have the built in STB. Is there any advantage to using this unit with a HD set top box as opposed to SD? Is the best connection between STB and unit component??

thortt

I purchased on the weekend the PX4DV AA which does not have the built in STB. Is there any advantage to using this unit with a HD set top box as opposed to SD? Is the best connection between STB and unit component??

thortt

Hi Thortt,

You should check the model number you have purchased. The LG 42PX4DV comes with a Built-In High Definition Tuner and the LG PX3RVC has two Analogue tuners.

If you bought the PX4DV, you should have an HD tuner built-in and therefore not need an external HD set top box.

Its always better to have the HD set top box if you're gonna buy one, so at least that part of your system is future proof. But make sure you get a HD STB with an upgrade port such as the Thomson or Toshiba i think.

Thanks

Jon.........