LG 42PX4DVC Plasma

Component Cable $34.95 plus postage

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Mate this is a total no brainer....  the pictuire quality through Fox goes from comparable to VHS --> seemingly BETTER than DVD.. its sensational...

The l;ast test is a component cable for my Xbox.. which should arrive soon.. i will report on that too

Hey G,

thanks for the link. I checked the Concord products out the other day actually. Would you recommend them for good picture quality then? I just need component 3 RCA - 3 RCA but i imagine the quality would be close to the Scart version you bought. I definitely need to sort one of these cables out. At the moment i'm just using 3 independent Video RCA leads, so it's good but not as good as i'd like.

Thanks

Jon........

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey G,

thanks for the link. I checked the Concord products out the other day actually. Would you recommend them for good picture quality then? I just need component 3 RCA - 3 RCA but i imagine the quality would be close to the Scart version you bought. I definitely need to sort one of these cables out. At the moment i'm just using 3 independent Video RCA leads, so it's good but not as good as i'd like.

Thanks

Jon........

Mine is a SCART to a FIVE pin Component ... three for video (RGB) and two for Audio

Are you sure three RCA to three RCA is what you want?

What are you trying to connect from? Foxtel? or DVD player?

You do realise you can't just plaug a component cable into a normal composite RCA and get a good picture?

Mine is a SCART to a FIVE pin Component ...  three for video (RGB) and two for Audio

Are you sure three RCA to three RCA is what you want?

What are you trying to connect from? Foxtel? or  DVD player?

You do realise you can't just plaug a component cable into a normal composite RCA and get a good picture?

hey G,

i think i counfused you.

I'm after a component cable for my DVD player. The DVD has component out, Compoisite out and S-Video out. At the moment, i am using the component out, but i am after a quality lead. All i have done is take 3 seperate RCA video leads and used one for each component output (Red, Green, Blue).

Its doing the job for now, and its bound to be better than using the composite feed. I just need a quality Component lead for the DVD.

Jon.......

hey G,

i think i counfused you.

I'm after a component cable for my DVD player. The DVD has component out, Compoisite out and S-Video out. At the moment, i am using the component out, but i am after a quality lead. All i have done is take 3 seperate RCA video leads and used one for each component output (Red, Green, Blue).

Its doing the job for now, and its bound to be better than using the composite feed. I just need a quality Component lead for the DVD.

Jon.......

Try jaycar www.jaycar.com.au

I have bought some leads from them. They have a good selection.

(they have concord) I have one for my sub. Looks to be a good cable. Quality wise and construction. Reasonable price too.

After talking to a few people about component leads, I am led to beleive the difference between a $35 lead and a $100 lead is negligible. That is to say you might be hard pressed to see a difference with the naked eye.

Comes down to how much you want to spend.

I actually got my component cable from JB however. $35 and I couldnt be happier with the quality.

Guest OzStriker

Guys have you sorted out the audio optical out problem??

The manual states on page 13 that you can send the set's audio to external audio equipment via the Digital Audio Output port. It states here that you must turn off the TV Speaker option (detailed on p25).

Are you guys still getting no audio out from the TV when doing this step?

The manual states on page 13 that you can send the set's audio to external audio equipment via the Digital Audio Output port. It states here that you must turn off the TV Speaker option (detailed on p25).

I read this too. If you connect the TV's digital out port to an amp, you have to turn the internal speaker off, so you'll get no sound directly from the TV.

Depends if you're happy running everything through the amp i guess.

J........

I now have an optical cable from the plasma to the amp. I think why they say to turn off the TV speakers is that there is a slight lag causing an echo effect. So you really can have the tv OR the amp.. not both.... but who wants both anyway really...

hey G,

i think i counfused you.

Jon.......

OK yeh gotcha now.

All I can say is I am happy with the SCART version I have and dont know about about a 3pin to 3 pin component. But I assume it would increase quality. Hard to tell with out seeing ya screen of course

Guest OzStriker

Thanks G, so can I have coax into the inbuilt tuner then send the audio via Optical to my Amp and still get full quality sound or is there a better way to do it ?

Guest power1997

Hello,

I am only new at posting messages so excuse my reply. But I was wanting to ask who has gotten this model of LG plasma the cheapest, and from what store?

Thanks.

Michael

Guest OzStriker

Further to my post above, will Optical out from this screen send 5.1 sound to my Amp when available on HD ?

OK yeh gotcha now.

All I can say is I am happy with the SCART version I have and dont know about about a 3pin to 3 pin component.  But I assume it would increase quality. Hard to tell with out seeing ya screen of course

Yeah, its hard to tell without seeing it for sure. But, using the same component manufacturer as yours, you would expect similar results. The 3-Pin to 3_pin is relatively the same cable, but terminated differently at the other end.

I'll look into this for sure, i wanna get the DVD looking its best.

How's your PX4DV going for you? Happy as ever?

Jon.......

Yeah, its hard to tell without seeing it for sure. But, using the same component manufacturer as yours, you would expect similar results. The 3-Pin to 3_pin is relatively the same cable, but terminated differently at the other end.

I'll look into this for sure, i wanna get the DVD looking its best.

How's your PX4DV going for you? Happy as ever?

Jon.......

More than happy! :blink:

Guest OzStriker

Thanks for your responses G, ignore the coax query I was confused.

I bought a Sony 795 Amp today which seems to be a great Amp for $700.

Can't wait to get everything all set up !!

Guest Ian Everett
I'll let you know , when my Optical Cable arrives .... (bought off Ebay)

I also bought a Component Cable for Foxtel Digital and my Xbox so will report on hopeful increased PQ compared to usual RCAs

Guest Ian Everett

:blink: As the LG 42PX4DV only has this optical digital audio output from its internal HD tuner I have a problem connecting to my OMNI DVD Receiver Home Theatre as it only has analog AV audio in (red/white RCA).

Does anyone know if there is a connector/converter for this i.e. optical digital audio to analog audio AV ?

Don't want to use AV receiver as this is expensive and overkill.

I've recently been looking around at what I think is the LG 42PX4DV, every store I have been too (HN, DJ and Bing Lee) have it at $3699. I've been reading posts here and have seen people buying it at well under $3300. My question is, how? :blink:

Have I got models mixed up? The 42PX4DV is the only SD panel with built in HD tuner that LG makes, isn't it?

In Bing Lee's catalog they list an LG SD plasma with HD tuner as a new model. Is this 42PX4DV?

If people were buying this model a month ago at under $3300, why is it still being sold at $3699?

I've recently been looking around at what I think is the LG 42PX4DV, every store I have been too (HN, DJ and Bing Lee) have it at $3699. I've been reading posts here and have seen people buying it at well under $3300. My question is, how? :blink:

Have I got models mixed up? The 42PX4DV is the only SD panel with built in HD tuner that LG makes, isn't it?

In Bing Lee's catalog they list an LG SD plasma with HD tuner as a new model. Is this 42PX4DV?

If people were buying this model a month ago at under $3300, why is it still being sold at $3699?

Hi there

$3,699 is the rec retail price only.

Ask for their best price and when they tell you, ask them again and then make a counter offer.

I paid $3,150 at Good Guys Narre Warren 4 weeks ago when LG had just released the new model.

When I mentioned the price to Megamart they said they would match it !

But quoted 4 weeks delivery.

Any realistic store will negotiate.

I've had the plasma a month now and am delighted with it.

Good Luck...........

Did the Good Guys have the price tag at $3699? And you talked them down from that?

Someone mentioned to me that it might be due to location as well, I am in Canberra, and they said things cost more to freight here, so are marked up in price :blink:

:P & :blink: I have just bought the PX4 (great PQ) BUT have two problems:

(1) there is a faulty pixel - a green pixel which remains on & sometimes off -

Would LG replace the unit?

(2) AUDIO/VIDEO - Connecting my Yamaha RX-V793 (Year 1999) AMP, Sansui DVD 80MB Recorder, Toshiba VCR & XBox

(2a) PX4 Digital Audio "Output" to the Yamaha Digital "In" using an optical cable - it works

(2b) PX4 Component Input 1 to the DVD Component Out using Component Cable -picture work but no sound through the AMP?

However if I swap the optical cable from the PX4 Digital Audio "Out" into the Digital Audio "Component 1 Input" - both picture and sound works. BUT then I loose audio for normal TV!!

Can I have two optical cables from the PX4 into a double adapter (is there such a thing?) then into AMP?

(2c) How should I connect the old VCR & XBox?

Any recommendations welcomed.

Hey Ray88

Leave the optical cable between optical out and your amp, then hopefully you have and 'audio coax out' from your dvd to feed a 'coax in' on the amp to get 5.1 sound. Havent heard of adaptors but Jaycar should know.

I dont suppose you have 2 optical inputs on the receiver (my pioneer does) which come in handy for this problem!

cheers

Did the Good Guys have the price tag at $3699? And you talked them down from that?

Someone mentioned to me that it might be due to location as well, I am in Canberra, and they said things cost more to freight here, so are marked up in price :blink:

The plasma wasn't actually priced. They had just been delivered into the store and put on display.

The initial price quoted was 'around $3,500 ' and negotiated from there, I paid an extra $350 to extend the warranty to 5 years.

All in cost delivered $3,500.00.

Recycle.............