HD STB Shoot out

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This box seems to get better and better

The more SD and HD content i watch on this thing makes me wonder where this thing has been all my life.

The lack of pixelisation while watching fast movement has mde TV viewing more injoyable again along with reduced solarisation and banding has made me one happy plasma owner finally

If any online retailers are selling this, please let me know. Myers across Canberra are terminally retarded, they have no idea what I'm talking about (provided the keywords AUSID, HD-D1, and Fujitsu STB).

*sigh*

Guest misterlee
If any online retailers are selling this, please let me know. Myers across Canberra are terminally retarded, they have no idea what I'm talking about (provided the keywords AUSID, HD-D1, and Fujitsu STB).

*sigh*

Same in Sydney. I haven't found a single Megamart, Harvey Norman, or Domayne who have any idea what I'm asking for.

If any of the Sydney-siders spot any (that are a closer to the city that Minchenbury) please let us know.

DBA MEMBERSHIP NEWS

New member: AUSID

Australian Universal Semi Integrated Decoder Pty Ltd (AUSID) is an Australian-based ISO 9002 accredited electronics manufacturer that has been servicing the needs that exists in the Asia Pacific region for smaller volume specific hardware and software related solutions for existing technology platforms. They are currently providing a specific digital tv solution for a global CE supplier in Australia.

The DBA board welcomes AUSID as a digital receiver supplier member.

http://www.ausid.com

Great review Glenncol,

I got a AUSID when I bought my Fuji about 3 months ago. I was a bit worried caus it cost my $1k and I couldn't find any reviews/info (just check there web-page) on them anywhere...but I stuck with because IMO, PQ and SQ were better than others on offer at that time.

I have had a couple of 'issues'. If I did not change channel for over an hour, the sound would start clipping, a little to start, but if I didn't do anything eventually the sound was gone. If I changed channel the sound would come back...very weird.

I checked everything and it was the box. Took it back to HN very displeased. They swore that they had not any issues with the box, however swapped my box for a another, no problems (Thanks Peter, HN @ TVL).

It may have been my imagination, but the SQ with the replacement box sounded my dynamic.

The other issue, the colours would change for no reason and because of above I blamed the box. This had nothing to do with the AUSID box, my fault for using cheap component cables with poor shielding (interference). Changed all three to Neotech, beautiful...

I am very happy with the AUSID box and Fuji combo.

Hi misterlee,

I spotted one of these in either Bing Lee or The Good Guys on O'Riordan St, Alexandria about 2 weeks ago. I didn't know what it was at that stage. It was shoved in a corner under a Fujitsu plasme that was on display with a sign on it saying it was a HD tuner for the Fujistsu. I never had time to check it out.

Regards

Paul

Same in Sydney. I haven't found a single Megamart, Harvey Norman, or Domayne who have any idea what I'm asking for.

If any of the Sydney-siders spot any (that are a closer to the city that Minchenbury) please let us know.

Great review Glenncol,

I got a AUSID when I bought my Fuji about 3 months ago. I was a bit worried caus it cost my $1k and I couldn't find any reviews/info (just check there web-page) on them anywhere...but I stuck with because IMO, PQ and SQ were better than others on offer at that time.

I have had a couple of 'issues'. If I did not change channel for over an hour, the sound would start clipping, a little to start, but if I didn't do anything eventually the sound was gone. If I changed channel the sound would come back...very weird.

I checked everything and it was the box. Took it back to HN very displeased. They swore that they had not any issues with the box, however swapped my box for a another, no problems (Thanks Peter, HN @ TVL).

It may have been my imagination, but the SQ with the replacement box sounded my dynamic.

The other issue, the colours would change for no reason and because of above I blamed the box. This had nothing to do with the AUSID box, my fault for using cheap component cables with poor shielding (interference). Changed all three to Neotech, beautiful...

I am very happy with the AUSID box and Fuji combo.

Cool dude

I have searched high and low and everybox on the market to find this one and the happiest person alive is my wife as there will be no more swapping this and swapping that at leasted as far as the Box and display goes :blink:

Hi misterlee,

I spotted one of these in either Bing Lee or The Good Guys on O'Riordan St, Alexandria about 2 weeks ago. I didn't know what it was at that stage. It was shoved in a corner under a Fujitsu plasme that was on display with a sign on it saying it was a HD tuner for the Fujistsu. I never had time to check it out.

Regards

Paul

Yeah this is the problem there should be big flashing lights around this unit

.... and the happiest person alive is my wife as there will be no more swapping this and swapping that at leasted as far as the Box and display goes  :P

Hey Glenn, I'll remind you of this in a year's time when you've got your heart set on the latest holographic/cataclysmic/4D displays and STB's that are emerging onto the market. :blink:

.... and the happiest person alive is my wife as there will be no more swapping this and swapping that at leasted as far as the Box and display goes  :P

Hey Glenn, I'll remind you of this in a year's time when you've got your heart set on the latest holographic/cataclysmic/4D displays and STB's that are emerging onto the market. :blink:

Lol i will just add it to the stable

Betta Electrical Minchinbury Superstore

Cnr John Hines Ave & Gt Western Hwy, Minchinbury.

James is the TV expert there.

Unfortunately they had to move the Fujitsu from its prime position because of Craig Lowndes coming to the store tonight, but I was lucky to view it for at least 20 minutes before they moved it!

Well I've decided to try this gadget with my NEC 42VM5W on the basis of wanting best performance plus it's a bit "fringe" here.

I picked it up at Betta Electrical Minchinbury for $540, which is mebbe not $500 but close and seems good for what is on offer.

Certainly looks are not an issue as it hides behind the screen.

I'll let you know what I make of it when I hook it up which will probably be on the weekend (the NEC doesn't arrive till Friday).

Certainly the unit on demo with the 50" Fujitsu is mighty impressive.

Guest misterlee

Thanks Paul,

Went there tonight (Bing Lee) and managed to pick one up for $500 without even trying (it had a $999 price tag on it)!!!

It was the last one but apparently they've got another batch coming on Wed.

Now we await the delivery of the Pio!

Hi misterlee,

Regards

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Went there tonight (Bing Lee) and managed to pick one up for $500 without even trying (it had a $999 price tag on it)!!!

It was the last one but apparently they've got another batch coming on Wed.

Now we await the delivery of the Pio!

Hi misterlee,

Regards

Paul

So misterlee i take it that it was the AUSID you picked up at that price?

If so bloody good going

Did you check out the Fujitsu panels before deciding on the PIO?

AUSID (os eye dee) I have been told its called.

Is this box a forum secret ?

DBA Feb/March Bulletin: “The DBA board welcomes AUSID as a digital receiver supplier member.”

I can't see them listed under “DBA Members”.

Also notice that DBA has just updated their “Digital TV Receivers” site, 1 June, with NO mention of AUSID.