Sign in to follow this  
blackfox

Helpful Audio Technical Document Links

The Analog Dept is great reading for ALL hi fi enthusiasts. It is ESSENTIAL reading for any Garrard, Thorens or Teres owners, history buffs, tweakers and vinyl enthusiasts. It probably should be avoided by owners of very expensive turntables and compulsive tweakers and collectors....

In particular if you need to know whether that Koetsu is a good match to your RB 300 arm or the DL 103 will work in your old Lenco L75 check out these cartridge / tonearm matching links:

Cartridge and Arm Matching including a calculator

The Cartridge Database's Cartridge Resonance Evaluator

Here is an example from The Analog Dept of a 1958 (yes - 50 years old) Thorens TD 124 with modified RB250 tonearm, just to whet your appetite. He originally had a Graham 2.2 / Ortofon Jubilee combo (over US$5000) but preferred the sound of his Express Machining RB250 and Denon DL-103R arm and cartridge.

DSC_2654.jpg

You can read more here

A marvelous idea. If I might make a recommendation. It should be categorized so readers could go right to topics on the subject they are interested in. I would like to contribute to the influence of one's room and sound waveform behavior therein. I my lengthy experience, this is every bit as important as any component in the audio chain to the object realization of one's investment. I don't know of another site, and I visit several, that even has a library, let alone maintains it. Thanks for thinking.

Thanks for the link Leon, there is some good reading contained there for those starting out.

Cheers Mondie

www.gedlee.com has some interesting (and probably controversial ) reading about stereo reproduction in general and speaker design specifics.

http://www.klippel.de/pubs/papers.asp

good refernce. lots of technical stuff there that is pretty interesting if ur into that sort of stuff

but it IS TECHNICAL PPL!!

Scorp , Ive had a tab with the Klippel page open for a few days , very interesting reading , they make measuring systems for driver units

Scorpion, I have had a brief look through the link, but I'm a complete tech dummy and have no idea what I was reading.

I would have commented sooner but I didn't want to sound negative or stupid.:) I'm sure I'll find something in that lot that I can make sense of, so I'll keep going back for a read.

Scorpion, I have had a brief look through the link, but I'm a complete tech dummy and have no idea what I was reading.

I would have commented sooner but I didn't want to sound negative or stupid.:mad: I'm sure I'll find something in that lot that I can make sense of, so I'll keep going back for a read.

yer, the klippel stuff is pretty darn technical. requires a lot of background knowledge on transducer design to make sense of most of it. i have a very limited grasp on transducer design so most of it doesn't make sense to me either :)