SHARP 1920 x 1080i 45" Aquos LCD

The thing is ... Its night and day to any panel... Im refering to the 37" model by Sharp in JB Hifi Belconnen, im sure its connected to a Pioneer HDSTB via Component.

NIGHT and DAY next to ALL the panels, LCD and Plasma. I cant beleive the difference to my eyes, this panel is the one for me thats for sure. Plasma sucks im sorry, it really does. To my eyes of course.

And its so smooth, but not blurring at all, and if it is its acceptable.

I want one so bad, its just a gorgeous panel. Its really high up aswell, its no where near eye level, or have I even touched the colour settings.

It does BLACK really well, Plasma's suck at black aswell asways gray.

And its fantastic black aswell. Viewing angle is unbeatable aswell

I think its stickered $4299?

When I save enough money, and it does HDMI 1080i/p50 then its a done deal I dont care Its comming to a house near Captain

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a set of reviews from the same reviewer regarding both the 37" (link) and the 45" (link) aquos (US) screens.

Note, the 37" is a 1366 x 768 screen

J.

Captain - were the plasmas set up properly?, I find that the clarity of the aquos is excellent, but the contrast of a good plasma is better. Also, motion blur on the 37" is considerably more evident (whilst visible on the 45", it is much less evident and I could live with it ), and both are worse than a plasma.

Motion blur is something I can put up with on the 45 as you really have to look for it.

The thing that put puts me off with this display is you dont have a direct input from the remote control. You have to scroll through the menu inputs.

Which is so late 80,s style. :blink:

The thing that put puts me off with this display is you dont have a direct input from the remote control. You have to scroll through the menu inputs.

Definately BOGUS... give us discrete inputs PLEASE!

Another update on the Sharp , I can now pick it up for $7800.

Has anyone seen a better price ?

Another question might be “anyone seen a better set for $7800” ?

Angelo, have a look at what Sharp are releasing in Japan

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/140553.html

And try not to be a naughty boy, remember what them cousins in the US and Italy told you about these sharp sets.

And try not to be a naughty boy, remember what them cousins in the US and Italy told you about these sharp sets.

You know everytime I get close to buying the Sharp someone throws a spanner into it.

Okay is it just me that REALLY likes this panel out there ? :blink:

You know everytime I get close to buying the Sharp someone throws a spanner into it.

Okay is it just me that REALLY likes this panel out there ? :blink:

No, it isn't. When I was looking, the Sharp panel was very expensive in comparison to the 50" plasmas. At $7,800, I reckon I would've looked a lot closer at it!