What's wrong with these people?

'These people' being the ones who make the cartridge - headshell wires:mad:

Noticed the original headshell for my Hitachi had some play in it, so I tried the headshell of the old Pioneer and it fit snugly with no play in it at all. Soooooo! Swap the cartridge over to the pioneer HS and yep! broke 2 of the wires. Why can't they make the bloody things stronger. AAArrrrgggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!:):mad::mad::mad::nana:mad::D:mad::mad:

I'll be off to try and buy some tomorrow.

They are a real fiddle sometimes. Even more so when you have an expensive MC, which you can't replace the needle on, hanging off the wires. I always attach the wires before screwing in the cart to the headshell but it's still a fiddle.

Patience Grasshopper and you will prevail!

DS

Grumpy, I've got one wire already made up here in Adelaide and I'm sure I've got more back home in Melbourne [the boss is coming over on Friday so I can ask her to bring them?] or I can solder the broken ones for you if you like.:)

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks Andy, but i'll go with new ones (wires) this time; they should be stronger I hope. A new black Hitachi headshell would be nice - What can i swap for it. Already owe you for the lid and cork mat (BTW do you want that back?):)

Grumpy, I just called the missus and she has the other two wires so I asked her to bring them with her on Friday. I bought them from Audiophile ages ago and only used one of the wires then...........so I have three spare and I have no use for them now, so you may as well have them. These are very robust and well made and I'm sure won't come apart easily.:)

Cheers,

Keith

Sorry cheeky I missed that post. I'll try and buy some tomorrow and if I'm not successful I'll try soldering my old ones again. I think they might have become weak over time though.

As per the post above mate, you can have mine and they are well made [so don't go buying any!!]. I can get one to you tomorrow if you like and the others on Friday morning. I've soldered these things plenty of times in the past so if you're not confident with them I'm happy to do it for you over the weekend too.

Cheers,

Keith