Sign in to follow this  
billybob_chider

Tropo- Friend or Foe?

I had some interesting reception today in southern Sydney. 107.7 which usually booms in 2GO was getting some co-channel interference. At one point it switched over to the other station which had an American English learnng programme on. Does anyone have any idea what station this might have been? I also received an ethnic station on 102.4.

Edited by Winston

I had some interesting reception today in southern Sydney. 107.7 which usually booms in 2GO was getting some co-channel interference. At one point it switched over to the other station which had an American English learnng programme on. Does anyone have any idea what station this might have been? I also received an ethnic station on 102.4.

All I Could Think It Could Be Would Be E-Skip With An FM Relay Of The Voice Of America In The Pacific Somewere :unsure:

If So It's A Great Catch :D

All I Could Think It Could Be Would Be E-Skip With An FM Relay Of The Voice Of America In The Pacific Somewere :unsure:

If So It's A Great Catch :D

Today I got 100.1 JJJ ( I think Bega anywhere else? ). That is over HHH FM Hornsby around Frenchs Forest / Terry Hills.

Today I got 100.1 JJJ ( I think Bega anywhere else? ). That is over HHH FM Hornsby around Frenchs Forest / Terry Hills.

Just an update. JJJ 100.1 beams in. Causing a lot of issues for HHH around Carlingford West pennant hills area.

I came home (in Port Macquarie) to a 'new channels found' message on my tv and did a rescan expecting new channel/s from middle brother as that's where my antenna points, but low and behold, I picked channels from Coffs Harbour and I don't even have an antenna pointing north, my antennas face south-west to middle brother.

Must be some tropospheric ducting going on I guess, but I thought this only happened in summer?

Guest Malich

It's not that far. Reflection / refraction most likely, due to the rain & cloud of the weekend being right between & over the two.

In similar circumstances e.g. the rare times we get rain coming up from the south, it's not unusual for me to see shape of the Gold Coast channels pop up on my SDR - despite those transmitters pointing away from me...