Harmony Remote Control Owners & Discussion Thread

Just let you know that Harmony 525s are available from Wireless1 @ Parramatta Westfield for $58.

I picked up a 785 for $129

Everywhere here in South Australia has the 525's for around $97.

Wonder who's going to do a deal on them soon?

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread.

I just bought a Denon ipod dock for my daughter to put on here Denon 3805.

I pluged the inputs in the Denon CD inputs.

(I don't believe there is an iPod input?).

Seems to work fine but I'd like to programme the 880 to handle it.

I had a quick look at loading in the dock into the Harmony 880 and it accepted it fine but then it starts talking about 'learning' from the ipod dock remote to input all the ipod commands. Problem is that there is no remote for the ipod dock?

Anyone got any ideas on how I should proceed? Do I just point the 880 at the base of the dock and try that (or is that ridiculous)?

Also

Can I programme Foxtel into this remote as well?

Resurrecting an old thread.

I just bought a Denon ipod dock for my daughter to put on here Denon 3805.

I pluged the inputs in the Denon CD inputs.

(I don't believe there is an iPod input?).

Seems to work fine but I'd like to programme the 880 to handle it.

I had a quick look at loading in the dock into the Harmony 880 and it accepted it fine but then it starts talking about 'learning' from the ipod dock remote to input all the ipod commands. Problem is that there is no remote for the ipod dock?

Anyone got any ideas on how I should proceed? Do I just point the 880 at the base of the dock and try that (or is that ridiculous)?

Also

Can I programme Foxtel into this remote as well?

Lyle, foxtel is easy just get the number and make of your stb, you can add that as a device then setup a new activity ie foxtel. The denon ipod dock set it up as a device then add new activity, choosing manual and utility with no remote . That way you can add only what you need. I'm only going from memory as I'm not home to check this, but I had heaps of drama with atv, although working good now.

Lyle, foxtel is easy just get the number and make of your stb, you can add that as a device then setup a new activity ie foxtel. The denon ipod dock set it up as a device then add new activity, choosing manual and utility with no remote . That way you can add only what you need. I'm only going from memory as I'm not home to check this, but I had heaps of drama with atv, although working good now.
OK what is in bold seems to be the key.

I have programmed is as best I can and will see how it works tonight.

Then I'll take it home again and see if I can add the Foxtel stuff.

Thanks

OK what is in bold seems to be the key.

I have programmed is as best I can and will see how it works tonight.

Then I'll take it home again and see if I can add the Foxtel stuff.

Thanks

trial and error, once you have them in the activity you can go customise buttons and or add additional buttons

The Denon iPod dock that I bought has a dedicated serial connection that goes into my 2809 so that the normal Denon remote can control the Dock. I am not sure that there is anything you can do with the Harmony to control the Dock unless you have that connection to the Receiver (unless you have a swanky new style dock with its own IR sensor).

The Denon iPod dock that I bought has a dedicated serial connection that goes into my 2809 so that the normal Denon remote can control the Dock. I am not sure that there is anything you can do with the Harmony to control the Dock unless you have that connection to the Receiver (unless you have a swanky new style dock with its own IR sensor).

Remember it's a 3805!

What is the model number of the Denon iPod dock?

Is putting IQ2 enough or do you need more than that?

Remember it's a 3805!

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My 2809 has the iPod connector and the 3805 does not (I actually have my old 3805 boxed up and unloved now :(). So hopefully the dock he bought has another control method, or else he is stuck having to manually control the iPod.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My 2809 has the iPod connector and the 3805 does not (I actually have my old 3805 boxed up and unloved now :( ). So hopefully the dock he bought has another control method, or else he is stuck having to manually control the iPod.

LOL

That was my point.

I read on the Logitech site that one can doing the learning remote thing by pointing it at the base of the dock.

Yet to be tried.

The IQ2 is a Pace product - try Pace PVR model TDS850NF or TDS851NF.

I had a look last night and all I could see written on the front was IQ2.

Daughter was running to get out the door so I could not ask for a manual or the box or have time to pull it out of the cabinet and see if it was written on the back.

Thanks for the tip though.

I had a look last night and all I could see written on the front was IQ2.

Daughter was running to get out the door so I could not ask for a manual or the box or have time to pull it out of the cabinet and see if it was written on the back.

Thanks for the tip though.

I didn't notice Pace written anywhere on mine, just asked the installer to confirm it was a Pace like Foxtel's other STBs - easy enough to find it on their site.

• 10 years later...
  • Administrator

I found a heap of old Harmony remote threads, merged them, and pinned it as a Users Thread. 
I'm sure it will come in handy for all the Harmony fans out there (myself included).

• 1 month later...

That would be rubbish. No one has properly stepped into the void to replace their products with like for like. The only one close got sold to Control4 so you now need to bite off that price model to play.

The Logitech Ultimate is an awesome learning remote and the hub functionality really approaches what a real home automation solution can offer. I might need to just buy one and put it in the cupboard in case the dog eats it.

20 minutes ago, Marc said:

The concern with the higher end Harmony remotes is they are all cloud based. It's a worry that those services might not continue.

yeah that's a real likely problem. I got the Control4 Neeo quoted up to do what my Logitech Ultimate does a while back and there wasn't much spare change out of $3k. Not much of a feasible upgrade path like that.

Bugger bugger bugger ... only last weekend I decided a Logitech Harmony Elite remote was my best chance to make our TV/stereo system more family friendly. Then as I scanned retailers online I found there was no stock to be found (excluding those websites we all know that say they have stock when they almost certainly don't). 

Seems the most user friendly options keep being superseded by ones that are more advanced "technically" but less fun to use. Some discontinuations, which breathed new life into older components, are a downright cynical money grab (I'm looking at you Google, bring back the Chromecast Audio!). Not happy Jan. ☹️