Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Digital Centre in Melbourne

Just returned to this thread. Boy, do some people take an observation as a criticism. Seems as though "Digital Home Entertainment" prefer to litigate rather than sell. Their choice I suppose. A strange business model indeed. All I did was assume the physical business might be similar to what is advertised on the web.

Now that threats have been issued I would find it hard to purchase from a vendor that behaves like that. (Oh no! I think I may have voiced and opinion:)). There's plenty other shops willing to take my dough. Now moving on.

In particular reference to the retailers comments regarding obtaining your IP addresses from DBA and sending you a legal notice… I believe DBA is legally obligated under the Privacy Act to keep your personal details private and confidential and as such is not permitted to provide your details to this retailer, or his legal counsel, without a court order.  As such, without going to a great deal of effort and expense to hunt you down for as yet undisclosed “offences”….. I suggest this comment represents nothing short of a bluff!

The forum admin is not legally obligated to do anything until this matter appears before a court. At which time I'd expect DC's lawyer to request the information posted on here as evidence.

It would then be up to the administrators of this forum to either fight for their members in the libel suit (if DC seem damages against the forum admin), or put their members head on the chopping block and let then defend themselves, at which time it would become a civil issue.

Either way it'll come back to the original poster who will end up paying the $$ for damages.

But in all seriousness though; rather than threatening legal action I always find it's best to resolve the issue. Even if I'm in the wrong. You look much more professional admiting you are wrong.

You do nothing for your credibility by threatening to sue you, especially if you are clearly in the wrong.

Paul.

So can anyone confirm that this model SP46L3H is actually sold out in Australia? And also that this model is discontinued?

Have heard a rumour about a new model being released. Have a friend interested in the 46 inch model but the rumours are that the new model is the 50 inch one and probably worth more money!

Would appreciate some feed back please.

:blink:

Post deleted (error)

What's finical gain? :rolleyes: as they way I see it consumers are purchasing the products from the retailer.

Defamation Reference - > http://www.uow.edu.au/arts/sts/bmartin/dis...defamation.html

The basic idea of defamation law is simple. It is an attempt to balance the private right to protect one's reputation with the public right to freedom of speech. Defamation law allows people to sue those who say or publish false and malicious comments.

There are two types of defamation.

* Oral defamation -- called slander -- for example comments or stories told at a meeting or party.

* Published defamation -- called libel -- for example a newspaper article or television broadcast. Pictures as well as words can be libellous.

Anything that injures a person's reputation can be defamatory. If a comment brings a person into contempt, disrepute or ridicule, it is likely to be defamatory.

* You tell your friends that the boss is unfair. That's slander of the boss.

* You write a letter to the newspaper saying a politician is corrupt. That's libel of the politician, even if it's not published.

* You say on television that a building was badly designed. That's libel due to the imputation that the architect is professionally incompetent, even if you didn't mention any names.

* You sell a book that contains defamatory material. That's spreading of a defamation.

The fact is, nearly everyone makes defamatory statements almost every day. Only very rarely does someone use the law of defamation against such statements.

Defences

When threatened with a defamation suit, most people focus on whether or not something is defamatory. But there is another, more useful way to look at it. The important question is whether you have a right to say it. If you do, you have a legal defence.

If someone sues you because you made a defamatory statement, you can defend your speech or writing on various grounds. There are three main types of defence:

* what you said was true;

* you had a duty to provide information;

* you were expressing an opinion.

For example:

* You can defend yourself on the grounds that what you said is true.

* If you have a duty to make a statement, you may be protected under the defence of "qualified privilege." For example, if you are a teacher and make a comment about a student to the student's parents -- for example, that the student has been naughty -- a defamation action can only succeed if they can prove you were malicious. You are not protected if you comment about the student in the media.

* If you are expressing an opinion, for example on a film or restaurant, then you may be protected by the defence of "comment" or "fair comment," if the facts in your statement were reasonably accurate.

* There is an extra defence if you are a parliamentarian and speak under parliamentary privilege, in which case your speech is protected by "absolute privilege," which is a complete defence in law. The same defence applies to anything you say in court.

The same basic defences apply throughout Australia, although the things you have to prove to apply them may differ. For example, in some Australian states, truth alone is an adequate defence. In other states, a statement has to be true and in the public interest -- if what you said was true but not considered by the court to be in the public interest, you can be successfully sued for defamation.

I have read Robert's post. Thanks for bumping this thread. I will make sure I only post positive comments if I have any.

The Internet is a valuable marketing tool whereby people are able express there opinions and experiences out loud which can either recommend or defer potential clients to an online store.

Word of mouth / Reputation - especially on the internet will always outway any marketing , advertisments or web presence as the general population seems "go online" to check out a retailer before proceeding with a purchase.

My recent experience with the retailer has not been satisfactory to the standards that are expected in today economic climate.

Aka purchased goods online, 2 months later several excuses & phone calls and emails later complete refund given and glad that I no longer have to deal with the retailer again. Next day I purchased the goods from another retailer who was happy to price match and offer any services to ensure satisfaction . As a result purchased additional goods and highly recommended them to all my associates.

Everyone has an experience and is allowed to share them whether it be good to bad , in my case research before you purchase online and ask as many questions before purchasing .

Experience is priceless and cannot be forgotten.

www.digitalcentre.com.au/

If you planning to buy a TV from www.digitalcentre.com.au/ avoid it. I went online in Mar 2010 and the site stated it had the TV in stock. I paid for the TV in full and for delivery. 3 Weeks went by and i heard jack from them. Called they said they're busy and would call back...which they didnt (and nevr do). After numerous emails and calls i still without a TV and its F*****ing June 2010...these people have no idea about customer service and take your money without providing goods. They make statements like...it will be here next week...or call you when it arrives...its not our fault.....everyone else is waiting for theirs.....our hand are tied.... It is not worth the dollars dealing with these monkeys. BUYER BEWARE!

www.digitalcentre.com.au/

If you planning to buy a TV from www.digitalcentre.com.au/ avoid it. I went online in Mar 2010 and the site stated it had the TV in stock. I paid for the TV in full and for delivery. 3 Weeks went by and i heard jack from them. Called they said they're busy and would call back...which they didnt (and nevr do). After numerous emails and calls i still without a TV and its F*****ing June 2010...these people have no idea about customer service and take your money without providing goods. They make statements like...it will be here next week...or call you when it arrives...its not our fault.....everyone else is waiting for theirs.....our hand are tied.... It is not worth the dollars dealing with these monkeys. BUYER BEWARE!

Alas, same story for me. I paid in full for a 58" Samsung TV, which their web site showed as in stock. A week later I had heard nothing. Emailed them, nothing. Emailed them again, nothing. Emailed them again, threatening to contact consumer affairs. Instant phone call back.

Rob explained the TVs were out of stock, Samsung couldn't keep up with demand, etc, it said clearly on the website this was a back order item (it did not, I have screen shots to prove it), more stock would be arriving on July 1st, he would contact me then with a firm delivery date.

1st of July went by. I emailed him on July 5th. No response. Emailed again July 6th. Got a reply saying Samsung had not delivered stock, new stock would be arriving on July 21st.

This would be over a month after my order, and too late to apply for Samsung's 3D TV promotion.

Waiting for these guys means I have lost the opportunity to buy from another retailer, and missed out on the Samsung promo.

Asked for my money back. My case would be sent to their accounts dept, need to meet certain conditions !!?

I have rarely dealt with any group with so little commitment to honesty in dealing with its customers.

My advice: Shop elsewhere, pay a little extra, and be confident you are dealing with someone who keeps his promises, and delivers goods as purchased.

Edited by Augustusoz

Alas, same story for me. I paid in full for a 58" Samsung TV, which their web site showed as in stock. A week later I had heard nothing. Emailed them, nothing. Emailed them again, nothing. Emailed them again, threatening to contact consumer affairs. Instant phone call back.

Rob explained the TVs were out of stock, Samsung couldn't keep up with demand, etc, it said clearly on the website this was a back order item (it did not, I have screen shots to prove it), more stock would be arriving on July 1st, he would contact me then with a firm delivery date.

1st of July went by. I emailed him on July 5th. No response. Emailed again July 6th. Got a reply saying Samsung had not delivered stock, new stock would be arriving on July 21st.

This would be over a month after my order, and too late to apply for Samsung's 3D TV promotion.

Waiting for these guys means I have lost the opportunity to buy from another retailer, and missed out on the Samsung promo.

Asked for my money back. My case would be sent to their accounts dept, need to meet certain conditions !!?

I have rarely dealt with any group with so little commitment to honesty in dealing with its customers.

My advice: Shop elsewhere, pay a little extra, and be confident you are dealing with someone who keeps his promises, and delivers goods as purchased.

Hey sounds like the same type of story I had with them trying to buy Paradigm speakers. They gave me my deposit back but only after months of heartache and funny stories.

I would not touch them with a barge pole.

im waiting on the 50inch plasma, been waiting since first week of june and ive got the same story, its verging on a jk atm

im waiting on the 50inch plasma, been waiting since first week of june and ive got the same story, its verging on a jk atm

ditto for me have been waiting for my 50inch plasma since start of june

keep getting the same answers, they were meant to be getting shipment in before end of june

I have been calling and emailing them every week, with same response every time of someone will call me in next few days re delivery.

So for the few hundred saved I could be enjoying my TV if purchased elsewhere :angry:

You do not need to receive your TV in order to claim the FREE bonus. As long as you claim within 14 days from the date of the invoice you can still register this week and advise Samsung of the S/N when you get it. Read the Terms and Conditions on the Samsung promo page carefully.

If you get your money back you cannot order it from another retailer and claim the bonus. Instead, ask them to resend you an invoice dated June 30th, showing paid in full and register this weekend. I have done the same thing and my claim has been approved.

Cheers

DITTO. I got the 58c7000 but not in stock yet. I just rang up and spoke with Julie, she is nice however cant get any answers. I purchased the TV (in full) 3 weeks ago, and I keep hearing the same old story, next week etc etc. BUT, you shouldnt miss out on the Samsung 3D Offer. Provided you paid in full by 30 June 2010, you are eligable to claim it. Believe me as I have just done it. If you need anything I have emails from Samsung regarding Digital Centre and the offer. There customer service has been OK, they have been friendly, however, this delay is getting beyond a joke now. I dont know if its something to do with then being part of a large buying group and having to divide each delivery etc. Alls I know is that there are people waiting who purchased in MAY!!! So you and me both have a long wait on our hands.

Cheers

You do not need to receive your TV in order to claim the FREE bonus. As long as you claim within 14 days from the date of the invoice you can still register this week and advise Samsung of the S/N when you get it. Read the Terms and Conditions on the Samsung promo page carefully.

If you get your money back you cannot order it from another retailer and claim the bonus. Instead, ask them to resend you an invoice dated June 30th, showing paid in full and register this weekend. I have done the same thing and my claim has been approved.

Cheers

Thanks. I know I don't need the TV to claim the promo. I do need the serial.

The Samsung terms and conditions say that consumers can put the serial in after Juy 14th, and that such applications 'will be considered.' But whatever, the application with serial and receipt must be completed and received by Samsung before 5pm July 29th.

I told Digital Centre I wasn't too bothered by the delay (although it was annoying) and that as long as they could guarantee to get me the serial number and tax invoice in time to complete the promo requirements I would be happy to continue the sale. I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply.

The negative press DC has is why I cancelled my order of a Panny 50" V20A with them. I wasn't going to take the chance, and I'm glad I didn't. :D

Thanks. I know I don't need the TV to claim the promo. I do need the serial.

The Samsung terms and conditions say that consumers can put the serial in after Juy 14th, and that such applications 'will be considered.' But whatever, the application with serial and receipt must be completed and received by Samsung before 5pm July 29th.

I told Digital Centre I wasn't too bothered by the delay (although it was annoying) and that as long as they could guarantee to get me the serial number and tax invoice in time to complete the promo requirements I would be happy to continue the sale. I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply.

Over on Whirlpool, somebody posted an email from Samsung saying that the 14th/29th cut off dates do not apply to those still waiting for the TV, in Samsung's exact words "You will be eligible for this promotion no matter how long it takes for you to receive your TV.". Here's the post with the Samsung reply posted:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...&p=80#r1591

If you still unsure, try and get Samsung to send you this email - they send out these standard emails to anyone who wants one, if you can reach them on the phone that is. Try both of the phone numbers, ask then what happens when the 29th cut off date passes and you still don't have the TV, and when they say it's all fine, ask them to send you an email confirming this (they'll probably as for your claim number now so they can get access to your email address). It's always good to have something in writing.

To all waiting

The waiting and frustrations are really not worthy the $100 or so saving.

Cancel the order for a full refund and get the product somwhere else.

Digital Centre FAQs says that you are entitled to a full refund if product is out of stock.

Keep in mind that your warranty starts on a purchase date, so many of us have already lost 2 or 3 months of warranty.

I'm sure that any big retailer can give you the same price and extended warranty as DC, show them your receipt from DC

and ask to match it.

I wouldn't be worried about missing out on Samsung promotion if you cancel the order now

because Samsung will start another one as soon as current one expires.

They just can't afford to sell without promotions. It boosts sales and they can keep up with competition

like Sony, Panasonic.

So I'm sure they will start a new promo with same or updated products

I'm canceling my order on Monday, have had enough of false promises. I could be enjoying my purchase for the past 2 months.

DC doesn't deserve to do business with them

Edited by polack

went in this week, there were really good and answered all my questions with no problems,

so the facts, there are to up mid may of orders(on the samsung ps50c7000), i ordered mine first week of june and there are 19 orders ahead of me

there should be some more coming in next week. not sure on the number atm

so if you ordered in the last month expect to wait a while, shipments come in every 2 weeks or so.

samsung supposedly are getting a shipment this week, which they will distribute among all the stores, this will take a couple of weeks

i hope this helps, i think patience and calm is the key now, world cups over so the only thing im waiting on is the bonus offer

This all sounds pretty farqued to be honest...

I won't ever order from them after reading this thread. ^_^

Now where's that dude to trace my IP and sue me! :blink:

JSmith :ninja: