Sign in to follow this  
Learner

Digital Centre in Melbourne

Hey guys, ordered a Rear Projection DLP Samsung SP46L3H 2 weeks ago from the Digital Centre in Melbourne. Frustrated that it is taking so long to get to me. Every time i ring up they tell me it should be here in a couple of days, I know this is just crap. wish they would tell me when it is likely to arrive.

They claim that it is coming direct from Samsung and that they(samsung) have been relocating or something in Melbourne,. hence the delay..

Anyone else know about the digital centre, are they reliable or am i being conned!!

Annoyed!

Learner

http://www.digitalcentre.com.au

Get yourself the order number and ring Samsung direct. That's what I'd do.

... I have little patience when it comes to poor customer service.

Get yourself the order number and ring Samsung direct.  That's what I'd do.

... I have little patience when it comes to poor customer service.

Do you have a phone number for Samsung in Melbourne

/

White Pages won't find the Samsung Office.

Anyway found there number 95500900 for Melbourne.

Anyway seems like I won't be getting my TV after all this, despite Samsung saying that my order was being processed turns out they then discover they are out of stock. So Digital Centre has had my money for 2 weeks,, and they told me every day that the TV would be arriving in the next couple of days....

NOT HAPPY JAN!

So Samsung SP46L3H is a discontinued model.... new model coming out in next couple of weeks..

How can I have any faith in dealing with these people ever again...

I still don't have a DLP Rear Projection TV and not likely to get one cos the new models are about a grand more.

Not shopping at Digital centre again, and wont trust Samsung either.

Learner

Push them to give you the new one at the same price since they accepted your money.

I had the same unit on order from Digital Centre about 3 weeks ago. The story was that Samsung were out of stock but expecting more in by the end of the week.

Saw a 50" model at Good Guys and got the price to $3,350 (about $800 more than the 46" at DC) and then told the salesman that I had the 46" on order at DC. He told me that I wouldn't get one as Samsung weren't getting any more stock in.

I rang DC and asked to cancel the order - "no worries, it will have to be refunded to your credit card over 3 days because we can only refund a maximum of $1,000 per day". It took a week and 3 reminders to get all of the money refunded, although they were never difficult about me wanting to cancel the order or chasing up the money.

Now I'm glad I bought the 50", I would have been disappointed with the smaller screen.

When I saw this thread I went to Digital Centre's web site and was impressed. Then I got excited when I saw they are located 15 minutes from home.

Paid them a visit on Saturday. What an underwhelming experience.

Looks impressive on their web site but the reality is that 75% of the floorspace

is devoted to a video library with the rest shared by their HT and PC products.

Most disappointing visit to an AV retailer I've ever had.

Couldn't see 90% of the brands they claim to stock.

When I saw this thread I went to Digital Centre's web site and was impressed. Then I got excited when I saw they are located 15 minutes from home.

Looks impressive on their web site but the reality is that 75% of the floorspace

I have purchased from this store and found their service to fantastic and great range of AV goods. I think that your comment's are totally full Sh..T. This store is one of the only stores I now of that cares about customers after the have bought something and I would recommend anyone to purchase from them..

I have purchased from this store and found their service to fantastic and great range of AV goods. I think that your comment's are totally full Sh..T. This store is one of the only stores I now of that cares about customers after the have bought something and I would recommend anyone to purchase from them..

Hi everyone, I had been reading this forum for the past year or so but this is the 1st time that Im making a post. Well theres a thing or two I can say about Digital Centre in St Albans. I had bought couple of things from them such as Pentium 3 PC back in 99, got my uncle to buy 66 CRT and VCR from them, a year later got my mate to buy his PC as well. But he regreted buying it from them soon after due to poor salesmanship. When he picked up his PC he was told the printer will arive in a day or two... well it took them close to 4 months after his many complaints but thats not all. Back in 2002 I decided to buy a new PC from them since Robert gave a "good deal" as a good customer. On the day when I came to pick it up it was in box but monitor wasnt there and he said in a day or two itll be here. Handshake and all once I got home the PC parts wherent the once that where supose to be eg. instead of having Sony DVD/CD-RW drives they gave me Benq drives, 1 memory stick was missing.. I had returned it stright away and after a day they got the parts that where supose to be there in the 1st place. But the monitor was never in sight. After 3 weeks he told me they cant get me the one that i wanted so he gave me an option to chose some (chep) from the shop or to order somethin else. To cut the story short every monitor that I tryed to order after a week or 2 i been gettin told they cant get that 1 too! After good 8-9 week witout a monitor, 4k PC was just colecting the dust, I got really pissed off. When I told Robert that I wanted my money back he told me, in front of the other customers to "F**k Off!" but few minutes later I had walked out with a check and to never step my foot inside that shop again. I help them made over 10k profit during the years and thats how they show their gratitude...Hows that for customer support!

Looking at mctoolhead comments i cant see where he is full of **** to be honest i was out there last week and they really have buggar all compared to the website.

I would say they keep 40% instore of what is on the website

Just a note about the lies that have been placed in this forum regarding Myself. (Robert )

To the above Members regarding your public Comments, I have been informed of your outrageous plot to Defame My Store from these ridiculous claims and FALSE

Statements. These defamatory remarks and lies are totally unfounded and is an attempt to defame my store. I have sought Legal Advice on your public statements that you have posted and you will be receiving Legal Notice from us.

I will obtain your IP Address from DBA as evidence in this legal matter to stop plots like these that really have no substance and seek to destroy ones reputation.

I will do what ever it takes legally to stop people like you from placing rubbish posting and believe that they are above the law.

I have and always will provide to my customers the best customer service that one can

to my customers which are into the many thousands. Unfortunately it’s people like you guys who try and prey on the weak to have finical gain. This time you have gone too far, I will seek and sue for damages from the untrue statements that have been posted here.

Your electronic footprint has done you in.

Stop lying and stop twisting the truth .

Yours Truly

Robert

From Digital Home Entertainment

Just a note about the lies that have been placed in this forum regarding Myself. (Robert )

To the above Members regarding your public Comments, I have been informed of your outrageous plot to Defame My Store from these ridiculous claims and FALSE

Statements. These defamatory remarks and lies are totally unfounded and is an attempt to defame my store. I have sought Legal Advice on your public statements that you have posted and you will be receiving Legal Notice from us.

I will obtain your  IP Address from DBA as evidence in this legal matter to stop plots like these that really have no substance and seek to destroy ones reputation.

I will do what ever it takes legally to stop people like you from placing rubbish posting and believe that they are above the law.

I have and always will provide to my customers the best customer service that one can

to my customers which are into the many thousands. Unfortunately it’s people like you guys who try and prey on the weak to have finical gain. This time you have gone too far, I will seek and sue for damages from the untrue statements that have been posted here.

Yours Truly

Robert

Relax Robert

Which post in particular are you refering to?

I've got to say that I wasn't paying much attention to what was being said here, but a retailer threatening potential/ex customers rather than trying to solve the issues and reassure potential customers - now that REALLY puts me off!

Some people, it appears, have a very different opinion on what customer service means to me....

Cheers

Zed

I've got to say that I wasn't paying much attention to what was being said here, but a retailer threatening potential/ex customers rather than trying to solve the issues and reassure potential customers - now that REALLY puts me off!

Some people, it appears, have a very different opinion on what customer service means to me....

Cheers

Zed

Yes, I agree. His somewhat emotional outburst certainly does not indicate the level of professionalism I expect in the firms I deal with.

Cheers

Zed

Yes, I agree. His somewhat emotional outburst certainly does not indicate the level of professionalism I expect in the firms I deal with.

I also agree. It dissapoints me when people take that kind of attitude about remarks on public forums. I have heard of other forums that have been closed due to people taking legal action over comments they disagree with. It will be a sad day when people are prohibited from talking about their experiences in open forums like this due to these kind of threats.

I think businesses should be a bit more open minded about public discussion. There are plenty of businesses that have gained a great advantage from the public comments on these forums. These businesses tend to provide a good level of service, and take criticism on board. You will always get a few disgruntled customers, but if you are doing things right you shouldn't have anything to fear from public comment. If you are providing a good service, responses from those that are happy will eventually overwhelm the negative comments.

After this little outburst it makes me wonder if there is something in what has been said

I will obtain your  IP Address from DBA as evidence in this legal matter to stop plots like these that really have no substance and seek to destroy ones reputation.

Yours Truly

Robert

We've been here before in another thread where a retailer threatened legal action for what he claimed were "defamatory" remarks. This is a serious issue and should not be treated lightly.... but a few things need to be clarified here I think.

Fortunately for us, this is a free forum, in a free country and we are free to express our views and opinions about our experiences with anything at all..... that includes good or bad experiences with a retailer.

Unfortunately, as glenncol pointed out, the above post makes no reference to a particular post which offended the retailer. So the issue is so far unclear. Additionally, the intention of the retailers post 'seems' to be purely to threaten and intimidate members of this forum in a bid to control any further damage that may be done by continued discussion of members experiences with his store/business.

In particular reference to the retailers comments regarding obtaining your IP addresses from DBA and sending you a legal notice… I believe DBA is legally obligated under the Privacy Act to keep your personal details private and confidential and as such is not permitted to provide your details to this retailer, or his legal counsel, without a court order. As such, without going to a great deal of effort and expense to hunt you down for as yet undisclosed “offences”….. I suggest this comment represents nothing short of a bluff!

So don’t be threatened into being afraid to express your opinion…. But rather just be very careful to ensure you’re comments are in no way defamatory, and be sure to make clear reference to your experience which substantiates your view.

Cheers,

Deucer.

Yours Truly

Robert

We've been here before in another thread where a retailer threatened legal action for what he claimed were "defamatory" remarks. This is a serious issue and should not be treated lightly.... but a few things need to be clarified here I think.

Fortunately for us, this is a free forum, in a free country and we are free to express our views and opinions about our experiences with anything at all..... that includes good or bad experiences with a retailer.

Unfortunately, as glenncol pointed out, the above post makes no reference to a particular post which offended the retailer. So the issue is so far unclear. Additionally, the intention of the retailers post 'seems' to be purely to threaten and intimidate members of this forum in a bid to control any further damage that may be done by continued discussion of members experiences with his store/business.

In particular reference to the retailers comments regarding obtaining your IP addresses from DBA and sending you a legal notice… I believe DBA is legally obligated under the Privacy Act to keep your personal details private and confidential and as such is not permitted to provide your details to this retailer, or his legal counsel, without a court order. As such, without going to a great deal of effort and expense to hunt you down for as yet undisclosed “offences”….. I suggest this comment represents nothing short of a bluff!

So don’t be threatened into being afraid to express your opinion…. But rather just be very careful to ensure you’re comments are in no way defamatory, and be sure to make clear reference to your experience that substantiates your view.

Cheers,

Deucer.

Well said

Yours Truly

Robert

Dude i think you just shot yourself in the foot dont you?

Hhmmm...... I wonder if the boss at sales@digitalcentre.com.au knows about the exploits on this forum undertaken in their company name???? :blink:

Any self respecting boss/business owner would have concerns about the 'alledged' incidents involving this sales person on his shop floor, and the subsequent forum exploits that certainly have done nothing to improve their business reputation!

Cheers,

Deucer.

Hhmmm...... I wonder if the boss at sales@digitalcentre.com.au knows about the exploits on this forum undertaken in their company name???? :blink:

Any self respecting boss/business owner would have concerns about the 'alledged' incidents involving this sales person on his shop floor, and the subsequent forum exploits that certainly have done nothing to improve their business reputation!

Cheers,

Deucer.

The worst part is this guy is the manager of the store