Samsung PS42P4H - Just Purchased

Guys,

Thought I'd give some feedback after having used the Sammy PS42P4H almost constantly for 4 days.

It's been used for HD & SD TV via DVI, optical audio to HT and RCA to panel (with LG LST4100P STB), DVD (Pioneer DV373) via component, digital coax audio to HT and RCA to panel, PS2 via cheap composite to panel, camcorder via SVHS and RCA to panel. The HT (Home Theatre) is a Panasonic SC-HT07.

What can I say! This is a great system combination for my needs!

Picture and sound quality is absolutely great! The array of input connections on the back and side of the panel is SO CONVENIENT and the unit is VERY PLEASING on the eye!

The only negative I've noticed is some solarisation, but I find it tends to be dependent on the input source. Only ever noticed it while watching SD TV. Haven't noticed it with 1080i HD TV or DVD.

I also haven't experienced problems with the SVHS audio sync problems reported in this thread. I did however notice that when I had audio playing from both the HT and via the panel speakers (source being either DVD or STB), the panels speakers lagged the HT audio by a fraction. I replaced the cheap (supplied in box) speaker cable to the panels JBL speakers and the problem dissapeared.

I'd suggest the audio sync problems some guys have experienced are related to the quality of the cables they're using. In my case, the panel works perfectly with all audio interconnects when using quality cables.

I definitely wouldn't use the component or composite cables that come in the various boxes you get. Buy some quality cables. I'm using Neotech with this setup and have no problems.

I also haven't experienced any lockup of the panel.

All in all, for my requirements, and based on the value derived from this panel for the price paid...... I'm very happy with my purchase.

From my perspective, the only negative is the solarisation, but it seems to be related to the input source and it diminishes the further away you are from the screen (I'm about 3.5m). On balance , I think the positives far outweigh the negatives! So I can live with it.

In the current state of the market, I'd recommend the Samsung PS42P4H to anyone who is looking for an all-round quality plasma and doesn't want to shell out any more than low $4,000's for a panel.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Deucer.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sands88
The sync thing was getting on my nerves so have runn all the inputs directly to the Plasma and then the monitor back to the amp. Ditched all the digital audio leads - they were less fidley but the quality difference is as much a matter of taste as anything. Good RCA plugs give a warmer sound that is fine.

So sync problems are gone.

btw it was the video lagging behind the sound.

I also had a lock up tonight where both the remote and the switches failed to work so had to power down and up again. I am writing this off to the fact that I have been switching modes etc. and it just got confused as everything with a cpu does.

Will post again if this continues.

Thanks all for your help.

Now I just need to chose a HD receiver (TEAC is looking good) and a better DVD player (Marantz DV4300 is looking good there) and that should be it for a while.

Any advice welcome.

After setting up the PS42P4H yesterday, I also had a lock up last night where both the remote and the switches failed to work, so as ajsteel did I had to power down and up again. Is this becoming a common problem? Has anyonyone else had this problem? :P

Hi,

I've recently brought this plasma when shopping for a new tv, this is the best looking plasma on the market in my opinion. Not long after it locked up where the remote and the front control panel would not respond at all, the only thing I could do was reset the tv by removing power.

I'm now on my third replacement plasma tv since having the first two replaced in under one month for locking up constantly. Is there a fix anyone has heard of ?

I'm now quite angry and would like to know if this is a common problem ?

Called Samsung on 1300362603. They are well aware of the problem with the PS42P4H. They advised to power off PDP at the powerpoint for 4+ hours then back on. They said they had technicians in the country from OS working on the problem and would call me back when a fix had been found. Bloody hell, I research for ages for the best PDP and then I choose a dud! :blink:

Dude sent it back for a full refund

Thanks for the info. I'm currently on the third replacement PS42P4H brand new got it on Monday night. Guess what!.....last night it locked up. One day old. Three replacements in one month. I made up my mind then now matter what I wasn't going to have it replaced again.

Just got off the phone from Megamart... they will told me to choose another model. Hope others don't have the same problem as me with this model. Or buy it after they have a fix for it. Other wise you will be buying a dud!!!!

Thanks for the info. I'm currently on the third replacement PS42P4H brand new got it on Monday night. Guess what!.....last night it locked up. One day old. Three replacements in one month. I made up my mind then now matter what I wasn't going to have it replaced again.

Just got off the phone from Megamart... they will told me to choose another model. Hope others don't have the same problem as me with this model. Or buy it after they have a fix for it. Other wise you will be buying a dud!!!!

So do I! I'll be on the look out for it.

Interesting though that so far you're the only on who's reported this fault on th forum. I wonder if there's something about your setup that's influencing this?

Cheers for the info.

Regards,

Deucer.

Interesting though that so far you're the only on who's reported this fault on th forum. I wonder if there's something about your setup that's influencing this?

Cheers for the info.

Regards,

Deucer.

Deucer, I think ajsteel and 1bigtv are also having the same lock up problem.

Sands, I think you would be better advised to get a refund than exchange for a new model. In any exchange exercise, it is my experience that the salesperson will tend not to let you haggle the price down much. Best to just get your money back saying that you now need to go back and do another research. Who knows, you may not find another plasma that you like. After you get your money back, then go back in a day or two and haggle with the same salesperson. That way, he knows you are a serious customer and you are not under any pressure to take whatever price is offered.

Cheers and good luck.

Guest sands88

Cheers for the info.

Regards,

Deucer.

Correction, I'm the third on this forum with this problem. ajsteel reported this first, then 1bigtv now myself (sands88). Don't get me wrong, I love this PDP, it's the best looking, the best value for money and its got the features. My first two weeks its all I could tell everyone about. The first time it locked up I couldn't tell the wife because she would have got upset because she picked the PS42P4H - because it was sexy! I like, ajsteel blamed the cpu locking up. It of course locked up again and she was there so I couldn't hide this fact. The second time was three days later, the every few days.

I complained and Megamart replaced it because it was so new. The new panel locked up without any connections other than antenna input when I finished the plug & play setup. So what configuration! This panel was only 5 minutes old.

I called samsung service as 1bigtv has done and like 1bigtv stated they told me to disconnect power for 12hrs and take batteries out of remote - in other words reset and drain power. This didn't work otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum. I only found this forum from google when searching the words "samsung ps42p4h locking up problems."

I got my third replacement PS42P4H on Monday night. The delivery guy was happy to see me - we are now friends. He claims he picks up approx three a week with same fault, but he will deny he ever stated this.

It locked up last night. Yes.... I'm upset, not at the situation, but the fact I liked this plasma and I would now have to choose another brand and model.

Lucky for me Megamart will replace this because I thrown out the box. Not so luck for 1bigtv who now has a dud PDP.

Cheers

sands88

Guest sands88

Cheers for the info.

Regards,

Deucer.

Deucer, I think ajsteel and 1bigtv are also having the same lock up problem.

Sands, I think you would be better advised to get a refund than exchange for a new model. In any exchange exercise, it is my experience that the salesperson will tend not to let you haggle the price down much. Best to just get your money back saying that you now need to go back and do another research. Who knows, you may not find another plasma that you like. After you get your money back, then go back in a day or two and haggle with the same salesperson. That way, he knows you are a serious customer and you are not under any pressure to take whatever price is offered.

Cheers and good luck.

Thanks fattchoi for the great advice! I will use this to my advantage.

Cheers.

Well although the first to lock up my unit has been ok but I must admit you have got me worried.

The snoing thing was that I did the browse around Hardly Normal today and was again happy with my choise. Then I logged in here and read this.

Well if it happens again I will be straight on the phone. This would be very dissapointing as I have no idea which other panel I would get. I really like this one so fingers crossed.

Have conquered the sound delay but everything goes via the Plasma.

The solorisation is rare and only on SD TV reception - game shows and news - with all that Botox and powder it is probably just how they look in any case. DNIe sorts this out most of the time. Never seen it on a DVD.

Pixilization is on extreme zooms - mostly football which hay have something with the broadcast itself.

Correction, I'm the third on this forum with this problem. ajsteel reported this first, then 1bigtv now myself (sands88).

My mistake. Got out of touch with all the discussions in this thread.

Don't get me wrong, I love this PDP, it's the best looking, the best value for money and its got the features. My first two weeks its all I could tell everyone about.

Completly understand. I'm in the same position. There's no other plasma panel I'd buy at the moment!

The new panel locked up without any connections other than antenna input when I finished the plug & play setup.

Are you using a STB (if so, HD or SD)? Or are you using the inbuilt analogue tuners in the panel?

I got my third replacement PS42P4H on Monday night. The delivery guy was happy to see me - we are now friends. He claims he picks up approx three a week with same fault, but he will deny he ever stated this.

Next time you're talking to Samsung, let them know this apparent "known fault" is out in the public forum now and anyone who searches Google by the model number will learn about it! Samsung needs to fix it if they want to continue selling the model!

As for me.... I'll be keeping my eye out for it..... I'm happy with this panel and don't want to bother with changing it! :blink:

Cheers,

Deucer.

Guest sands88
The new panel locked up without any connections other than antenna input when I finished the plug & play setup.
Are you using a STB (if so, HD or SD)?  Or are you using the inbuilt analogue tuners in the panel?

Hi Deucer,

I brought this PDP for the bedroom, so only the built in tuners are used with Denon dvd player and connected via component Monster cables and DVI to PC. I think the problem only accurs when watching TV with built in tuners, I could be wrong. Maybe you should try viewing TV without STB to see problem is there. I don't want to alarm anyone but finding a problem early is better than later as I have found.

I can't say for sure, but I don't think it locked up watching dvd's. I've even filmed the lock up problem incase the sales person didn't believe me.

Hi Deucer,

I brought this PDP for the bedroom, so only the built in tuners are used with Denon dvd player and connected via component Monster cables and DVI to PC. I think the problem only accurs when watching TV with built in tuners, I could be wrong.

sands88,

You read my mind. :blink: That's where I was going with the question.... wondering if the lockup problem was limited to use only with the inbuilt analogue tuners.

Maybe you should try viewing TV without STB to see problem is there.

No thanks.... I don't ever intend watching analogue TV with this panel. Only set up for digital. However, if it's a known problem and Samsung develops a firmware fix for it... I'll apply it anyway.

I've even filmed the lock up problem incase the sales person didn't believe me.

Nicely done! :P I'm impressed! Most people wouldn't go to that effort!

So what do you plan to do in terms of a replacement panel now?

Cheers,

Deucer.

Guest sands88
Hi Deucer,

I brought this PDP for the bedroom, so only the built in tuners are used with Denon dvd player and connected via component Monster cables and DVI to PC. I think the problem only accurs when watching TV with built in tuners, I could be wrong.

sands88,

You read my mind. :blink: That's where I was going with the question.... wondering if the lockup problem was limited to use only with the inbuilt analogue tuners.

No thanks.... I don't ever intend watching analogue TV with this panel. Only set up for digital. However, if it's a known problem and Samsung develops a firmware fix for it... I'll apply it anyway.

Cheers,

Deucer.

Don't know!!!! That's the part I'm angry with. Any suggestion?? Anybody??

I contacted Samsung today regarding my sound sync problems again and this time I think I got a guy who knew an answer. Whether or not it is the correct answer I am not sure. Samsung have had queries on sound sync problems before. My sound sync problems arise only from the listening via the Home Theatre or the radio headphones I have connected to the Audio out at the back of the PDP.

The tech I spoke to said the problems were to do with the difference in delay in a HD Digital Plasma screen (60msec) and the delay in an 'older analogue' Home theatre (100msec) etc. The advice he gave me was to turn the sound off to the PDP speakers. Menu - Audio - Internal Mute and switch it to "On". This would totally disconnect the speakers supplied with the PDP. Then run the sound from the Home Theatre. The 60 msecs and 100msecs don't sound correct to me as the Home Theatre is usually ahead of the sound from the PDP. This problem occurs with ALL sources, inbuilt analogue tuner, Pay TV, VCR, Home Theatre and HD STB and only via the Home Theatre Sound System or the radio headphones from the audio out jacks.. This seems to indicate the cables are not necessarily my problem as the analogue tuner is inbuilt and it is out of sync too when listened to via Home Theatre/Radio Headphones.

I have always found the 'out of sync' problem to be pretty minmal. I can really notice it when I have both sound systems running together, there is an echo effect and it seems the sound from the Home Theatre is very very slightly ahead of the sound from the PDP. This is the same explanation I got from the local Samsung Service Centre guy. My Home Theatre is a Panasonic and I reckon the model I have came out about 5 or 6 years ago. I currently have an email query over this problem into Panasonic as well.

I like the idea of getting the best cables too (which I have still to try) but the Samsung guy said today that was not the problem. As I said the problem is very slight (but annoying when you have paid over $4,000!) I will watch some DVD's over the next few days and see how it performs.

I am also in contact with the "installation" guru from the store I bought the PDP. He is prepared to come out and set it all up for $50. If he can't solve the audio sync problems I don't pay and I go to Samsung service again to have the problem rectified.

As with others on this forum, I found the PDP to be very good indeed, I just hope I don't lock up like others have reported. Thank heavens for the 2 yr Warranty!

Hi Deucer,

sands88,

Cheers,

Deucer.

sands88,

To clarify, I have had 3 lockups since last Saturday. I too like all the features of the PDP and do not want to go through the hassle of returning it. I am currently using DVI from the HD STB. Samsumg said they were not recalling the PDPs as all are not faulty. I asked if I could then have one that was not faulty and was told that they cannot determine which ones were faulty. Hopefully the engineers that are currently here from South Korea (I think) will get a firmware fix out to us asap! I am currently waiting for a call back from Samsung to let me know that a tech will be coming out and fixing the PDP. Hopefully withing the next few days. All I can suggest is everyone with the problem keep calling them on 1300362603 every couple of days to see if a fix has been found. :P

Keep up the pressure,

1big(faulty)tv

Guest sands88
Hi Deucer,

sands88,

Cheers,

Deucer.

sands88,

To clarify, I have had 3 lockups since last Saturday. I too like all the features of the PDP and do not want to go through the hassle of returning it. I am currently using DVI from the HD STB. Samsumg said they were not recalling the PDPs as all are not faulty. I asked if I could then have one that was not faulty and was told that they cannot determine which ones were faulty. Hopefully the engineers that are currently here from South Korea (I think) will get a firmware fix out to us asap! I am currently waiting for a call back from Samsung to let me know that a tech will be coming out and fixing the PDP. Hopefully withing the next few days. All I can suggest is everyone with the problem keep calling them on 1300362603 every couple of days to see if a fix has been found. :P

Keep up the pressure,

1big(faulty)tv

1big(faulty)tv,

Your right, it's pot luck on which is faulty and which are good.... if at all any! I spoke to Samung technical support the other day, told them it might be the built in tunners that's causing the problem, they confidently said no. (I guess they know something I don't)

They were of course right because I proceeded to try watching tv through HD STB, it still locked up last night.

I've been looking around for a different models and brands to replace the Samsung. I got to admit they don't look so good, maybe the pioneer comes close but I don't want to spend the extra on a tv which looks second best!!

I guess I might get refund and wait for a new model or brand.

Still confused,

sands88

Hi Deucer,

sands88,

Cheers,

Deucer.

sands88,

Keep up the pressure,

1big(faulty)tv

1big(faulty)tv,

Your right, it's pot luck on which is faulty and which are good.... if at all any! I spoke to Samung technical support the other day, told them it might be the built in tunners that's causing the problem, they confidently said no. (I guess they know something I don't)

They were of course right because I proceeded to try watching tv through HD STB, it still locked up last night.

I've been looking around for a different models and brands to replace the Samsung. I got to admit they don't look so good, maybe the pioneer comes close but I don't want to spend the extra on a tv which looks second best!!

Still confused,

sands88

Guys, If you do go down the path of a different panel, take a look at the new Fujitsu 40 series. It appears that there's been another price drop and the 42" HD models are now going for around $4500. I assure you that the PQ will more than match that of the Samsung.

Hi Deucer,

sands88,

Cheers,

Deucer.

sands88,

Keep up the pressure,

1big(faulty)tv

1big(faulty)tv,

Still confused,

sands88

Guys, If you do go down the path of a different panel, take a look at the new Fujitsu 40 series. It appears that there's been another price drop and the 42" HD models are now going for around $4500. I assure you that the PQ will more than match that of the Samsung.

It's interesting reading about all the people who have had problems with the SAMSUNG. I have had this model since November last year. I have had no problems with the panel locking up at all (though the romote locked up a couple of times when numerous fast presses of buttons were made in sucession). My plasma was built in june 2004. Perhaps there is a bad batch out there. I am very pleased with the PDP up to now. It is disappointing to hear because when I bought this TV, I did so after much research. All I can think of, is with the big price reduction, maybe some cuts were made in quality control!

Guest Chrisr_aus

Well after two weeks of the Samsung I am going to Myer to take it back.. The picture is very good on high quality input (usually via Teac HD STB). Watching The bourne supremacy last night I played around with the settings and finally got a nearly watchable picture (using component input). My screen locks up every day at least. The sync problem is a pain and limits how I can use my AV receiver.

Customer support keeps saying a fix is on the way for the lockup. solarisation is a real pain and if recent DVDs look bad then I am not sure that I can put up with it in the long term.. But then looking at HDTV I think what a waste.. great sometimes but let down for the majority..............back to the shop with it and see what to replace it with.. cannot go back to 80cm crt now as used to size. :blink::P

Well after two weeks of the Samsung I am going to Myer to take it back.. The picture is very good on high quality input (usually via Teac HD STB).  Watching The bourne supremacy last night I played around with the settings and finally got a nearly watchable picture (using component input).  My screen locks up every day at least.  The sync problem is a pain and limits how I can use my AV receiver.

Customer support keeps saying a fix is on the way for the lockup.  solarisation is a real pain and if recent DVDs look bad then I am not sure that I can put up with it in the long term.. But then looking at HDTV I think what a waste.. great sometimes but let down for the majority..............back to the shop with it and see what to replace it with.. cannot go back to 80cm crt now as used to size.

Sorry to hear that Chris,

By contrast.... I've had mine for a week now and it's been used on average about 9 hours a day (kids on school holidays). Been used for TV via STB, DVD, VCR, Camcorder and PS2. Not had a single problem with it! No lock ups. No audio sync problems.

I have noticed solarisation... and I did start to let it get the better of me. I started looking for the faults rather than concentrating on the story and just enjoying the show. Making a conscious decision not to nit-pick.... I don't see it so much anymore and have concluded that it's dependent on input source quality. It's a case of mind over matter I think.

Some DVDs and broadcasts have quite apparent solarisation, some have barely any to speak of. The quality of the image at capture, during editing, disc media and DVD player quality probably all have a bearing on how a DVD movie presents on the panel. It's a bit rough to blame the panel when the problem could be at any one of the links in the chain that got it to your eyes. Same goes for FTA broadcasts. It's always the messenger that gets shot isn't it! :blink:

Based on what I've read on this forum, seems whatever plasma you get there'll be a problem. The expensive Pioneers have pixellation problems (or was it judder) and the much touted NECs have image retention and pixel dropout problems as discussed on this forum (read it for yourself). Teh Samsung has neither of these that I've seen. AFAIK (and I'm no expert), all plasmas suffer from image rendering problems to varying degrees. I guess the technology in general's not perfected yet.

As for me, dimming the lights, kicking back with a good DVD or broadcast, boosting the 5.1 channel surround sound volume and just enjoying the show is what I spent the money for! Taking the good with the bad.... it's been well worth it! :P

Cheers,

Deucer.

Guest Chrisr_aus

Well, I didn't get the panel changed. Megamart organised someone to come out and set it up a bit better. At the end of the day the picture is now damn good on teac HD STB via DVI. Just as good via PC running Dvico fusion lite via VGA. now depending on the source the DVD via component can be very good or passable (really appears an issue with quality of DVD presssing -- star wars great, tomb raider great.. the bourne surpremacy lousey).. I have a panasonic DVD that support DVD audio and SACD and using progressive video no real difference in picture quality. I have tried the LG unit in the HTPC and it appears to be a bit better than the panasonic. The only dissapointing input is not the Strong SD STB via S-VHS. I will have to play around with this a bit.

But overall I am as satisfied as probably can be. I reinvestigated other panels and came to the conclusion that i could find some fault with all of them and for $4300 the samsung is a very good buy..

thanks for the various thoughts from others on this and other threads

Chris

...Customer support keeps saying a fix is on the way for the lockup.  solarisation is a real pain and if recent DVDs look bad then I am not sure that I can put up with it in the long term.. But then looking at HDTV I think what a waste.. great sometimes but let down for the majority..............back to the shop with it and see what to replace it with.. cannot go back to 80cm crt now as used to size. :blink:  :P

I also had the lock-up problem like some other owners. But it happened only once. The other minor problem with the PS42P4H, which I'm not sure it's common to others, is that if you try to adjust Detail Control after enabling the DNIe, the sound could be lost. I've demonstrated to a technician and he reckoned it could be a software bug.

However, after owning the PS42P4H for a month now, I must admit that its color fidelity and shaprness are very good for it price which can be as low as about 4k as many purchased. I believe if nothing serious happens to you in the first two years, which is the standard warranty period for the PDPs, you can enjoy watching it over more than 50,000 hours of half-life time.

Critically speaking, it happens to my PDP and I think it is common to many PDP that there is some motion artifact with this model: the greenish tinge which appears on the edges of human skin. This was reviewed by Cnet Australia

http://www.cnet.com.au/hometheatre/tvs/0,3...40001789,00.htm

I have experienced this motion artifact on all HD signals (576p, 760p, 1080i) from my LG HD STB LST4100P via Component and DVI. It also happened when watching DVDs via Component. The Samsung technician explained it was due to the way the gas elements are charged and discharged. However, when I watch movies on my computer via VGA, this kind of motion artifact does not occur at all. I'm trying to find the answer and a solution for this. If you have some ideas, please share with me. Here is my thought: this PDP, as other PDPs, is a digital display panel which has some native resolution (in this case 1024x768) . Any kind of other TV/Video signal, either analog or digital, is eventually converted somehow to the signal that drive the 1024x760 pixels. Since the motion artifact does not happen with VGA signal from a computer, I am inclined to suggest that Samsung might have employed a cheap conversion algorithms inside the PDP. Consequently, those signals that drive the Red, Green, and Blue gas elements might not be perfectly in-phase with motion pictures. I have done some Google research and found that there seems to be a solution for this common problem among PDPs: the video scalers. They can be found in professional AV shops. Though the very professional ones might cost a great deal, there are some in the mid-range for which this kind of motion artifact may be eliminated. See

http://www.converters.tv/search_converters.html

for a list of converters available from a shop in Sydney. If anyone interested in computer hardware, I think some thing similar to this might be useful

http://www.pluggedin.tv/sweetspot/features/index.html

Basically, these gadgets convert video signals (component, DVI) to VGA signals professionally. I'm trying to save some bucks for this and looking for a suitable one which I believe will bring the picture quality comparable to any top-brand plasma. If anyone has a chance to test a video scaler, please let me know some feedback.

Foghorn17 (sorry I call you this, I didn;t know your real name), may I know what Megamart branch did you bought your Fujitsu P42HHA40 HD panel? And where or how did you know that the price fir this HD panel has recently drop to $4500?

I'm currently in the market to buy this panel for my friend, and I want to be able to get the best price for her, as she trust me in getting the best product for the best price available out there...

Thanks in advance.

BTW, this forum is very good and very informative...nice people, great information...

But overall I am as satisfied as probably can be.  I reinvestigated other panels and came to the conclusion that i could find some fault with all of them and for $4300 the samsung is a very good buy..

thanks for the various thoughts from others on this and other threads

Chris

So Chris,

What's the status with the lock-up problems you were having now that Megamarts re-jigged the panel's setup? Or is it too early to tell? Maybe give us some feedback in a weeks time or so?

I tell you what though.... I've never enjoyed watching 'The Great Outdoors' and 'Getaway' so much before! The HD image on the plasma is just brilliant! And Channel 7's Sunday Night Home Theatre is great stuff aswell! :blink:

Cheers,

Deucer.

Foghorn17 (sorry I call you this, I didn;t know your real name), may I know what Megamart branch did you bought your Fujitsu P42HHA40 HD panel? And where or how did you know that the price fir this HD panel has recently drop to $4500?

I'm currently in the market to buy this panel for my friend, and I want to be able to get the best price for her, as she trust me in getting the best product for the best price available out there...

Thanks in advance.

BTW, this forum is very good and very informative...nice people, great information...

Hi ben1680, I made a mistake in that this was the price for the SD panel.... although there is another member of this forum who says they have purchased the HD panel for a similar price, but he didn't say where from.

The general price that most of us have been getting is about $5500 from Megamart stores, but you might be able to do a little better now.

Check out the the main Fujitsu thread on this forum for more info.

Hi Guys,

Just for the record I purcchased the P42 from Retravision Brookvale along with other equipement. I have spoken to Steve who I purchased it from and he said he would be happy to do the P42 on its ownn for $4 200.00.

PS They have some great Marantz DVD DV-4300 players that have just been superceded and you can get those for sub $300.00. :blink: