We have purchased a TEAC HD STB with Samsung PS42D5S....... will we be able to get PIP ? Apparently the PS42D4 has a double tuner and PIP. I am new to plasma market and your thoughts/knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sharon

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"JB's cost price on this unit is $3215. If you can get in while DJ's still have their specials on i would suggest doing so."

Even Ebay have them for $3176. Are you sure about this Epyon ? Do you know they get all kinds of rebates and bonus' for units sold. I doubt they are losing on it. Where do you get this onfo from ?

Same model for $2950 good guys penrith.

In the local paper today with the headline...

FIRST PLASMA UNDER $2000

Samsung 42" Plasma $1999

With 3 year Warranty..

No model No mentioned

CFS Computers and Electronics

Unit 4, 221 Hoxton Park Road, Cartwright.

Cheers

Sunil. :blink:

"JB's cost price on this unit is $3215. If you can get in while DJ's still have their specials on i would suggest doing so." 

Even Ebay have them for $3176.  Are you sure about this Epyon ?  Do you know they get all kinds of rebates and bonus' for units sold.  I doubt they are losing on it.  Where do you get this onfo from ?

I saw their cost book. You are probably right tho. That could be a one off purchase price. They are selling lots of LG's at the moment so no doubt they get them cheaper.

Which ever way you look at it tho, Under $3200 for this model is a damn good price. Whoever it comes from.

In the local paper today with the headline...

FIRST PLASMA UNDER $2000

Samsung 42" Plasma $1999

With 3 year Warranty..

No model No mentioned

CFS Computers and Electronics

Unit 4, 221 Hoxton Park Road, Cartwright.

Cheers

Sunil.  :P

Definately cheap, I suspect that their name (CFS Computers and Electronics Scratch & Dent Factory Outlet) may go some way to explaining why these are such a bargain :blink: They do have warranty though which is a good thing.

Even Ebay have them for $3176.  Are you sure about this Epyon ?  Do you know they get all kinds of rebates and bonus' for units sold.  I doubt they are losing on it.  Where do you get this onfo from ?

I agree, nobody is going to sell a hot selling new model under their cost, the retailers have all sorts of Long Term Incentives and bonus's from the suppliers.

From my experience JB's are not particularly cheap any more.

I bought this model at the weekend for $3,150 delivered, Good Guys Narre Warren.

I agree, nobody is going to sell a hot selling new model under their cost, the retailers have all sorts of Long Term Incentives and bonus's from the suppliers.

From my experience JB's are not particularly cheap any more.

I bought this model at the weekend for $3,150 delivered, Good Guys Narre Warren.

agree.. I got mine for $2900 + $150 wall bracket from JB in Perth WA...heheh...

i cant wait to here from you guys in two weeks must be great sales people selling you these panels lets see what the price is in two weeks the expected price is rumoured to be around the 2999 and then whatever your deal is after that

these panels dont fully arive in till july 17

it reminds me of all those people that paid 25000 5 years ago for a panel

you should all know better you should have used this forum as a tool and seen that the current px3 model is selling around the 2800 or so with an external hd box and they also have a 3499 rrp! and buy the way i know someone at jb and 3215 is not the cost on this panel you may find you just spoke to a sales guy that wasnt playing ball on a panel thats price is not yet fixed!!!

i wouldnt pick up your panels untill you do a second shop when you get the call saying your panel is in i would pull in to a few different shops and see what the real price is if its the same great but we will see yes we will see!!

I think your missing the point - the ppl who paid $25K 5 years ago (or even 45K 7 years ago) have been enjoying their screens for YEARS. (And their probably now putting their screens in their kids bedrooms and buying new ones for their living rooms).

Sure they paid to be an early adopter - but so what? They were stairing down the barrel of 50 inches of Hi Def LONG before anyone else.

Good luck to them I say.

You can hang out for the price to come down to the point where you feel comfortable (ala PC's) or you can get in when you WANT it - and hang the price.

Life is to short to do without IMO - get in and enjoy. Thats what life is all about. :blink:

QUOTE "i cant wait to here from you guys in two weeks must be great sales people selling you these panels lets see what the price is in two weeks the expected price is rumoured to be around the 2999 and then whatever your deal is after that

these panels dont fully arive in till july 17

you should all know better you should have used this forum as a tool and seen that the current px3 model is selling around the 2800 or so with an external hd box and they also have a 3499 rrp! and buy the way i know someone at jb and 3215 is not the cost on this panel you may find you just spoke to a sales guy that wasnt playing ball on a panel thats price is not yet fixed!!!

i wouldnt pick up your panels untill you do a second shop when you get the call saying your panel is in i would pull in to a few different shops and see what the real price is if its the same great but we will see yes we will see!! "

ktskeats,

I think you are full of s h it ! These guys have their panel now and they will probably be watching the next state of origin on their plasma, you and I probably won't ! The prices they paid are not bad at all. I have seen your 12 month price predictions back in April, where you suggest 42" SD plasma to start from $999 in April next year. !! You are a dreamer and don't really have a clue in the real world. Wake up and get yourself a strong coffee

hey guys no need to get shirty and i can do my own typing thanx! if i wanted to spend all night getting my writing perfect i may as well be on a english spelling and/or punctuation forum.

now i said you should us this forum as a tool and get a price on these tv's when there on the market not comming on the market and as for the rugby when i wrote this it was two weeks before the rugby.

my appologys on the 25k remark bad example!

BUT FOR THIS COMMENT??????

ktskeats,

I think you are full of s h it ! These guys have their panel now and they will probably be watching the next state of origin on their plasma, you and I probably won't ! The prices they paid are not bad at all. I have seen your 12 month price predictions back in April, where you suggest 42" SD plasma to start from $999 in April next year. !! You are a dreamer and don't really have a clue in the real world. Wake up and get yourself a strong coffee

dont use my words against me if you have a look we are already seeing plasma hit the sub $2000 mark and yes by 04/06 i believe we will have a 42" non brand plasma around the $999 mark one thing i would like to know is how you came up with plasma has 20% per year reduction as you have reported in other threads all plasmas have dropped by around 30% per year over the past three years ie lg/ samsung branded 42" sd would be around

july 03 5999

- 30%=4199 july 04

- 30%=2939 july 05

- 30%=2057 july 06

so why not $999 for a non branded 42" i am already hearing of a 3999 40"lcd by jan 06 and everyone keeps telling me how lcd will be the premium display!!

i dont know why you feel you need to attack me if you have a look at that thread the question was something like "anyone want to take a guess at pdp pricing over the next year " so i had a stab no need to put comments like that in???

i dont know why you feel you need to attack me if you have a look at that thread the question was something like "anyone want to take a guess at pdp pricing over the next year " so i had a stab no need to put comments like that in???

Please see the original post quoted for your convenience below:

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and new to the world of plasma tv.

I bought a JVC PD-Z42DV4 for $3600 last week, a saving of $1900 I feel like a got an excellent deal on a great tv, from what I have been able to read this panel was good value at the original price.

Was just wondering if it really is as good a deal as I think?

And was also wondering what other excellent deals people out there have found?

Cheers

Callum

Nice try.

Edit: Punctuation :blink:

Edited by vidiot
I have seen your 12 month price predictions back in April, where you suggest 42" SD plasma to start from $999 in April next year. !!  You are a dreamer and don't really have a clue in the real world.  Wake up and get yourself a strong coffee

I met with a supplier last week and they were predicting that they would have a $999 42" by this Xmas, guess we'll have to wait and see, it's definately a buyers market though.

I very much doubt we will get anywhere near $999 in the next 12 months, could you really bring yourself to purchase such chinese rubbish if this was to occur. If a chinese plasma gets down to $999 (providing it actually works ! one could only imagine the quality), LG/Samsung would have to bring their models down to around $1200-$1400 and the Japanese would have to bring theirs down to around $1600-$1800. Quite unlikely.

And for ktseats, here's just an example of how I reckon we have seen 20% per price drops based on street prices, not RRP's.

My father in law got a good deal on a Fujitsu 42SD plasma in june 2002 for about $7000, and todays price 3 years later is around $3900, this is less than 20% p.a decrease. When you take into consideration that the AUD exchange rate with Japan was significantly less favourable back then than it is today, the decrease p.a. is even less. Your example is flawed as they are not correct street prices, just prices you pulled out of the air. Get yourself another strong coffee.