Plasma deals

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

I got my Pioneer Plasma PDP506HD on Dec. 31st for $69950 from HN Castle Hill on 2 year interest free plus Toshiba S26H HDSTB for 550 plus a HDMI cable thrown in free - all up for $7500.

Cheers,

Arun

Hi all, anyone in the market for the Pana 42" Sd 50A, head on down to clive Peeters in melb (and Qld i think)

and work on them and ask for a "cd" (carton Damaged) one. Just got mine for $2375.00 and the box just had a slight tear on one side. Unit is perfect, and has full warranty. Thats probably about $200-250 better than what you can get elsewhere. I understand that they also do "cd" with pioneer and the pana HD ones as well.

Hi All,

Purchased my Panasonic Viera TH-42PA50A 42" SD Panel 2 and a bit weeks ago from Harvey Norman Brisbane City for $2799 with 24 months interest free included. I'm not usually one to purchase from Harvey Norman 'cos their ticket prices are a little high, however the sales guy was able to price match with some internet retailer price that I printed off, which meant a $200 saving.

Just last weekend I saw that Todd's HiFi in Brisbane was doing the same panel for $2699 cash, which is the best price I've seen so far if you have access to that sort of cash. Interest free costs the retailer 11% of the purchase amount so the harvey norman price technically (prob not likely to happen though) could have come in as low as around $2500 if i had paid cash.

I have been thoroughly impressed with the image quality on the pana panel - had a look at some Hitachi HD plasma panels for around the same money but the picture was nowhere near as bright or sharp. The sales guy tried to persuade me into buying the new HD panasonic 42" panel, but with relatively bugger all HD programming on at the moment (something that apparently won't change for the forseeable future), the extra 1000 bucks seemed a little redundant (especially when the sd picture looked almost identical from about 3 metres back).

Cheers,

Adrian.

Got my samsung SD panel a few months ago for $2350 from an IT supplier, i even salary sac'd it too! haha ended up paying $1500 for it.

So what tax loophole did you use to salary sacrifice it? - never heard of that as an option from pretax dollars!

Wouldn't want to be you when the tax man does an audit of your employers payroll records.....

Not sure if this qualifies but anyway... got a Pioneer Plasma PDP506HD from JB Bondi just before Chrissy for $4900!

Unbelieveable I know, but actually was for a 505HD but when they turned up to deliver and install, screen was cracked, so Pioneer had to give me the new model as there were no more 5 series available. Can't say I was complaining. :blink:

Don't hate me

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Panasonic TH-42PA50A (42" SD) with 5 year warranty & local delivery for $2,709 on the weekend at Video Pro at Carindale Brisbane although it was after getting the same deal from Harvey Norman next door. Paid on a card. The VP guy says the lost money on it. Who knows but he did take a long time to consider it. Figure in 5 years or so I will get an LCD once they can get the the refresh rates up.

So far it looks really good and picture (almost?) as crisp as my Sony Wega 59cm CRT. Using a Teak SD STB.

Edited by Russell65

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...