Sign in to follow this  
billybob_chider

Big Dog

Big Dog is corny. Yet he serves a purpose- to warn parents that 'M' rated shows are on as of the time Big Dog goes to bed. In this age, do we really need a stupid dog dictating NBN?

Big Dog is corny. Yet he serves a purpose- to warn parents that 'M' rated shows are on as of the time Big Dog goes to bed. In this age, do we really need a stupid dog dictating NBN?

well, what else can Ray Dinneen do in his 8 hour workday where he only works 1 hour :blink:

As a young bloke growing up in Grafton many many years ago, I loved big dog and to some extent still do. Keep him. I have no problem. Whats your issue woth Big Dog???

Next you'll be picking on Prime possum.

Now heres a thought, what furry creature belongs to Ten ?

And who did Fat cat belong too?

Fat Cat belonged to SAS10 from the 1970's, before SAS got changed to SAS7 in the mid 80's. Which meant Fat Cat changed from Network 10 to the 7 Network for the rest of the country. Fat Cat died on the 7 Network when the Pre-School program Fat Cat and Friends was refused any further P classification by the ABT by its lack of any real educational content. 10 minute segments of Fat Cat dancing and rolling around on a studio floor to canned muzak did not do much in the form of any useful educational content as demanded by any program that is given a P classification.

It was actually the Children's Program Committee, which was promptly disbanded by the ABT after this decision (and another, involving Skippy). However, you are absolutely right in noting that it was refused a P classification - but not banned. Channel 7 were the ones who refused to continue the show.

See http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/6897/kidstv.html

- Miles.

Fat Cat and Friends ruled. Big Dog sux. You don't see WIN with corny animals like this. But I guess because NBN 'cares' then they have to show a commitment to kids shows.

Fat Cat belonged to SAS10 from the 1970's, before SAS got changed to SAS7 in the mid 80's. Which meant Fat Cat changed from Network 10 to the 7 Network for the rest of the country.

Fat Cat says goodnight to the kids on Seven at 7:30 every night in Perth and he makes appearances at Seven's annual Telethon.

Big Dog sux. You don't see WIN with corny animals like this. But I guess because NBN 'cares' then they have to show a commitment to kids shows.

It's about having something for the kids as well as station identity and tradition.

Fat Cat and Friends ruled. Big Dog sux. You don't see WIN with corny animals like this. But I guess because NBN 'cares' then they have to show a commitment to kids shows.

Yeah I live in Canberra, been up to newcastle a couple of times and at least WIN dosen't 'care' like your station does hahaha

it does have an annoying station logo though!

I say bring back Button's The Cat, was far better than Big Dog.

But that was in my youth, but he sure disappeared without a word.

cheers,

DAVID :blink:

Believe it or not, NBN actually gets complaints if Big Dog doesnt come on at 7.30. There are many parents that use it to get their kids to bed.