Sign in to follow this  
veejo

are accusound anygood for HT speakers ?

I'm finally going to bite the bullet and try my hand at HT. Mainly because most discs are 5.1 and sound BAD through the Samsung TV 2 speakers. I've got a sony surround sound amp (100 W per channel). Also my sone loves to hear and watach Pixar "cars", go lightening :-)

I thought about buying accusound 6.5 or 8.5 sepaker setup, as they seem cheap and better then what Harvey Norman have for the money. anybody had experince with these or know of better value under $1000 for speakers only ?

this is fot HT, I have other speakers and amp for Stereo :-)

Tried trawling ebay for used B&W but it's all becoming too much effort.

Totaly agree with you

Samsung TVs have woefull SQ. (well ours has)

I'm finally going to bite the bullet and try my hand at HT. Mainly because most discs are 5.1 and sound BAD through the Samsung TV 2 speakers. I've got a sony surround sound amp (100 W per channel). Also my sone loves to hear and watach Pixar "cars", go lightening :-)

I thought about buying accusound 6.5 or 8.5 sepaker setup, as they seem cheap and better then what Harvey Norman have for the money. anybody had experince with these or know of better value under $1000 for speakers only ?

this is fot HT, I have other speakers and amp for Stereo :-)

Tried trawling ebay for used B&W but it's all becoming too much effort.

I think you'll find Accusound come out of similar factories as the Dream speakers. Not hifi quality but look ok and give you a decent enough HT experience. Dream are typically less expensive for same stuff, importer is based in Preston

I have bought a couple of these sets before and are value for low money for HT IMO

Go to their ebay store on http://www.dreamhifi.com.au/speakers.asp

You can pick up bargains if you are patient IME

Edited by norpus

I think you'll find Accusound come out of similar factories as the Dream speakers. Not hifi quality but look ok and give you a decent enough HT experience. Dream are typically less expensive for same stuff, importer is based in Preston

I have bought a couple of these sets before and are value for low money for HT IMO

Go to their ebay store on http://www.dreamhifi.com.au/speakers.asp

You can pick up bargains if you are patient IME

I see whay you mean, they have a wider range, though with a sub woffer they come to about the same price. Specs seem the same on paper. Bigger decision will be whether to go with the 2x8" woofers, or 3x6.5" woofers in the front speakers. Total area would be about teh same.

went with the dream X900, and the 12" subwoofer. At just under $500 delivered, I regard this as a setup likey to migrate to the garage once I become more comfortable with HT, placements, how much each component influences the final sound, where it's best to spenf your money, etc. I'm sure some people pay $1000 for a centre speaker for a reason (I can undertand $1000 for front speakers at stage coming a stereo environment), I'm, just not there yet with HT. And it has to sound better then the Samsung TV speakers, or 5.1 played as Stereo.

Thought about the Yamaha, but already have an amp, and it's sad to get $100 on ebay for somthing (my existing amp) that cost me $900 5 years ago.

The cost of enlightenment is always less than the cost of ignorance!!!!

I think you'll find Accusound come out of similar factories as the Dream speakers.

i think you'll find the quality control and customer service of the Accusound products better. ive heard both, and am impressed with value for money of both. but it can be a little hit and miss with the Dream Acoustics...

I have a set of Accusound OM-650's with the 120 watt 10 inch sub.

Id thoroughly reccomend them for the HT environment, value for money wise, but again not a 'HIFI' music product.

Be aware that the 6.5 (650's) and 8.5 (850's) are now superseeded models so you should be able to get them from Harney Norman at a very good deal. Ignore the RRP. Mine had a RRP of 1299.00, but i ended up getting them for around $500.00 on special when the new models arrived (750's).

Of the 2 u mentioned, either is ok (850's have slightly larger drivers in fronts).

Ive had em now for about 3 years, and i couldnt fault them at the moment......good clean crisp sound, bass 'tight' without being overbearing.....using them in an 8 metre x 5 metre room and they do not struggle at all.

I guess when you are comparing to dream accoustics you should consider ongoing support if anything does go wrong. I had a friend with an older model accusound system, the sub fried within warranty (BTW thats a 5 year warranty!!!)...they took it to back to Harvey Norman and it was repaired within 2 weeks by Accusound. Good after sales support i reckon is important.

Chinese made to Australian company specs i believe.

Accusounds are a good unit..IMHO...:nana.....

Cheers.

Be aware that the 6.5 (650's) and 8.5 (850's) are now superseeded models so you should be able to get them from Harney Norman at a very good deal.

Actually the 'signature' series, ref 8.5 and 6.5 are available exclusively through 'Audio Australia'. They are not superceded models! They are 2009...

g'day veejo

I have 2 pairs of accusound's eclipse 55 speaker system with 2 matching eclipse subs, and can totally recommend them for ht.

accusound offers a 5 year warranty for this series (and perhaps across the board for all their speakers), are very helpful with direct enquiries and their after sales service puts the bigger boys like q____fi in melb to utter shame.

the accusounds are also a big bang for your buck, and for what they cost, are totally acceptable, especially for your initial foray into ht. i bought my first set from harvey norman, loved them, and subsequently bought another set for an intended 7.2 setup via audio australia online and paid half the price off retail for a brand new set.

hope that helps.

cheers

warren

Edited by warren3000

Actually the 'signature' series, ref 8.5 and 6.5 are available exclusively through 'Audio Australia'. They are not superceded models! They are 2009...

oops......i stand corrected....thought he was refering to omega 850's and 650's..:cool:

cheers

Accusound is a great entry level brand. Reccomended. A huge range to choose from and all systems are sold as 5.1 packs.

Can't go wrong for the asking price if your talking about the signature series you can get cheap off ebay through Audio Australia and your not too fussy about SQ. They are Aussie designed/made in china. Certainly not high end audio but perform very good for home theater indeed with quite good imaging. Pretty sure they have a 5th order Xover and are designed to give good volume.

I've bought a few things over time from Audio Australia and always had good service and been very easy to deal with. In-fact if your unsure of anything why not give them a call, they are quite helpful over the phone.

So while not the last word in HiFi and sound quality they do present excellent bang for your buck and still sound quite ok. Better than most stuff you will get from HN and the average cheaper retailer. Hard to beat from the price and work better than any speakers from a HTIB set-up most likely. If this is what your budget allows it will certainly be good value for a 5.1 system and hard to buy better unless you get a steal on something 2nd hand.

you're spot on mitcon.

audio australia are excellent to deal with. i bought my second set of accusounds from them via ebay for half the retail, and absolutely brand new too.

if anyone who's reading may be interested, they also have occasional seconds stock at a real bargain, even with shipping.

they are a great mob, have great communication & prompt delivery. can't ask for more.

cheers

warren

I have bought a set of dream speakers off ebay, and well, i gave them to my parents a few years back, didnt like the sound after a while, im now stocking up on my ne6w ht system with accusound 8.8's as mains and surrounds and 8.5 centre, just trying to find a sub now, but they sound marvellous for their price, so they are a go ahead for those who are on a budget, Justin from Audio Australia is fantastic with fast responses and 3 day delivery, i i recommend for anyone who wants a cheap/decent sounding package as an Entree for HT setup!