Smallville

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's assuming ten play season 4 immediately after season 3.

I think that they will. ATM we are very far behind the U.S so I think they'll want to catch up a bit more. I also think that because it is, ATM, doing consistent numbers for them, they won't have a break in between seasons.

Edited by anddy

Interestingly, there's a double episode of Smallville this Sunday... perhaps they're trying real hard to catch up? Probably because it's almost reality show season, where they'll have little time to show anything other than reality crap.

Not in SA there isn't, unless all the guides have it all wrong, which isn't unheard of.

And that's assuming ten play season 4 immediately after season 3.

ah, I thought we were still near the end of season 2 - didnt realise we were partially into S3 (about ep08?)

apparently it is pretty easy to source all the episodes (from just about any TV show) from the net, for those that are impatient? :blink:

cheers

yeah, but not for older eps that you might've missed out on... or for shows that aren't even on DVD yet (like Ed)

yeah I agree re: older episodes;

But all new episodes (and even slightly older episodes, from say a previous season of a show that are not on DVD yet) - so like current seasons of Alias, LOST, NCIS etc etc etc.... all these eps not yet on DVD (obviously), but are readily available to D/L

cheers :blink:

Interestingly, there's a double episode of Smallville this Sunday (29th)... perhaps they're trying real hard to catch up? Probably because it's almost reality show season, where they'll have little time to show anything other than reality crap.

Confirmed by the latest online TV guides (Starts at 18:30)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

This thread drives me mad.

It always appears in the "most recent" list as "Smallville, Will it ever be back on Austrakian TV?" and I still have no idea where "Austrakia" is. Balkans maybe?

ahaha yeah - perhaps the thread initiator could do an "edit" for us??

ahhh, I take it you are all-caught-up then and have seen the ep???

yeah.. one thing that bugged me though was the watermark... at least Ten/SC10 HD don't have a watermark on their HD broadcasts... and there's a huge difference in PQ between a 350mb HDTV rip @ 640x352 and a 4gb HDTV broadcast @ 1440x1080, I can tell you that :P

I had to sit further back than my normal seating position in order to appreciate that the show's good enough to sit through a pixelated, blurry version of what would have been extravagantly beautiful, if Illwara didn't have any issues with their transmission that night.

Just in case you're wondering, there's a huge difference in PQ between a DVD crammed with 3-4 episodes and a HD broadcast :blink:

Speaking OT as I always seem to do - I was watching the start of 24 season 5 the other day and for ~700MB it wasn't half bad with a resolution of 960x544 at a decent AC3, 5.1 channel soundtrack. Certainly it was better than Seven will play later this year but not quite as nice as Smallville is on Ten.

If they keep this up I will continue to watch them on TV but if they drop it to once a week I will be looking elsewhere in an instant. I am fed up of networks doing these things here - I am quite happy to watch shows even though we are so far behind yet I don't like it when there is better quality online than what I see here.

BTW, don't turn this into another anti-576p thread, I was simply responding to the quality online vs TV related to what was said here.

Speaking OT as I always seem to do - I was watching the start of 24 season 5 the other day and for ~700MB it wasn't half bad with a resolution of 960x544 at a decent AC3, 5.1 channel soundtrack. Certainly it was better than Seven will play later this year but not quite as nice as Smallville is on Ten.

If they keep this up I will continue to watch them on TV but if they drop it to once a week I will be looking elsewhere in an instant. I am fed up of networks doing these things here - I am quite happy to watch shows even though we are so far behind yet I don't like it when there is better quality online than what I see here.

BTW, don't turn this into another anti-576p thread, I was simply responding to the quality online vs TV related to what was said here.

OMG didnt realise there was a new season of 24!

be pretty big effort to top the last season, probably the best IMHO...

anyway, thanks for the (inadvertent) heads-up!

cheers :blink: