Smallville

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Channel Ten are doing what Nine did. They are editing out the BAD bits!

Just then Lana knocked a guy onto a pitchfork hanging on the wall. You are meant to see the spikes sticking out from his chest but Ten cut it out. So you don't exactly understand how he died. Without knowing he landed on a spike the scene is totally confusing.

That does indeed suck. I guessed as much re the death... but there should be no editing.. ggrr

Anyone viewing smallville in wide bay region? I seem to be having lots of problems with SC10 (for the past year its been doing this intermittently. the channel cant lock/play properly on my Fusion card.. it errors and bails out after a few seconds. But then one week at a random time i try to play SC10 it'll just be as normal.. really REALLY annoying.)

Just then Lana knocked a guy onto a pitchfork hanging on the wall.

Same problem as 9 had. Clearly Smallville is not a show for the younger people out there, yet both 9 and now 10 persist in showing it in an early time slot, so they have no choice but to chop out the nasty bits or suffer an avalanche of calls from 'concerned parents' about the content.

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Just then Lana knocked a guy onto a pitchfork hanging on the wall. You are meant to see the spikes sticking out from his chest but Ten cut it out. So you don't exactly understand how he died. Without knowing he landed on a spike the scene is totally confusing.

Yeah that was really annoying - I worked it out thanks to the blood coming from his mouth but I was confused for about 15 secs not knowing what actually happened to him. :blink:

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

I noticed that too, and I had just watched all of series 3 on DVD which I bought at Christmas (I bought all 3 seasons and am now either waiting for season 4 on DVD or TEN to hurry and show it), and I was certain that you saw the pitchfork show through his chest, but on 10 you didn't which was a bit of a bummer.

I am just glad that Smallville is finally being shown on Aussie TV again.

Does anyone know/have a guess when season 4 will be out on DVD?

There's no watermark on Ten HD either... quality is ten times better than DVD (if not, more), and audio is also DD 2.0... apart from a minor edit, FTA HD wins, unless you're really bored and absolutely love DVD extras (which are the biggest waste of time IMHO)

There's no watermark on Ten HD either... quality is ten times better than DVD (if not, more), and audio is also DD 2.0... apart from a minor edit, FTA HD wins, unless you're really bored and absolutely love DVD extras (which are the biggest waste of time IMHO)

I've been reading around here that Ten HD DD 2.0 is rubbish compared to a DVD DD 2.0, in what way would this be the case? The minor edit should not occur as a show like Smallville is worthy of an 8:30 pm timeslot or at least encore the uncut episode late at night for those who are dedicated fans.

I've been reading around here that Ten HD DD 2.0 is rubbish compared to a DVD DD 2.0, in what way would this be the case? The minor edit should not occur as a show like Smallville is worthy of an 8:30 pm timeslot or at least encore the uncut episode late at night for those who are dedicated fans.

Surley you have got an imagination you can use? :blink: