firmware upgrade 8th Feb

just did a forced download on foxtel sat

s/w version 41.259.21

epg version 1.25.1.10S

from what I can see they YUV is back and the i button changes description from now to next without having to leave the screen, thats all I noticed at a quick glance if anyone else can advise of any other added features please do so.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smaller font is back.

The red A in a circle is back to denote Autotune.

Movies A-Z and New Releases is back in the Box Office menu

Cable version is:

Software: 41.259.22

EPG: 1.25.1.10C

Seems to be exactly the same as the one that was pulled a few months ago...... hopefully without the "bugs" that caused it to be pulled.

Evan :->

Cable version is:

Seems to be exactly the same as the one that was pulled a few months ago...... hopefully without the "bugs" that caused it to be pulled.

Could you please tell me how to force the upgrade for cable?

i'd like to give it a try.

I'm on Satellite, but I presume Cable to use the same sequence of buttons.

To force the firmware upgrade, I first switched my box off, then (using the on-box buttons) pressed the Select and Back buttons simultaeneously. All lights should then come on. Then in sequence, press Power, Up, Down, Power. You should be greeted with a screen informing you of the upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Tim

To force the firmware upgrade, I first switched my box off, then (using the on-box buttons) pressed the Select and Back buttons simultaeneously.  All lights should then come on.  Then in sequence, press Power, Up, Down, Power.  You should be greeted with a screen informing you of the upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Tim

Is this upgrade desireable?

gojiro

To force the firmware upgrade, I first switched my box off, then (using the on-box buttons) pressed the Select and Back buttons simultaeneously.  All lights should then come on.  Then in sequence, press Power, Up, Down, Power.  You should be greeted with a screen informing you of the upgrade.

Hope this helps!

Tim

Is this sequence for the Pace box or UEC box? I have both.

Cable version is:

Ok .. ok , stop teasing... Can you please tell me about the component output ?

Ive just done a forced download on cable, and the component output is there. Of course, being a complete beginer, I only have the foxtel output to my new Panny plasma via an S-video connection. Im off to invest in a Denon 2805 and a whole bunch of component cables over the next week.

How does the component output compare to the S-video output ? Will I notice an improvement ? Despite what a lot of forum members say, Ive been mightily impressed by my Svideo Foxtel digital - I think the pictures have been superb. Watching Nine and ABC etc, it looks incredibly clear.

bertieb

I managed to force an upgrade on my Pace box as well. Now, to enjoy the full glory of the component picture, I need to get a SCART to 5 RCA cable which will carry both the video and audio signals. I managed to find one at Jaycar but it is only 1.5m. But I need a 2m - 3m length. Anyone come across one anywhere? Would JBHifi have it?

Cheers.

I managed to force an upgrade on my Pace box as well. Now, to enjoy the full glory of the component picture, I need to get a SCART to 5 RCA cable which will carry both the video and audio signals. I managed to find one at Jaycar but it is only 1.5m. But I need a 2m - 3m length. Anyone come across one anywhere? Would JBHifi have it?

Cheers.

There is a 3m one on ebay ending in 10 h ... $49... Recommend this ebay seller I have bought a lot of Neotech stuff from him ..!!!! :blink: Do a search for "Neotech SCART"...

QUOTE(evolve @ Feb 8 2005, 09:56 PM)

Hope this helps!

Tim

Ok can someone confirm the Pace cable box setup steps. I (actually wife did) tried above but still on old version 32.222.22.

When you press power up etc are you still holding the back button down as I read back a couple months.

Tony

confirm that these are the steps:

Press Select first then the Back buttons (simultaneously). Release both..

All lights should then come on.

Then in sequence, press Power, Up, Down, Power. Do this in fairly quick succession and really press them to make sure l...

Upgraded this morning.. :blink:

confirm that these are the steps:

Press Select first then the Back buttons (simultaneously).  Release both..

All lights should then come on. 

Then in sequence, press Power, Up, Down, Power.  Do this in fairly quick succession and really press them to make sure l...

Upgraded this morning.. :blink:

OK our problem was she did not press the power up down etc when all the lights were still on. i.e. the lights went off fairly fast.

Updated

EPG software 1.25.1.10c

Software 41.259.22

Thanks for the tip

Now did it really improve the picture when you setup component?

Actually i have a spare component (jcar version) cable so all i need to test it is a scart/component/rca adapter. Will see if I can find 1 at jaycar/DSE this arvo.

I have been running component through an RGB to component convertor (long story) so the upgrade to me is not that important .. I just need to toss up whether to remove the convertor and use the Foxtel native STB YUV output... although if they withdraw this firmware again and I recable I won't be happy Jan.!!! :blink: ..

The component is a better picture (slightly) over SVideo though I can't compare both side by side... I always go for the best option in relation to connections so I get the best possible picture... that way I know I am getting the best I can get and can't pursue the "I wonder if I can get better picture quality if I do this ...??."...thoughts in my head :P

Is the Jaycar cable referred to the WQ7255 Scart to 5 x RCA RGB and Audio cable?

I'm currently running Foxtel through S-Video into my Sony KVHR32M31. The two component inputs on the TV are used by the HD STB and the DVD player. I'm thinking I could route Foxtel and DVD through the two (currently unused) component inputs on my Pioneer VSX-D811S into the TV. The question is, would what I gain in PQ by going component for Foxtel be lost to loss in PQ on DVD going via amp? Is it worth spending $40 on a jaycar cable and more on another component cable when I may end up taking one step forward and one step backward? The irony in this is that I never watch Foxtel anyway. My 15yo son is the only one in the house who ever switches to foxtel.

So perhaps the real question is, Why am I spending almost $80/month for something I don't use? When does that contract expire again.

I'm thinking I could route Foxtel and DVD through the two (currently unused) component inputs on my Pioneer VSX-D811S into the TV. The question is, would what I gain in PQ by going component for Foxtel be lost to loss in PQ on DVD going via amp?

I have found that there is no discernable loss of picture quality by plugging the component leads into the Pioneer amp to switch. Infact, I'm intending to do exactly this. The improvement from s-video to component is noticeable.