Cheap 66cm widescreen LCD

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the flyer too... Two year warranty's not bad... Unfortunately, it neglects to mention the contrast ratio. I suspect resolution will be 1280x768. Will have to pop into Big W and have a look...

Only catch for me is that it's a little small...

Got the flyer too... Two year warranty's not bad... Unfortunately, it neglects to mention the contrast ratio. I suspect resolution will be 1280x768. Will have to pop into Big W and have a look...

I suspect it will be 852x480, like their AWA Plasma. Still, worth checking out, just in case. Hope its 1280x720. If it is it'll look great as a bedroom set :P . Now if only aus xboxs supported high def....... :blink:

I suspect it will be 852x480, like their AWA Plasma.  Still, worth checking out, just in case.  Hope its 1280x720.  If it is it'll look great as a bedroom set :blink: .

Unlike Plasma, I don't think there are any LCD screens being made these days that are low resolution. Only a handful of companies actually make the panels are they are pretty standardized at either 1280x720 or 1280 x 768.

This could be a good buy if it has the right connections.

I suspect it will be 852x480, like their AWA Plasma. Still, worth checking out, just in case. Hope its 1280x720. If it is it'll look great as a bedroom set :P . Now if only aus xboxs supported high def....... :blink:

Xbox does support HD, I was able to pickup one of these and they work great

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/highdefinitionavpack.htm

Just noticed in the latest BigW flyer a AWA 66cm widescreen LCD TV for $1498.  Model TFTD66.  Can't seem to find any info on it on the Web.  Curious to know what the specs are for such a low price...

Made by Decktron Korea. Budged AWA.

http://www.decktron.com/products/lcd_26.html

I can’t believe this price. According to spec. it has DVI-D input.

Just noticed in the latest BigW flyer a AWA 66cm widescreen LCD TV for $1498.  Model TFTD66.  Can't seem to find any info on it on the Web.  Curious to know what the specs are for such a low price...

Made by Decktron Korea. Budged AWA.

http://www.decktron.com/products/lcd_26.html

I can’t believe this price. According to spec. it has DVI-D input.

The Big W brochure says its 450cd/m2..which means its the "Spec 2" at Decktrons site...500:1 CR

But yeah for the $ its worth taking a look at!

Picked up one of these today.

Very impressed so far at this price. Hardly Normal are still selling 66cm LCD's for $3500!

A few early comments:

Has a whole bunch of inputs including two RCA video in, Svideo, Component, VGA, DVI, and Antenna in.

Two built in tuners (picture in picture capability)Made in Korea, has an LG/Philips panel.

Supports HDTV modes: 480P/576P/720P/1080i

Picture is nice and clear, colours well saturated.

Remote is pretty awful, but I'll just program what I need onto my main remote.

2 year guarantee.

Picked up one of these today.

Very impressed so far at this price. Hardly Normal are still selling 66cm LCD's for $3500!

A few early comments:

Has a whole bunch of inputs including two RCA video in, Svideo, Component, VGA, DVI, and Antenna in.

Two built in tuners (picture in picture capability)Made in Korea, has an LG/Philips panel.

Supports HDTV modes: 480P/576P/720P/1080i

Picture is nice and clear, colours well saturated.

Remote is pretty awful, but I'll just program what I need onto my main remote.

2 year guarantee.

How is the lag? (fast moving images streaking )..cant remember normal term for this!! ( hungover from yesterday!

More info on this Telly is here....

http://www.decktron.com/support/file/LCDTV/26.html

How is the lag? (fast moving images streaking )..cant remember normal term for this!! ( hungover from yesterday!

Lag is pretty good by LCD standards. I've been watching the Tennis on it. It's definitely not one of the older generation LCD's which had quite noticeable lag.

(Guessing this thing is sub 16 millisecond refresh)

The equivalent Philips and LG are $4000ish.

are they HD tuners?

also does the TV respond quickly to remote button presses.

does it have a cheap feeling about it?

HD Tuners? No.

I'm running my TV off a foxtel digital box so i'm not using the tuners.

The remote feels cheap, but the TV is quite solid. Has a very heavy base and also has a VESA standard connector at the back for using a wallmount.

Xbox does support HD, I was able to pickup one of these and they work great

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/highdefinitionavpack.htm

Sorry to go off topic - Does the PAL unit support 720p &/or 1080i? I heard rumors the PAL unit only supports 480p, but then others have told me it doesnt work at all, so I dont know what to expect.

just saw this at bigw today. Doesn't look bad at all. Too tempting. Any more info?

What do you want to know?

Too tempting indeed!... just went and bought one. Pretty damn good ive gota say!

Shame it has an analogue tuner..but will be mated up with a Tivo anyway so no big deal.

I dont think the remote is that bad ( ive seen worse ) - so long as my Tivo remote can adjust volume it wont be needed anyway!

I was looking at the Dell 19" for the same $'s but this is a great buy!

Looks good, and seems to perform well!

Anyone know what the dead pixel policy is?

It's Big W dude - they let you return anything when it breaks and they either give you a new one or give a refund if you get stroppy...

How well does the internal scaler work for different resolutions?

I've tested Pal, NTSC and PC and all look great.

How does it look with Foxtel Digital?

Looks great here esp on the 16x9 channels (Digital Cable). The text stuff (EPG, credits etc) is particularly clear.

Just saw an ad in today's paper for a Bang&Olufsen 66cm LCD - $7995. ROFL.

Anyone know what the dead pixel policy is?

How well does the internal scaler work for different resolutions?

Has anyone tested one of these with a HD Tuner?

How does it look with Foxtel Digital?

dead Pixel policy... your kidding right!..Its BigW..just tell them its busted and theyd give u a new one.. u start talking about pixels and you'll definately get a blank face!

Dont have Foxtel so cant tell u...

Ive plugged mine into my PC ( via VGA for now..DVI later ) and the PC reports it as being an

"LG Electronics - DT-3003X"... my guess is they not only use an LG panel but electronics as well...dont know iof this is a good or bad thing :blink: