Best price Topfield TF5000PVR

Does this flow onto the BW range?

dont see why it would different manufacturer but same distributer, but maybe no longer same distributer . possibly topfield cart closed as all old (small HDD )sold and now they are out of system the newer versions can be marketed but sounds like DPG is no longer seeing eye to eye with topfield so maybe a change in distributer is on cards, with upgraded HDD and lower price. DPG didnt seem disposed to some price competition I seem to remenber them being fined for price maintenance. cheers alan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just pick-up a brand new 6000PVRt for $590 on e-Bay. If anyone is interested the link is below for the reseller:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=016

One just went for $490.

Last week I picked up a spanking 5000PVRt BP for $337.

It comes with a 12 month warranty from Topfield Aus.

Now I don't have to worry about the Channel 7 bug on my Wintal.

Well I couldn't believe my luck.

Yesterday I wandered into my local HN store armed with a couple of printouts, the net price from Topfield on the 5000 ($399) as well as the ebay one for $379 buy now.

I find the toppys on the shelf, they have one 5000 there, as well as a silver and a black Masterpiece.

Looking at the price on the shelf and comtemplating how to strike up a deal, then I started to read the signs they had hanging about - "ALL 120GB SD PVR'S - $299"

Then I noticed another sign "All 160GB SD PVR'S - $398"

I kept my paperwork in my pocket.

Got the 5000 Masterpiece black for me for $389 and the 5000t for my neighbour for $299.

Spend around $40 extra each for two x 5 year warranty as well.

As of leaving the store, they only had one silver masterpiece left in stock.

The sale was only at this store, as my neighbour was in another store about 50km away the day before, and no great deals there.

Thinks "just keeping thinking "I've been enjoying my $980 5000MP for almost two years now - put all thoughts of $389 out of mind - opportunity cost of delaying that time would have been at least that much..."

:D :D :D

Yeah, I paid $950 for the silver 5000 over two years ago, and it was definitely worth it (just calculate how much time has been saved by not watching ads). Interestingly I happened to check in Myer, North Ryde, and they are still asking $849 for one.

After checkign my local JB and HN stores I'll have to buy my 5000 online at Topfield Aus. No specials to be had...and I was outbid on ebay doh!

Still not sure on which one to get - the regular 5000 or the Masterpiece....

[/quote

Isn't Strathfield Car Radio a better deal especially with a 250GB drive? The Masterpiece and 5000 could probably be

had for $50 less for cash.

After checkign my local JB and HN stores I'll have to buy my 5000 online at Topfield Aus. No specials to be had...and I was outbid on ebay doh!

Still not sure on which one to get - the regular 5000 or the Masterpiece....

Isn't Strathfield Car Radio a better deal especially with a 250GB drive? The Masterpiece and 5000 could probably be had for $50 less for cash.
Not necessarily. The $100 off for the online Toppy's is a fair discount. If you're brave then I'd save the $100 and buy a 400Gb drive in 6 months and install it into the Toppy for the best deal.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I am looking at either the 5000MP or 6000 models. Can I expect to get a better price from Topfields website or from Strathfield ?
As mentioned in the post above yours. Both places stock the same boxes. Strathfield's will have a larger harddrive (on average about an extra 100Gb) however the Topfield site will cost $100 less.

Regards

Peter Gillepsie

• 2 weeks later...
Topfield black panther

Harvey Norman Burnie (TaS)

$299

Thanks Sounding!!!

You're most welcome!

Nice of my friend to take it to you too so free delivery for you!

So far I got me a 5000 MP for 389 (as I already mentioned)

You the BP for 299

My neighbour a 5000t for 299

And my other neighbour a MP for 398.

HN in Burnie still had a few of the MP for 398, they don't take CC over the phone so you have to go there (or get someone to go there), and you have to say -

"I hear you will match the Devonport price on the 5000 Masterpiece at $398, I want one!"

Just discovered how good the audio sounds from a HD channel, going from my SPDIF Fibre to the Denon... I'm impresseed! No picture of course but I'm recording it just for the audio!

Hi, Anyone know where i can get a TF6000 from better price than tp's website? FAT
These units tended to only be in stores if you asked for them to be ordered in. I suspect the Topfield store is now the only place you'll find one. Possibly post a 'wanted to buy' in the Topfield forum as you might catch someone wanting to upgrade to a HD model and happy to sell.

Personally I'd recommend getting a 5000 and an ICEBox2 which provides better stability and TAP compatibility. Total cost $600 (includes 6 months ICE subscription) or $630 (includes 12 months ICE subscription)

Regards

Peter Gillespie