Best price Topfield TF5000PVR

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks automan,

Went to The Good Guys Hoppers Crossing yesterday (Saturday) picked up a silver Masterpiece, have them advertised in store for $611.00.

Thats the cheapest I've heard of!

They had 3 left all black I think. Ask for Steven in AV department.

Get your butts down to GG Hoppers crossing, cause I saw all their Topfileds on special for around half price. They have them cheap as, I couldnt believe it.

Thanks Automan, saw your post & went down ASAP.

GG @ Hoppers Crosing have the following prices:

I spoke to Jay! ph 03 9974 7272

TF4400PVRT - 80GB - Was $599 Now $446

TF5000PVRT - 120GB - Now $505

TF5000PVRMP - 160GB - Was $949 Now $611 inc 128MB mem stick - About 3 left, both black & silver.

TF6000PVRTB - 200GB - Was $1129 Now $700 Inc free 6 mth ICE guide- (I think that I got the last one, other than the display model)

Jay did say something about selling below cost!!!!

Not sure how long these specials will last!

Had intentions of getting the TF5000MP as I mentioned in my post above, but could not look past the TF6000PVRTB for an extra $89. (extra 40GB & WLAN that I hope a TAP update will fix the wireless security issue).

GG Frankston - Daniel quoted $799 for the MP!!!!

Act quick cause they won't last.

Edited by rvec

"TF5000PVRMP - 160GB - Was $949 Now $611 inc 128MB mem stick - About 3 left, both black & silver."

I bought the silver this morning. so only 3 black left I think. Thanks for the tip automan / rvec. You just saved me quite a bit of money. (JB in Knox, best price was $790). I was prepared to pay that much

I got there and changed my mind.

I had reserved the TF5000 Masterpiece, but when i got there I discovered that there was only scart and composite out. I would need a SCART-Component adapter if I wanted component out and that was about $40-$50.

So i ended up taking the last TF6000 (Demo Model) and haggled for a discount seeing it was demo model and no box. I got it for $675. I'm pretty happy with that considering it's a 1100+ model

The main diff is that it has wireless built in and 200gb disk...i can't actually get it talking to my access point yet...but that's another story.

So far am happy with it. very easy to setup.

i recommend GG in hoppers as they were friendly, helpful and very cheap, however do your own research as they didn't know much about the product. I ask him what he thinks about the units and he said, "well, i can tell you that they are high def....etc". I actually had to show him the brochure before he believed that it was a standard def box.

I got there and changed my mind.

I had reserved the TF5000 Masterpiece, but when i got there I discovered that there was only scart and composite out. I would need a SCART-Component adapter if I wanted component out and that was about $40-$50.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but all Topfield 5Ks for about the last 1.5 to 2 years come with that scart-component cable in the box.

Anyway, I was amazed to see the seperate component adapters on the 6000, how does it look! I hope *these* don't have the Toppy component saturation issue, it would be nice to see how they wire in to the main board, as I believe the 5K is 99.9% the same hardware as the 6K.

Regards

"TF5000PVRMP - 160GB - Was $949 Now $611 inc 128MB mem stick - About 3 left, both black & silver."

I bought the silver this morning. so only 3 black left I think. Thanks for the tip automan / rvec. You just saved me quite a bit of money. (JB in Knox, best price was $790). I was prepared to pay that much

No worries.

I am glad to help.

Automan made the discovery.....I just tried to get as much info as possible for other users on this forum.

Edited by rvec

I would also like to thank automan.

I've been thinking about getting a 5000 masterpiece for ages.

The price made my decision.

I'd also like to give Steve at GG Hoppers Crossing a rap.

Good customer service over the phone and he was happy to organise transport of the unit to northern NSW ($40).

Best price I could get up here was $830 just before christmas. GG Coffs harbour tried to sell me a black 5000 as a masterpiece until I pointed out to the staff member that the 5000 masterpiece had a 160GB HDD and looked nothing like a normal 5000.

Staff member said "oh really, I'll have to check the computer to see about that".

I walked out.

Ive got to work out what TAPs I want now.........The fun has just begun.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but all Topfield 5Ks for about the last 1.5 to 2 years come with that scart-component cable in the box.

Anyway, I was amazed to see the seperate component adapters on the 6000, how does it look! I hope *these* don't have the Toppy component saturation issue, it would be nice to see how they wire in to the main board, as I believe the 5K is 99.9% the same hardware as the 6K.

Regards

:blink: oh well...i'm happy i got the 6000 now. I got the wireless working and it's nice being able to program and manage the device from my pc now via the web interface.

as i said..the guys there are nice, but don't know the product that well. I specifically mentioned that i would need a scart-component adapter and they looked on the shelf for one. serves me right for not doing my homework i guess.

anyway..as i said..i'm really happy with. Also, re the 6000. According to the Topfield Brochure, the 6000 has "all the features of the 5000 masterpiece" plus wireless !

my next decision is if I want to configure my router to allow me access to the pvr via the internet. in all honesty, i really don't need to, but it's an interesting challenge ! (although I might need to do that to get ice-tv working. (it comes with a free 6mnth subscription)

:blink: oh well...i'm happy i got the 6000 now. I got the wireless working and it's nice being able to program and manage the device from my pc now via the web interface.

as i said..the guys there are nice, but don't know the product that well. I specifically mentioned that i would need a scart-component adapter and they looked on the shelf for one. serves me right for not doing my homework i guess.

anyway..as i said..i'm really happy with. Also, re the 6000. According to the Topfield Brochure, the 6000 has "all the features of the 5000 masterpiece" plus wireless !

my next decision is if I want to configure my router to allow me access to the pvr via the internet. in all honesty, i really don't need to, but it's an interesting challenge ! (although I might need to do that to get ice-tv working. (it comes with a free 6mnth subscription)

Cookster670 you might want to use the ICE free 1 month trial (available on ICE website) to practice your remote access & ICE updates, prior using your 6 month subscription....just an idea!!

Cookster670 you might want to use the ICE free 1 month trial (available on ICE website) to practice your remote access & ICE updates, prior using your 6 month subscription....just an idea!!

i actually thought exactly that last night :D and signed up for the 1month free subscription.

on another note, have you (or anyone) played with the wireless function of the TF6000 ? I am having issues.

The first night i set it up and it didn't work.

The next morning i thought..what the heck, i'll see if I can ping it..and I could..and it worked all day

Last night, it "stopped" working for some reason. The two things I did was plug in a usb cable and ran altair and also installed the "UK OZ TAP Surfer" Tap. i wouldn't have thought either of them would stop the wireless working.

So as of this morning, my wireless it not working again.

I don't know if it's something i did, a wireless issue or a faulty unit issue.

Any thoughts ?

I will post another question as a new topic as I shouldn't pollute this thread. :blink:

i actually thought exactly that last night :D and signed up for the 1month free subscription.

on another note, have you (or anyone) played with the wireless function of the TF6000 ? I am having issues.

The first night i set it up and it didn't work.

The next morning i thought..what the heck, i'll see if I can ping it..and I could..and it worked all day

Last night, it "stopped" working for some reason. The two things I did was plug in a usb cable and ran altair and also installed the "UK OZ TAP Surfer" Tap. i wouldn't have thought either of them would stop the wireless working.

So as of this morning, my wireless it not working again.

I don't know if it's something i did, a wireless issue or a faulty unit issue.

Any thoughts ?

I will post another question as a new topic as I shouldn't pollute this thread. :blink:

Your right best to post another thread. I will keep an eye for it.

As you know I've just bought a TF6000PVR from GG Hoppers as well.

I haven't played around with the wireless as of yet.

I'll let you know in your new post.

Just bought today 24/02/2007

Topfield TF5000PVRT Masterpiece (MPB) $600.00

At Good Guys in Geelong , 40-50 Fyans street phone 03 5221 1322

Salesperson Michael D

They also quoted a TF4400 for $437

Was easy to setup and install now playing and learning about all the buttons

Thanks to the forum and members for all your info.

Wally

Guest karmstrong

For Qldrs... Harvey Norman @ aspley

Ask for Katherine Johnson (she seems to be a Topfield nut - was absolutely gushing about the fact that i walked in and straight up asked for the best price on the 5000)

TF5000PVRT (black - 160G) $652.00 (their ticket price is $849.00)

Best i got quoted from GG was 705 in store, Retravision clayfield quoted 690 over the phone

let the fun begin

Ken

Don't everyone rush all at once :blink: :

Retravision in Auburn Home Mega Mall (Sydney, Parramatta Road) is having a renovation sale. Just picked up a 5000PVRT (silver, 120GB) for $398

They have left:

4400PVRT (silver) $298 (about 4-5 left)

5000PVRT (silver only, 120GB) $398 (2 left, including the display one)

5000PVRMP (silver only, 160GB) $498 (2-3 left including display one)

Best prices I've seen so far.

Retravision in Auburn Home Mega Mall (Sydney, Parramatta Road) is having a renovation sale. Just picked up a 5000PVRT (silver, 120GB) for $398

They have left:

HAPPY DAYS - Just rang Retravision up - scored me one of those $398 Toppy's! $35 postage to Adelaide.

Club Toppy has just opened its doors to me!

Thanks Doomsie - I owe you one!

They have left:

Picked up the last 5000PVRMP $498 + 50 postage to WA

Big thankyou to Doomsie for finding these deals !

Cheers to Manuel at Retravision too.

Don't everyone rush all at once :D :

They have left:

WOW :blink: That's cheap. :P

Guest mattyk

Thanks Automan.

Just picked up the last TF5000PVRt (black panther) (120Gb) from GG Hoppers Crossing for $499. GG Fountain Gate wouldn't match it unless they saw a receipt or advertisement - their loss. Yeah it was a bit of a drive but who cares when you're saving GOOD money.

Powerhouse Fountain Gate couldn't even get close - $699.

:blink:

Edited by mattyk