Sign in to follow this  
AdrianW1503559681

Green edges on faces on my Pana TX-86PW200A

The TV is going back for a full refund on Friday. From reading all the other threads (like those at http://www.avforums.com mentioned higher up in this thread) it seems like these widescreen Panasonic's ALL have the green problem to some extent. And as Panasonic wouldn't even consider giving me a replacement, I think they know there's a problem with ALL of them.

Oh dear, thats not sounding good for me. I have the same TV as you and the same problem but I've never contacted Panasonic about it.

Couple of questions if you don't mind Alan:

Was it hard to get them to agree to a refund?

What 86cm CRT television could we buy for the same money?

It took me ages to get them to this point. It had parts replaced, it had "everything panasonic has authorised us to do" done to it and it was still exactly the same. They also "closed" my call saying the set was "within specifications". I wasn't happy, I just insisted that I talk with a manager at "Panasonic Customer Care" (multiple phone calls to get hat happening). Eventually they contacted someone at Panasonic in Perth (I'm in Perth) telling them to "make the customer happy". So their method of making me happy was to offer a refund as "all the TVs in this range are the same" and "there's no point in replacing the set".

Panasonic aren't actually giving the refund, I had to go back to the store I purchased from (Myer), and I gave them the name & number of the guy at Panasonic, I think Myer will be returning the set to Panasonic under a claim.

As for a replacement - the only 86cm worth getting IMO would be the Sony, but after having the Pana for 10 months, I've decided to go for a plasma or a Sony 3LCD rear-pro. These are all much cheaper than they were last year. I think CRTs have outlived their useful lives now.

Panasonic aren't actually giving the refund, I had to go back to the store I purchased from (Myer), and I gave them the name & number of the guy at Panasonic, I think Myer will be returning the set to Panasonic under a claim.

Thats the normal way its done - the retailer just gets a credit with panasonic (so some other poor person can buy a TV that is known to be defective.

Ive been through it all with my toshiba rptv except i kept it in the end as there was nothing else in the market that had the features i require - their 'fix' reduced the problem (a different problem) to the extent it annoy me much anymore.

Cheers,

Bitey

I returned my TV just over a week ago and I've now got a credit on my ColesMyerCard - so I'm going plasma shopping :blink:

IMO - if you've got a Pana 86 200A & the green edges worry you, get rid of it.

I returned my TV just over a week ago and I've now got a credit on my ColesMyerCard - so I'm going plasma shopping :blink:

IMO - if you've got a Pana 86 200A & the green edges worry you, get rid of it.

Well done!

Yes the green tinge does bug the hell out of me. But I've followed the hell you've gone through convincing Panasonic of your televisions problem.

I'd love to do as you've done but I'm not in a position to be able to go hauling this huge television around until they believe me because I dont even drive.

But if I could do it painlessly I'd go for a refund in a heartbeat.

I'd love to do as you've done but I'm not in a position to be able to go hauling this huge television around until they believe me because I dont even drive.

But if I could do it painlessly I'd go for a refund in a heartbeat.

I certainly didn't haul my TV around (I couldn't even if I tried, you need at least two people to pick the thing up). It was just lots of phone calls and a few days off work when the service guys were coming to look at it.

You need to call Panasonic Customer Care (13 26 00) and explain your problems. Also tell them that it's a known problem with that model and other customers have had full refunds authorised. If the call centre gives you grief - try asking for "David Nicholas" he was the supervisor I talked to (at least early on in the piece).

Interesting thread Adrian. You've certainly done your research.

I have the 86cm Panasonic, great TV but yes I've always noticed a slight green tinge on the left of faces which I've never been able to adjust out.

I rang Panasonic today and asked for David Nicholas, they wouldnt put me through to him, but I was told that nobody there has ever heard of this problem.

Very interesting since even a quick Google search shows otherwise.