Prime Albury

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there you go! I simple phone call answered the question.

You now have a "Firm" date for Prime to start Digital Transmissions in Albury.

Perhaps the January date list here on the DBA Reception locator was wrong, and the due date was in fact Feb. Or perhaps Prime have had Technical/Suppy issues with the Transmitter and/or Bearer links.

Anyway the "HAVE to by 28th Feb" statement would seem to indicated that is the date they have told the ABA which will have commenced full-power transmissions and would need to keep that undertaking unless something unexpected happened at the last minute. You could search the ABA site to find the exact date give by Prime to the ABA.

Anyway you guys in and around Albury can look forward to seeing some "Low-Powered" test transmissions soon.

I find Prime's SD picture quality to be one of the best from the Regional Commmerical Broadcasters. SC Ten is equal I guess, well most of the time, and in third place is WIN. I really do wish WIN would stop using old video tapes which have a hugh amount of drop-outs when they record stuff from Nine to broadcast later. The Nine news last week as a joke. Anyway enough of that!

Enjoy your Prime DTV

Mark

Its a PDF but I think this is what bizzibee(?) meant on the ABA:

ABA PDF for Upper Murray

It says page 5 that they're commencing full transmission 28/02/05.

Hi crucible,

Yes that is what I meant. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I assumed you guys would know what I meant. I was being lazy with my post and I should have posted the link to the Implementation Plans on the ABA's WEb Site. Anyway here is the link. Better late than never.

http://www.aba.gov.au/tv/digitaltv/plannin...egister_vic.htm

Mark

Well thats some good news about channel PRIME. Still theres no test patterns yet. I had digital since the 5th on Jan and ive been checking almost everyday for PRIME

I get ABC and SBS from Mt Baranduda and thats where my antenna is pointing, also SC-10, WIN from Mt Major as well as ABC, SBS from the back of the antenna

JarJum

Jarjum I think you said you are a newcomer to DTV.

The thing seems to be to expect disappointment, as that's what happens most of the time. The various channels make so many promises they don't keep (with Prime probably being the worst) so I won't be at all surprised if Prime Albury doesn't appear this month.

What do you think Fuji?

Arhh Thats Good News :blink:. I did a scan just then and still nothing but lets us all hope that it comes tomorrow. I have a hunch that Prime will come on around 5:30pm for prime local news. but if anyone see's test patterns, etc. Post it asap.

Cheers

JarJum

Now I'm really wondering whether Prime's testing has made my Shepp Prime analogue show some sort of background interference, not all the time though. I guess I'll know for sure when Prime Albury starts tomorrow.

I don't like to put a damper on things, but if this is the case it may cause Prime to operate on reduced power or stop altogether as WIN Shepp did when it was interfering with ABC Deniliquin.