Sign in to follow this  
Mullins

Who has an Aaron CC - 240 ctr Speaker?

Hi there I have Aaron ATS5's as fonts in my 5.1 system and now I am finally about to purchase the Aaron CC - 240 center to go with them as my Aaron fronts havn't missed a beat! i'm relally happy with them.

I was just wondering if anyone here has an Aaron CC-240 and would like to give there opinion on how there's is going...I doubt i'm gonna change my mind, I only really expect positive feed back. Aaron speakers boast amazing quality for the price, so I spose i'm just curious.

From experience this is the ONLY ideal match up for your ATS5s. Its a beautifully made centre, big as a house as you know. Top it off with a 10 year warranty and you have a winner!!

Yeah 14kg is a pretty big ctr speaker!! can't wait to hear it sing in harmony with my ats5's :blink:

I would be interested to hear your thoughts about this setup when you have it up and running. If you could be motivated to send me an email I would be most appreciative (or post here)

I have ATS5's and a cc60 (which is murky and I dont like it - the ATS5's overpower it somewhat, despite the balancing provided by the amp). A it is over 6 years old, I am quite happy to replace it and the CC240 is my chosen speaker.

J.

Scalpel at hotmail dot com

I have ATS 4s and the CC120 in a smallish family room. I am absolutely delighted with their performance. So, I would then assume the ATS5 and CC240 combination would be even better. In use the speakers more for movies than music.

Incidentally I use AP1s (instead of the SSs) as my rears and all of these give me a great 5.1, realistic experience. I think Aarons are well valued and great performing speakers that are Australian made.

I too have the ATS's and the AP-1's, but I have a CC120 as the centre. After using it for a few years its probably not the best matchup as I find the CC120 not up to the same level as the other speakers in the set.

cool thanx for ya input guys.

Yeah its good to see an Australian bussiness putting out kickass speakers ..saves us money to i spose having them made in oz

Hi there I have Aaron ATS5's as fonts in my 5.1 system and now I am finally about to purchase the Aaron CC - 240 center to go with them as my Aaron fronts havn't missed a beat! i'm relally happy with them.

I was just wondering if anyone here has an Aaron CC-240 and would like to give there opinion on how there's is going...I doubt i'm gonna change my mind, I only really expect positive feed back. Aaron speakers boast amazing quality for the price, so I spose i'm just curious.

I have the full Aaron surround sound system which is ATS-5, CC240 Centre and CC-120 surrounds. Have had this system about 15 months. I am still yet to find from an HT perspective anything near this setup in value for money.You need the CC-240 otherwise these fronts will overpower the Centre output. While this is a huge Centre it does enable me to have my 45kg TV sitting on top.

I have the full Aaron surround sound system which is ATS-5, CC240 Centre and CC-120 surrounds. Have had this system about 15 months. I am still yet to find from an HT perspective anything near this setup in value for money.You need the CC-240 otherwise these fronts will overpower the Centre output. While this is a huge Centre it does enable me to have my 45kg TV sitting on top.

Yeah thats what i'm finding now my ctr is no slouch and i have turned it up as much as possible but the ats'5s still over power it so the cc - 240 seems the way to go. Yeah as for value for money it seems if u want anything with the same preformance as aarons range u need to spend around 50% more!!! making aaron irrisistble as far as im concerned

hmm nice quoting there :P still getting used to this forum :blink:

oh yeah dme hifi is quoting me $699 for the CC -240 does that sound about right?

Hi

The CC 240 is a great centre speaker.

I really recommend it as your centre is so important to the front stage.

I noticed more depth and volume across all frequencies when I added the CC 240 to my system. Keeps up with the ATS 5s too. :blink:

As you can see I'm a fan of Aaron gear.

J

Hi

That's funny, got my CC240 from them.

Paid 10% less than currently advertised with no fuss so probably could have got a further discount :blink:

Actually got heaps of my gear from them when I lived in Perth.

In my experience a good little shop, always interested in making the sale, so expect good pricing/help.

Went in there looking real casual and they were still helpful as some of the other nearby shops did't offer to assist!

That was 3 years ago so I hope they are still on the ball and have the same helpful people working there.

J

If memory serves me correct the older CC240 retailed for either $599 or $649. The new model has that curved front and newer grille. The entire ATS range jumped up a bit price-wise since the new versions appeared (between $50 - $100 per speaker), but still excellent value for money gear!

cool, i might see if my local guy can price match cos id rather just head up the road and get it, its just easier

I got my Aaron CC - 240 today for $600 :blink: and its amazing!! goes so sweetly with the ats5's!! I'M LOVIN IT

I find myself collecting these CC24O speakers, currently having five of them and only one in use as a centre.

2 minutes ago, formerguest said:

I find myself collecting these CC24O speakers, currently having five of them and only one in use as a centre.

haha that's amazing
I sold my matching ATS-5s but don't think I will part with the CC-240. Mainly because I don't really use surround anymore but will one day (so no point upgrading) and it isn't worth much if selling.

Might be interesting to do some upgrades like Zaph recommended for the ATS-5