Sign in to follow this  
Sway

80GB Topfield

Anyone know where I can pick up an 80GB Toppy in Brisbane? I 've heard that $550 is around the mark.

Alternatively, if you have a used Toppy for sale please PM me or reply to forum.

Thanks

Sway

Because the box has so many features you will need to give the manual a quick scan, but it is very simple once you know how everything is organised.

Basically there is a menu with system settings and recording schedule, a separate list of mp3s, recordings, and programs (TAPS) as well as a guide and a customisable favourites list.

V.

Anyone know where I can pick up an 80GB Toppy in Brisbane?  I 've heard that $550 is around the mark.

$550 was a freak price that some lucky dude picked up from a 1/2 price bin in a Brisbane city store. I'm guessing that an uninformed vendor figured it was a "superceded" model given the 120G model is out now so he sold it at a loss(?). I can't see anybody else getting a new price like that.

If you can wait until the toppy 7000 comes out then you may get quite a few of the "must have latest gadget" freaks on this site quickly wanting to dump yesterday's toy. The 7000 is still listed on Topfields site as xmas 2003"! However, it's probably a good 6 months away from now.

Because the box has so many features you will need to give the manual a quick scan, but it is very simple once you know how everything is organised.

Basically there is a menu with system settings and recording schedule, a separate list of mp3s, recordings, and programs (TAPS) as well as a guide and a customisable favourites list.

V.

???

err .... thanks Vermin.

Sway

haha I laughed too, Sway. Vermin must have replied to a different thread! His answer made no sence to your question! lol

Once the 7000 comes out, the 2nd hand market will be awash with 5000 models (ebay etc.) - Can you wait ? Maybe you will want a 7000 when it comes out - especially with that HD NEC plasma you've got! (7000 will be a HD version of 5000 with ethernet)

Steve

Yeah, I know I'll be very tempted when the 7000 comes out. But what will they cost? Also, I don't really think there will be much (anything?) on HD worth recording in a regional area for a long time. I've convinced myself that an SD PVR will do me for now. I think.....

Sway

Sway.(towards the Toppy)..

my advice is to get the current model...and you will be so addicted that you will get the 7 k when it comes out like many of the current Toppy owners plan to do

Toppy owning is a way of life....join the club...Don't deprive yourself of the pleasure of Toppy owning for another minute...

Who said that????who said I am biased...lol

foss

haha I laughed too, Sway.  Vermin must have replied to a different thread!  His answer made no sence to your question! lol

Once the 7000 comes out, the 2nd hand market will be awash with 5000 models (ebay etc.) - Can you wait ?  Maybe you will want a 7000 when it comes out - especially with that HD NEC plasma you've got!  (7000 will be a HD version of 5000 with ethernet)

How the heck did that happen????

I was replying to this:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...ndpost&p=118100

V.

OK, thanks for the comments (except the one about brewing coffee). I guess I will just buy it from HN and try it for more than the casual 3 minutes glance.

As for satellite & terrestrial in one, I really don't think any manufacturer can ever be bothered. Us DTV folks are already a rare bunch, and FTA satellite would be even more so.

Has anyone managed better than $900 in Perth for the 120gb version?

When the 7000 comes out, my 5000 goes to the kid's room.

As foss said, it becomes a way of life. Best gadget I've bought in a decade.

Bought one for my girl friend, had that for about a year and then got Foxtel. She barely watches Foxtel cause she can't use the toppy with it. She's gotten used to watching tv toppy style and hates it when she can't!

I agree with her but Foxtel aint exactly free...wouldn't mind watching it sometimes :blink:

I think when I get my Toppy 7k I will leave it bog standard and use the box to display and do it's tricks with HD signal....it will be hard to keep my hands off....lol

From what I have heard, it will be spectacular....and competition if any at release time can only make it better...

The 7k will be a high quality, powerful machine..

foss

Sway,

Any dates and prices are speculation.

I will give an educated..ie semi informed speculation, and that is, the price will probably be about 2k or under, but that price is by no means a definate, and the price will probably not be known till the release is announced which will most probably be in the 1st quarter/third of 2005, like I have always said...probably March to May

foss