US VPI Woes

As a new owner of an upgraded HW19, I have discovered the deck had only been supplied with 3 sorbothane cones and a substitute making it less than level. Has anyone been able to use other isolation methods on this deck that works as well/better? Also need to source a 50hz pulley for the motor as here in Australia we cant use the 60hz variety. Have contacted VPI with no response as yet. Any help greatly appreciated.

Roman

Guest JohnA

i'm sure VPI will answer your question soon enough

They would get a fair few e-mails i would say.

they list the feet on their site at $50 and you can order direct

Guest JohnA

As for the speed, there's nothing one SDS won't fix...

agree, but its not a cheap upgrade. Maybe something to save up for as it is a great unit

agree, but its not a cheap upgrade. Maybe something to save up for as it is a great unit

I see you have VPI gear as well. Did you deal direct or through a dealership here? Re SDS...yes that would be nice, but not likely to happen. I have an upgraded motor, which is very solidly built and extremely heavy, the only replacement I need is the spindle(pulley) in the centre of it and VPI have it for $110, so I will wait for them to get back. There use to be a dealer in Melbourne for VPI out in the northern suburbs, does any know whether they're still there? Thanks for the response so far

Roman

Guest JohnA
I see you have VPI gear as well. Did you deal direct or through a dealership here? Re SDS...yes that would be nice, but not likely to happen. I have an upgraded motor, which is very solidly built and extremely heavy, the only replacement I need is the spindle(pulley) in the centre of it and VPI have it for $110, so I will wait for them to get back. There use to be a dealer in Melbourne for VPI out in the northern suburbs, does any know whether they're still there? Thanks for the response so far

Roman

I purchased second hand from a fellow member on here.

As for a local dealer, sligoriverblues linked to one in Richmond.

Give them a call and see if they can also help out and at what price point

I purchased second hand from a fellow member on here.

As for a local dealer, sligoriverblues linked to one in Richmond.

Give them a call and see if they can also help out and at what price point

Incidentally, this is the motor in question, weighs 14kgs

Incidentally, this is the motor in question, weighs 14kgs

Just wondering if the sorbothane cones u refer to are the same as the one that appears behind the motor unit in your pix? If so, i think u will find that they r not VPI items, but r accessory 'Vibrapod Isolator Cones'.

The HW19 Jr came with flat sorbothane discs approx 50mm dia & 15mm thick & the other HW19s had steel springs.

What model HW19 do u have??

Just wondering if the sorbothane cones u refer to are the same as the one that appears behind the motor unit in your pix? If so, i think u will find that they r not VPI items, but r accessory 'Vibrapod Isolator Cones'.

The HW19 Jr came with flat sorbothane discs approx 50mm dia & 15mm thick & the other HW19s had steel springs.

What model HW19 do u have??

The cones in the photo are deceptive and not Viprapods, they look metal tipped but aren't. In fact, I've ordered the Vibrapods for that very purpose. The deck started life as a HW19Jr but has had a plinth, platter motor upgrade to MKIV. The arm is an RB300 housing a Dynavector DVX