Sign in to follow this  
glenncol

NEW NEC HD Plasma

Anyone know any retailers in Newcastle with the NEC's on display ?. 

I have seen the 42" Viera and am impressed so if the NEC is better, I may have to buy one.

Thanks.

Rob

Why would you want a plasma with analogue inputs? Dont you want your digital display to be future proof with at least a DVI in let alone HDMI!

Many new DVD players, receivers and HDSTB's are appearing with these outputs......

For the guys with the NEC 50inch Plasma,  turn the deep blacks off and turn the contrast down to 34 and youll find the colours are just so much better.

Angelo  :blink:

Hey angelo, whats the next upgrade :ph34r:

On a serious note, good to see you are enjoying your plasma

Cheers

Binxx

For the guys with the NEC 50inch Plasma,  turn the deep blacks off and turn the contrast down to 34 and youll find the colours are just so much better.

Angelo  :blink:

Hey angelo, whats the next upgrade :ph34r:

On a serious note, good to see you are enjoying your plasma

Cheers

Binxx

Well funny you should that. This one I,m using is going back (noisy fan) just as soon as my black one comes in.

Angelo :P

Anyone know any retailers in Newcastle with the NEC's on display ?. 

I have seen the 42" Viera and am impressed so if the NEC is better, I may have to buy one.

Thanks.

Rob

Well in that case its a done deal !

Angelo :blink:

Hi,

For those of you who are unsure about the model numbers on the new NEC range of plasmas, please let me clarify it to everyone as follows:

PX-42VM5W, 42" Black PlasmaSync monitor

PX-42VR5W, 42" Silver PlasmaSync monitor

PX-42XM3W, Black 42"PlasmaSync Monitor (1024x768)

PX-42XR3W, Silver 42" PlasmaSync Monitor (1024x768)

PX-50XM4W, Black 50" PlasmaSync Monitor

PX-50XR4W, Silver 50" PlasmaSync Monitor

PX-61XM3W, 61XM2 Black PlasmaSync Monitor

PX-61XR3W, 61XM2 Silver PlasmaSync Monitor

Our company, Quantum Sphere (www.qsphere.com.au) would be more than happy to send a full colour brochure to anyone interested on the entire new range of plasmas showing detailed specifications, pictures and features. Send us an email to sales@qsphere.com.au if you would like one posted out.

Our website is in the process of being updated, so you will be able to download brochures soon. Otherwise take a look at www.necvisualsystems.com

We are running some great specials at the moment on all these models and offer a free courier delivery service with full insurance to your door - Australia wide.

:blink:

Yeahaa baby...

i now have a the 42XM3W!!!

Guys if your interested in this panel.. do yourself a favour and call Qsphere.

Amazing price, nice guy and well..perfect...

oh yeah... the panel is great too! ( but early days ..actually hours... )

:blink:

The 50 inch PX-50XM4W and PX-50XR4W for Under $7800.--- RRP is $9999

Holy cow !!!!

For that sort of money NOTHING COMES CLOSE !!!!

Now if only I can get a refund :blink:

Angelo

the NEC 42 inch models PX-42XM3W or PX-42XR3W run out for forum members only for $5500

Hi all,

In your opinions, how do these stack up against the Hitachi 42PD5000 and the Viera 42 for PQ and functionality? (Note: I'm not equating the Viera and the Hitachi, just interested in using both as benchmarks to compare the NEC against).

Ta,

Ian

the NEC 42 inch models PX-42XM3W or PX-42XR3W run out for forum members only for $5500

Hi all,

In your opinions, how do these stack up against the Hitachi 42PD5000 and the Viera 42 for PQ and functionality? (Note: I'm not equating the Viera and the Hitachi, just interested in using both as benchmarks to compare the NEC against).

Ta,

Ian

KILLS THEM IMHO and i have seen every one

[quote=Just a note we will let the NEC 42 inch models PX-42XM3W or PX-42XR3W run out for forum members only for $5500.----- RRP is $6999

Hardley a run out model

Just a note we will let the NEC 42 inch models PX-42XM3W or PX-42XR3W run out for forum members only for $5500.----- RRP is $6999

Hardley a run out model

Hey Glenncol,

I was wondering the same thing (hence my post on PQ, etc) since these were only released about a month ago, weren't they?

Now that you have given it the thumbs up, I'm really tempted to blow my budget totally out of the water and just get one of these now - so that I can get back to life and move onto some other problems. :blink:

Has anyone seen one on a shelf in Brisbane where I can check it out?

Cheers,

Ian

Hey Ian

You will not be dissapointed at all :blink:

OK!!!! Final question before I load the 12-gauge, don the deerstalker and unleash the hounds ... How does this NEC 42" stack up against the Fuji 42"?

Colours are more vibrant and natural 12 bit processing with 4096 Greys so no solarisation

Same warranty looks great it black

As far as pricing goes eHome in Melbourne is very very competitive to the prices listed and maybe better but more to the point have commited them selves to providing excelent knowledge of the product and a fantastic back up service to boot

Thay do ship all over Australia and more to the point have a shop front that is totally decked out with the NEC range where you can go and auditioned what you are buying.

it concerns me a little with all the box mover companies poping up all over the place where thay have no shop fronts and ship directly from the distributor.

you have to ask yourself the question will they care if there is a problem

When looking for the NEC 42XR3W i rang NEC and without hesitaion they put me in touch with eHome as being the best place to go

As far as pricing goes eHome in Melbourne is very very competitive to the prices listed and maybe better but more to the point have commited them selves to providing excelent knowledge of the product and a fantastic back up service to boot

Thay do ship all over Australia and more to the point have a shop front that is totally decked out with the NEC range where you can go and auditioned what you are buying.

it concerns me a little with all the box mover companies poping up all over the place where thay have no shop fronts and ship directly from the distributor.

When looking for the NEC 42XR3W i rang NEC and without hesitaion they put me in touch with eHome as being the best place to go

It's a shame I'm no longer in Melbourne! However, the 12-gauge and hounds usually ensure good after sales support. :ph34r:

Yet another reason why I don't like purchasing anything over the 'net. How much has one really 'saved' if the hounds can't find the b****** later? :blink:

Looks like I paid a little more than I should have(which is a first for me) BUT

I must admit when I had a problem with the Nec the retailer rang Nec and they were out the next day.

Its going to be changed over as soon as the new one comes in.

In turn Im now using the original plasma till that happens.

So in my case I dont have any dramas paying that little bit more .

Angelo :blink:

It's a shame I'm no longer in Melbourne! However, the 12-gauge and hounds usually ensure good after sales support. :ph34r:

Yet another reason why I don't like purchasing anything over the 'net. How much has one really 'saved' if the hounds can't find the b****** later? :blink:

You left this fantastic city WHY WHY WHY :P

Glenncol, when you PM'd us for tech help we offered it to you. :blink:

You can ask the DBA about our reputation http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?display=news&newsID=591 we were asked to provide technical set up for the recent retailer night. We are DBA members, we have no shop front hence the costs and savings are passed onto consumer. We've been in business 20 years and if you havn't seen us before then perhaps that's the reasons for your comments. If anything we are possibly the best qualified to provide tech support as we DO install and sell these items.

Thanks

Glenncol, when you PM'd us for tech help we offered it to you. :blink:

You can ask the DBA about our reputation http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?display=news&newsID=591 we were asked to provide technical set up for the recent retailer night. We are DBA members, we have no shop front hence the costs and savings are passed onto consumer. We'eve been in business 20 years and if you havn't seen us before then perhaps that's the reasons for your comments. If anything we are possibly the best qualified to provide tech support as we DO install and sell these items.

Thanks

Uuum thanks for clearing that up i wasnt refering to you guys and until 30 seconds ago didnt know you dont opperate from a show front.

Nothing can do more harm to any product than announcing a run out sale on a model just released so clearing this up would be great.

Also while on the subject peopel oerating with out shop fronts if you were to get a call froma customer wanting to audition the new NEC could you accomodate?

Also while on the subject peopel oerating with out shop fronts if you were to get a call froma customer wanting to audition the new NEC could you accomodate?

... and this is my problem!!! (Though in this case, I feel comfortable enough to go on Glencol's and Angelo's recommendations - who else in the world has tried so many plasmas at home with top-notch setups?!!)

I've just put the hounds back in the kennel after a hunting trip through central Brisbane in 25deg sunshine (does that answer your question, Glen?) - and the little beggars didn't pick up even a sniff of a 42XM3!

HN tried ransacking every other store in the country when I showed them the 12-gauge cash - but they only have the V models (VGA ie. 852x480) in their system, not the X models (XGA ie. 1024x768), in 42".

JB don't carry them and I couldn't find a Betta. That exhausted the likely price-matchers (though I might try calling my favourite Betta and a mate at "The Real Clive" on Monday - though I don't hold much hope for either of them having current models).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glenncol,

Not a run out sale, perhaps the terminology could be taken the wrong way. Run out as, at that price they have been running out aka moving very fast out of the store.

In regards to people viewing it, as mentioned we do not have the shop front. Hence the price.

We're installers first, but offer items for retail sale through the web that we do actually install. http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=88

alebonau, Point taken thankyou. You'll notice the signature provides a link and our Logo is on the DBA main site.

Thanks