Sign in to follow this  
glenncol

NEW NEC HD Plasma

Well one is to assume the fan plays an important part in some displays then having a lot of experience with equipement that has fans to control temperature,if it totally fails then there should be a shut down of the display but that depends on the fan circuit I just hope they have a pulse counter rather than detect loss of voltage! I've seen computer board destroyed because of the voltage sensor method and it dosen't help when they don't use ball bearings on the fan unlike the cheap brushless type

cheers laurie

HEy Angelo you are very quiet on the NEC front

Hes probably watching telly!

Has anyone bought the 42inch set? is it as good as the 50incher?

No Im just going through what this plasma can do.

Far out I,ve just found out that if I can find the right cable I can go direct from Foxtel RGB Scart to the BNC connectors on the plasma.

The picture processing done by the plasma on s-video really is fantastic.

I,ve also found that the PQ on component to be better and alot brighter than DVI so far which has surprised me.

Nec has agreed to swap my plasma over for a new one as they also found my plasmas fans to be very noise as well. I could really ask for my money back but the term "what the hell for" springs to mind.

YES THERE IS A FIRST FOR EVERY THING !!!!!

Angelo :blink:

Far out I,ve just found out that if I can find the right cable I can go direct from Foxtel RGB Scart to the BNC connectors on the plasma.

Nec has agreed to swap my plasma over for a new one as they also found my plasmas fans to be very noise as well. I could really ask for my money back but the term "what the hell for" springs to mind.

What about going the 42"

Hes probably watching telly!

Has anyone bought the 42inch set? is it as good as the 50incher?

I am going the 42" as soon as it comes in hopefully tomorrow

What about going the 42"

Once youve lived with a 50inch you just cant go back to a 42inch it just seems too small.

What about going the 42"

Once youve lived with a 50inch you just cant go back to a 42inch it just seems too small.

Still feel your sitting to close?

What are you noticing or not likeing sitting that close?

Isn’t that funny, at first you thought a 50” was going to be too big but you got used to it quickly, as I thought you might.

Soon you will want a 60”. :blink:

Regards,

Owen

What about going the 42"

This is what Ive found out so far about what was making me giddy, its the motion gitterness which all 50 inch plasmas suffer from ( when you stand 3 meters or more away it tends not to be as bad).

Tonight I tried using component and I can switch back and forth from DVI and component and have found that its not as bad on component.

Angelo

Isn’t that funny, at first you thought a 50” was going to be too big but you got used to it quickly, as I thought you might.

Soon you will want a 60”. :P 

Regards,

Owen

Funny you should say that because when they offered me my money back that was the first thing which jumped to my mind ahh a 60inch !!!

What about going the 42"

This is what Ive found out so far about what was making me giddy, its the motion gitterness which all 50 inch plasmas suffer from ( when you stand 3 meters or more away it tends not to be as bad).

Tonight I tried using component and I can switch back and forth from DVI and component and have found that its not as bad on component.

Angelo

When i looked at the 50 i was standing between 3 and 3.7 meters from the screen and noticed a little noise whochi thougght would annoy me after a while at those distances

Angelo :P

What about going the 42"

Angelo

When i looked at the 50 i was standing between 3 and 3.7 meters from the screen and noticed a little noise whochi thougght would annoy me after a while at those distances

As I said before Im starting to prefer the component connection for this very reason(sh#t should not have sold the Toshi stb after all :blink: )

What about going the 42"

Angelo

As I said before Im starting to prefer the component connection for this very reason(sh#t should not have sold the Toshi stb after all :blink: )

Funny you should say that because when looking at the 50 it was with the NEC HD box via component

What about going the 42"

Angelo

Funny you should say that because when looking at the 50 it was with the NEC HD box via component

Far out lucky you didnt see it on DVI.

I,ll catch you tomorrow when you get yours and see what you think of it .

Cheers Angelo

hmmm.. that's the point I was making a few pages back SIZE do really count as a visual impact! now a 60" is one mother of a display

cheers laurie

hmmm.. that's the point I was making a few pages back SIZE do really count as a visual impact! now a 60" is one mother of a display

cheers laurie

Now I know Ive heard that quote before but it wasnt about a display............. :blink:

Angelo

That was possible on the X1 too you know Angelo, a lot of panels can take RGB with sync on green which is what scart is. All you need though is a special cable to take the scart rgb pins into a bnc or vga cable and just link the Red/Green/blue pins to the vga/bnc RGB pins.

That was possible on the X1 too you know Angelo, a lot of panels can take RGB with sync on green which is what scart is. All you need though is a special cable to take the scart rgb pins into a bnc or vga cable and just link the Red/Green/blue pins to the vga/bnc RGB pins.

No I didnt know that.I wonder where you could find such a cable ?

Interesting note that the Sony 50inch X1 is made in Japan and not Korea and has no issues with DVI HDTV.

Angelo

Just a quick update on DVI vrs Component, just watched the Ch90 Loop and its like chalk and cheese DVI wins hands down.

So Ive just wired up both component and dvi, so on a bad picture source Ill watch it on component and on a good picture source Ill watch it on DVI , just with a push of a button.

Hehe no amount of switching is gonna fix the bad content problem. :blink: Which has been my main issue for a long time with FTA.

Interesting note that the Sony 50inch X1 is made in Japan and not Korea and has no issues with DVI HDTV.

That's not unusual, for a long time now sony's pfm series has had a different supplier for the 50inch glass and most of the electronic compared to the 42/32inch units. Actually a lot of sony's panels are quite varied in features, since they've never made their own glass and basically oem the panels from various suppliers these days.

I just picked up the 42" NEC XR3 and was told another forum member walked while i was walking our who was that?

I just picked up the 42" NEC XR3 and was told another forum member walked while i was walking our who was that?

Wasnt me, but i wish it was ;-)

I am considering trying the LG again as well as a Topfield PVR any opinions on this