NEW NEC HD Plasma

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am considering trying the LG again as well as a Topfield PVR any opinions on this

You havent got a stb yet, mate that must be killing with a brand new toy in your hands. :blink:

Angelo

Tell me about it i was going ot call past and grab one on the way back this afternoon but the traffic gave me the shits so much i just went home.

besides i had my misses with me who just had a day op yesterday and wasnt feeling well

I am considering trying the LG again as well as a Topfield PVR any opinions on this

what about the TEAC HD box glencol. don't want to try it with that?

Yeah sorry dude that goes without saying my brother inlaw will be bringing his over but my gut feel is that the LG looked that little bit better

besides i had my misses with me who just had a day op yesterday and wasnt feeling well

Mate whats that got to do with it.....man get your priorities right, nothing stands in the way of a new toy !!!!!

Just kidding

Angelo :P

Damn what am i thinking shopuld have left her home (Hope she dont read this :blink:)

Quick note on the NEC 42XR3W

I watched Australian Idol tonight (My wife Loves it NOT ME) and was expecting to see solarisation as i had before with the Marantz

To my supprise not once did i see any at all which is a real good start as shows like this show solarisation like nothing .

The PQ IS fantastic as i expected this thing craps all over the Marantz its a none event.

This week end will be full on for us i have arranged the following testing.

LG STB V Teac STB V Toshiba S25 V Panasonic new model.

NEC XR3W V Hitachi PD 5000MA V Panasonic 42PHW6AZ tried to get another mates Pioneer but he is busy.

If we get time i will also be testing a Rotel 1095 V ME555 and a Servo 15 V Velodyn HG 15"

This will be fun and its really going to piss the neigbours off

I watched Australian Idol tonight (My wife Loves it NOT ME) and was expecting to see solarisation as i had before with the Marantz

To my supprise not once did i see any at all which is a real good start as shows like this show solarisation like nothing .

The PQ IS fantastic as i expected this thing craps all over the Marantz its a none event.

NEC XR3W V Hitachi PD 5000MA V Panasonic 42PHW6AZ tried to get another mates Pioneer but he is busy.

If we get time i will also be testing a Rotel 1095 V ME555 and a Servo 15 V Velodyn HG 15"

Hi Glenncol, have you considered the Homecast HT 5000 HDSTB? Got mine this week and it seems to work great on the Metz Artos 78cm TV. Am yet to see how it performs on the 50" NEC Plasma as I'm still waiting on EHome to get our unit in. The wife wanted the Charcoal frame (and so did I really), so that has meant a delay. Did you get a silver framed unit?

Hi Glenncol, have you considered the Homecast HT 5000 HDSTB? Got mine this week and it seems to work great on the Metz Artos 78cm TV. Am yet to see how it performs on the 50" NEC Plasma as I'm still waiting on EHome to get our unit in. The wife wanted the Charcoal frame (and so did I really), so that has meant a delay. Did you get a silver framed unit?

I will try the Homecast sooner or later

They did not have a blck 42" so i got the silver and thye had a brand new black frame they changed for me

Ah the gear has started to arrive this is gunna be heaps of fun :blink:

Just ordered the LG and will install the latest firmware so hopefully you will let me know your experiences with it.

Hey Spero

IMHO cancell the order and buy the Teac so far it has killed to competion on my testing

Just ordered the LG and will install the latest firmware so hopefully you will let me know your experiences with it.

Hey Spero

IMHO cancell the order and buy the Teac so far it has killed to competion on my testing

Well thats good to know for us teac HD box owners ! are you saying the Teac is the KING !

but there is one other lurking in the shadows glencol - the homecast !

Hey Spero

Well thats good to know for us teac HD box owners ! are you saying the Teac is the KING !

but there is one other lurking in the shadows glencol - the homecast !

So far the Teac is on top

The guy nextdoor got wind of a testing weekend so he is brining over his Toshi S25 so we can go head to head via VGA and component.

As far as the subs go the Paradigm wipped the Velo's butt and with that being said i have to replace a crystal vase for the wife bloody thing vibrated of the wall unit.

Amps the ME555 is a nice amp but for my money i will be staying with the Rotel1095 all that were there agreed the Rotel was sounded better.

Plasma's so far

The NEC kicked the other two in all respects and the blacks on the NEC are a slight bit lighter than the pana

Well i've always been pretty keen to know how the teac hd box compares to the tosh25 in regards PQ on both HD and SD so will be interested in how you go glencol

Will post either latter tonight of tomorrow depends how we feel as tonight is also is a Galliano night (Black, Red , Clear , Blue and espresso) mmmmm Love Galliano :blink:

You say the NEC kicked the other plasmas butt, but was not as good as the Pana in contrast ratio, however by itself would you say the black levels are still excellent?

How about video motion, any film artefacts/smearing etc? I am aware the fuji is the best in this department in regards to fast action/movement.

Specs say 4096 gray levels and some 6 billion colours, does anyone know is this is 12 bit processing?

Sorry for so many questions, trying to decide between new NEC HD and the fuji VHA30 (SD).

Cheers.

Well i've always been pretty keen to know how the teac hd box compares to the tosh25 in regards PQ on both HD and SD so will be interested in how you go glencol

Will post either latter tonight of tomorrow depends how we feel as tonight is also is a Galliano night (Black, Red , Clear , Blue and espresso) mmmmm Love Galliano :blink:

Stay with the Yellow Galliano my friend, its a bit like the NEC plasma and Teac combo when your on a good thing stick to it.

Angelo

You say the NEC kicked the other plasmas butt, but was not as good as the Pana in contrast ratio, however by itself would you say the black levels are still excellent? = ITS BRILLANT

How about video motion = The 50 inch does suffer from it but your eyes get used to it after a while, any film artefacts/smearing etc?= none what so ever. I am aware the fuji is the best in this department in regards to fast action/movement.= I seen the  50 inch Fuji in action and it isnt any better than the NEC infact its worse.Specs say 4096 gray levels and some 6 billion colours, does anyone know is this is 12 bit processing?=YES

Sorry for so many questions, trying to decide between new NEC HD and the fuji VHA30 (SD)Cheers.. Your comparing chalk with cheese, the Fuji is yesterdays hero

Angelo