NEW NEC HD Plasma

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Glenncol. Thought that might be so!

Hard to find up-to-date specs online.

Not your fault dude

What i dont like about that link is that thay stating the specs of the new XR with the old model number

People may not check and get ripped off

Mate I can tell you will need to turn down the sharpness and colour as its factory settings are set too high.

Thanks for everyones replys on viewing distance I can tell you that 2.7 m is way too close it physically made me ill watching it today. I feel like Ive been on a rollercoaster.

Angelo :blink:

What ya gunna do?

I really should have gone for the 42inch, but when I saw the 50inch I just had to have it.

Just be careful if you looking at the 42inch there is 2 models in that one .

One has higher specs

Angelo

Dude if you want ot go the 42" i really think you can change it a this early stage

Have a chat to your retailer

No screen door effect but I,m starting to think I should have gone for a 42cm as I cant change my seating postion.

After spending all day adjusting it , it made me feel kinda sick.

I think the viewing distance should be at least 3 to 4 meters.

Angelo

Do you get sick at the movies or IMAX? :blink:

How on earth do you get that cinematic feel when you have to sit 4 meters away from a 50 inch screen?

When people are claiming fantastic PQ with their plasma, I hope its not based on sitting miles away from the screen...

No screen door effect but I,m starting to think I should have gone for a 42cm as I cant change my seating postion.

After spending all day adjusting it , it made me feel kinda sick.

I think the viewing distance should be at least 3 to 4 meters.

Angelo

Do you get sick at the movies or IMAX? :blink:

How on earth do you get that cinematic feel when you have to sit 4 meters away from a 50 inch screen?

When people are claiming fantastic PQ with their plasma, I hope its not based on sitting miles away from the screen...

yes I do if I sit in the front row - often happens when we don't bother to book and get the last available seats for a blockbuster (it would seem these are the least desired seating position for most people).

By the way how can you possibly compare with a movie theatre - any clues to the image quality with this - I have heard its around 12 megapixel from film - how can you possibly even think of making comparisons with the 1-2 megapixels we are looking at when we are talking plasma.

Anyone sitting less than 3m from a 50" screen is either nuts, badly in the need for some decent glasses or wants to see all the flaws and artifacts of a SD picture on a screen this size or watch it through a screen door. Just don't think the 50" plasma resolutions are upto it just yet for sitting so close to the screen.

edit - guys you sure your not being a bit premature with jumping to the new NECs - have you compared it with the new pioneers (I really think this could be bit of a benchmark) plus theres the new HD integrated LGs due - I know (shudder, cold sweat, shiver up the spine with the LGs but hey it could be a great product). Theres also some new hitachis around the corner with some pretty awesome specs. What I'm saying is these screens are still reasonable money and why not just wait a little to make sure you pick the best screen for your hard earned.

Anyone sitting less than 3m from a 50" screen is either nuts, badly in the need for some decent glasses or wants to see all the flaws and artifacts of a SD picture on a screen this size or watch it through a screen door. Just don't think the 50" plasma resolutions are upto it just yet for sitting so close to the screen.

Looks like your right.. I'll stick with my 47 inch HD CRT RPTV for the moment I think...

I'll wait for the 1080p digital displays I guess

Any comments please.

Regarding your feedback, you have received a message from Ms Anghelas Sofica ( ELITE Electronics. ) via Alibaba.com.

To respond, please reply this email.

Company : ELITE Electronics. [Trading Company]

Name : Ms Anghelas Sofica

Subject : Samsung 63 Ppm63h3 ELITE Electronics

Date : Sat Sep 04 06:03:44 PDT 2004

My name is Anghelas Sofica manager of ELITE Electronics.

Minimum Order 4 uinits

SAMSUNG PPM63H3 63" HDTV PLASMA

NEC 61MP1 61" HDTV PLASMA

Price unit=$2500 USD

Screen Size: 63"

Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Resolution: 1366 x 768

Brightness: 700 Cd/m2 (typical)

Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (typical)

HD/SD Compatibility: 1080i/720p/480p/480i, C-Video, S-Video, and RGB HD

PC Compatibility: VGA, SVGA, XGA

Horizontal Frequency: 31 to 80 kHz

Vertical Frequency: 56 to 85 Hz

Input Terminals

RGB: 1 x D Sub 15-pin

RGB 2: 1 x 5 BNC (RGB/H/V)

HD / SD Component Video: 1 x 3 BNC (Y Pb Pr) AND 1 x 3 RCA (Y Pb Pr)

Composite Video: 1 x 1 BNC

S-Video: 1 x 4pin DIN

DVI: 1 x 29 pin

Output Terminals

Speakers Out: 7W + 7W

RS-232: 1 x mini jack

Special Features

Multi-layer Anti-Reflection Filter

Auto pixel shift

Digital noise reduction

Progressive scan

Variable aspect ratio (6 modes available:Wide, 4:3, Panorama, Stretch,Zoom 1, Zoom 2)

Picture-in-picture

Clock phase adjustment

Real time clock

Digital Power Management System

Digital Zoom (up to 10x,pan and freeze)

Remote Control: Infrared (Included)

Viewing Angle

Horizontal - 160o

Vertical - 160o

Warranty

1 year parts and labor

All Samsung plasma displays come with Samsung's industry-leading 24/7 technical support.

Power Consumption: 720W

Weight: 154.4 lbs.

Dimensions (WxHxD): 61.65" x 35.9" x 3.5"

Operating Conditions

Temperature: 32o - 104oF

Humidity: 20-80%, RH, noncondensing

Altitude: 6,500 feet

Safety Regulations: UL, CSA, FCC Class A

Dimensions (WxHxD): Power cable, PC signal cable (analog 15-pin, Remote Control, S-video Cable, RS232C Cable, Installation CD

We will shipp the product imediatly free through UPS. If you don't like the product you have 90 days from receiving to return the product back on our cost. We shipp the product world wide. For the payment we accept only a bank account.

More Sender Information

E-mail : manager_elite_electronics@yahoo.com

Country/Territory : Spain

City : Madrid

Address : Avenida De Alfonso Xiii No.100

Phone : 003-462-9181245

Fax : 003-462-9191245

If you have received this email by mistake or have any questions regarding it, simply contact us at alibaba@alibaba-inc.com

Privacy Policy - Terms of Use - Safe Trading Tips

Copyright Notice © 1999-2004 Alibaba.com Corporation.

Dont tell me we have to put up with con men in here to

Hey Angelo

I went out to see the NEC 50" today all i can say is bloody nice but due ot size restrictions i think i will go the 42".

the 42" is due in next week so i will call past after work one night and if its half of what i have heard and it fits in the car i will bring it home and if it dont fit i will have to wait until Satureday for delivery.

Guys all who are in the market for a 50 " Plasma DO NOT pass up the oppertunity to audition the NEC XR4 50" plasma its awesome just wish i had more room in the my living room.

Also i am not saying this for any reason other than calling an Ace a Ace and a spade a spade i viewed the NEC at e-Home in Carnegie these guys know their stuff thank god and very easy to deal with.

These guys also stock the Paradign Studio reference series speakers now if you want some high ends speakers that will blow you away have a listen (Trying not to be biased)

Another positive report here. Personally i am into projectors but my dad was looking for a plasma and on my recommendation has now owned the 50xr4w for over 2 weeks. Its a very nice product and with a quality HD feed is as good as anything out there right now.

As has been said it is very revealing of poor sources. Suprisngly Foxtel digital using the scart to component converter box looks pretty good on it also.

One issue you might all want to be aware of. Its been rumoured only the silver version is HDCP compliant on its DVI input. Since my Dad wanted silver i didnt bother looking into this further but if your considering the charcoal check into it.

I paid 8K which included insured shipping to Perth, Desktop stand AND a HD set top box. The STB was the new NEC which doesnt have DVI but given the total price i decided it would be fine for my dad.

When you factor in:

1. 3 year on site warranty

2. Excellent PQ

3. Not having to pay for items like speakers and media boxes you dont need

4. Excellent input options without having to pay for blade input cards like the commercial Panasonics and Pioneers

5. Slim bezel

It really is a great option for those looking for a 50 inch HD plasma.

Another positive report here. Personally i am into projectors but my dad was looking for a plasma and on my recommendation has now owned the 50xr4w for over 2 weeks. Its a very nice product and with a quality HD feed is as good as anything out there right now.

As has been said it is very revealing of poor sources. Suprisngly Foxtel digital using the scart to component converter box looks pretty good on it also.

One issue you might all want to be aware of. Its been rumoured only the silver version is HDCP compliant on its DVI input. Since my Dad wanted silver i didnt bother looking into this further but if your considering the charcoal check into it.

I paid 8K which included insured shipping to Perth, Desktop stand AND a HD set top box. The STB was the new NEC which doesnt have DVI but given the total price i decided it would be fine for my dad.

When you factor in:

1. 3 year on site warranty

2. Excellent PQ

3. Not having to pay for crap like speakers and media boxes you dont need

4. Excellent input options without having to pay for blade input cards like the commercial Pannasonics and Pioneers

5. Slim bezel

It really is a great option for those looking for a 50 inch HD plasma.

Now thats a good price

Is that why it came with a dvi to hdcp cable !

I paid 8K which included insured shipping to Perth, Desktop stand AND a HD set top box.

Holy cow and I thought I got a got price !

I watched the AFL grand final on it yesterday and I sure as hell know this one hasnt got any problems and its here to stay.

Angelo :blink:

Still enjoying it

No probs that you can see so far?

Angelo what one did you get the Silver or Charcol

I got the silver one as I didnt have a choice, when the delivery guy dropped it off he said they have been on back order for 4 weeks and he was surprised I got mine so quickly.

Still enjoying it

I got the silver one as I didnt have a choice, when the delivery guy dropped it off he said they have been on back order for 4 weeks and he was surprised I got mine so quickly.

Ive had it going almost 48 hours straight and shes still apples.

Could this plasma go where no other plasma or tv has been before and thats to stay in my lounge room for good !!! :blink:

Look like you moght me be there dude

How does HDTV look on this baby

Still enjoying it

Could this plasma go where no other plasma or tv has been before and thats to stay in my lounge room for good !!! :blink:

Look like you moght me be there dude

How does HDTV look on this baby

Still enjoying it

STUNNING !!!

Hey Laurie

It is a bit of a difference at 3 meters the 50 is till hugh where the 42" is just right

Glen

To your eyes was the 50" much bigger that the 42"[yeh I know.. it's 8" bigger] some displays look to the eyes just as big as the next size up as oppose going from 32" to 42"

cheers laurie

Angelo,

I have a couple of questions about the new 50" NEC unit:

- How hot does your new NEC plasma get? DO you think it would build up heat if enclosed in a cabinet? I live in Brisbane and it gets pretty hot up here for most of the year.

- Would you say that the fan is noisy during quiet movie passages?

- Do you have an upscaling set top box or PC which can make the NEC display at its native panel resolution (768 x 1366) at 50/75 or 100Hz?

- Do you notice any judder on the unit?

- How well does the plasma resolve details in dark scenes (eg. in comparison the the panasonic which has the best contrast ratio)?

Regards.

Dean