NEW NEC HD Plasma

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent. Being in the market for a HD plasma, I'll be very interested to see your take on this model. Will head on down there to have a look at it myself when time permits. Hopefully they'll also have the 50" model.

I didnt ask about the 50" you might want to give them a call

Well saw the 50XR4W today and liked it so much I bought it.

I spent 3 hours putting in different DVI connections and it played beautifully.

The thing that got me was you could change the vertical & h and a whole host of other controls which I havent seen on any other Plasma through DVI.

It also comes with a 3 year warranty.

Im getting mine tomorrow and as is always the case TIME WILL TELL.

Angelo

The thing that got me was you could change the vertical & h and a whole host of other controls which I havent seen on any other Plasma through DVI.

Angelo

Bloody hell dude that was fast

What did you get it for?

Is it that good?

That's one thing I like about you Angelo your not a tyre kicker...hope its all you want in a display :blink:

cheers laurie

ps Angelo now has his own ABN number he has now qualified for wholesale status :P

yes Angelo me very cheeky boy...!!

The thing that got me was you could change the vertical & h  and a whole host of other controls which I havent seen on any other Plasma through DVI.

Angelo

What did you get it for?

Is it that good?

I was looking for a panel which gave me the same PQ as the Sony I had but with a DVI input which had no quirks.

I was going for the 42cm but when I saw the 50inch right next to the Pioneer and the new Panasonic 50cm , it made me look twice.

I had a play with it and it bet the Panasonic by a country mile and it match the Poineer (which I still think is one of the best plasmas along side the Fuji Ive ever seen.)

I made the salesperson throw in a DVI monster cable for free(which would you believe retails for a frign $425).

So in total I got the stand, 3 year warranty, DVI monster cable and free delivery for $8400 which only worked out $1800 more than the Sony 42cm.

The retail price was $11000.

Angelo

The thing that got me was you could change the vertical & h  and a whole host of other controls which I havent seen on any other Plasma through DVI.

Angelo

What did you get it for?

Is it that good?

I was looking for a panel which gave me the same PQ as the Sony I had but with a DVI input which had no quirks.

I was going for the 42cm but when I saw the 50inch right next to the Pioneer and the new Panasonic 50cm , it made me look twice.

I had a play with it and it bet the Panasonic by a country mile and it match the Poineer (which I still think is one of the best plasmas along side the Fuji Ive ever seen.)

I made the salesperson throw in a DVI monster cable for free(which would you believe retails for a frign $425).

So in total I got the stand, 3 year warranty, DVI monster cable and free delivery for $8400 which only worked out $1800 more than the Sony 42cm.

The retail price was $11000.

Angelo

damn i am looking at the 50"

Wife just told me one of her friends at work's husband works at NEC communications maybe i can score a staff discount

Angelo

So is the old Sony for sale, or going back to the retailer?

cheers,

Ritesh

PS: BTW, the Hitachi let's you play with the H and V values, haven't tried just yet though....

Angelo

So is the old Sony for sale, or going back to the retailer?

cheers,

Ritesh

PS: BTW, the Hitachi let's you play with the H and V values, haven't tried just yet though....

When back to the retailer.

Angelo

If it's as good in the flesh as it 's specs suggest then I might have to consider selling the Hitachi...

4096 grey levels and 68.7 billion colours - wow!

A nice range of inputs too

Does it come in black or charcoal? I hate those bright silver panels....

NEC have a good name in PC monitors and projectors - it looks like this one might be a winner if the price is right which it looks to be at around the $8k mark

Angelo does the nec allow you to adjust the size of the H/V or just allow you to shift H/V with dvi inputs? Otherwise you may be in the same dilema you had with the sony.

What are the blacks like on this unit? NEC never show any contrast ratio specs so just curious how they are compared to other units.

It's a good price btw, it's great to see these 50's comming down in price, there's hope that a 60 inch will be at a decent price when I retire the 42inch in 2-3 years.

this one might be a winner if the price is right which it looks to be at around the $8k mark

Ok guys

I am going in

Satureday morning i an going down to check this puppy out with a price in mind.

It was suggested to me today go in at $7500 and expect to wal out with the unit at $7750.00

For those interdted you should be able to get the 42" for around $5800

Angelo does the nec allow you to adjust the size of the H/V or just allow you to shift H/V with dvi inputs? Otherwise you may be in the same dilema you had with the sony.

What are the blacks like on this unit? NEC never show any contrast ratio specs so just curious how they are compared to other units.

It's a good price btw, it's great to see these 50's comming down in price, there's hope that a 60 inch will be at a decent price when I retire the 42inch in 2-3 years.

Hi Mozmo

Yep you can adjust H/V but you dont have to as I made sure it didnt have the same problem as the Sony.

The blacks are very good, there is a control which allows deep or light blacks.

The only thing that I know you would hate (including myself on mute you can hear the fan !)

Angelo

this one might be a winner if the price is right which it looks to be at around the $8k mark

Ok guys

I am going in

It was suggested to me today go in at $7500 and expect to wal out with the unit at $7750.00

Unless you took a gun with you I don,t think your gonna get close to that price.

Angelo :blink:

Well I have a good play with it and I can tell you on DVI when the picture quality is good its picture is jaw droppingly good, but if the picture source is bad MATE ITS BAD.The Ch70 Loop is the worst Ive ever seen it yet the CH90 Loop is bloody fantastic , there is no fast motion pixelation as well.

The DVI connection is the best connection when the PQ is good, but when its bad the component connection softens the picture and does look better.

The 50inch shows every piece of picture artifact there is. Im sitting around 2.7m away from the screen which I think is too close. What would be the perfect distance for a 50inch ?

There is about 1 billion adjustments you can make under the menu. :blink:

Its SD (foxtel and dvd) picture is brillant as well.

Ill write more as time goes on.

Angelo

Hi Mozmo

Yep you can adjust H/V but you dont have to as I made sure it didnt have the same problem as the Sony.

The blacks are very good, there is a control which allows deep or light blacks.

The only thing that I know you would hate (including myself on mute you can hear the fan !)

Angelo

I had the fan on the Marantz as well trust me you wont notice it after the first week

Ok guys

I am going in

Unless you took a gun with you I don,t think your gonna get close to that price.

Angelo :blink:

A little insode info has come to hand

The ideal viewing distance for the 50" is 4.3mtrs. Hope you have a BIG room

Beg to differ, suggested viewing distance is normally around 1.5-1.7 times diagonal measurement. So as 50" is 1.27mtr, viewing distance should be between 1.90-2.16mtr

For my 2.13 screen I'm around 3.4mtr back and get a great view, based on your calculation I'd need to be around 7.2mtr back - which means I'd be sitting in the back yard :blink: