Show us your Turntables!!!

My refurbished Commonwealth 12C is custom rock maple plinth/stand and Schroder CB tonearm. New cartridge to come. Golden Age Audio Reference Phono 

3A4DFD06-061A-4F55-8A17-2278D34E4403.jpeg

5D0C43AA-B491-4A52-AB00-ECD026E0A456.jpeg

60CCC099-B0F5-47DE-BE7F-ACF9673CA369.jpeg

2B4B7F93-517A-4B54-9405-47608E780386.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Love 2
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My refurbished Commonwealth 12C is custom rock maple plinth/stand and Schroder CB tonearm. New cartridge to come. Golden Age Audio Reference Phono 

Been a long time since I posted any new pics in this amazing thread.   After a complete ground up rebuild by SNA maestro @Shark, including an engineering masterpiece of a plinth with built-i

My Garrad 401 project is almost done . Brand new in box garrad 401 + custome made plattter/mat with sme 3012 & fr 64 fx tonearm . Some photos show how it is . Plinth is in final stage still need t

5 hours ago, springcreek said:

Forgot to add in the custom delrin platter top

FF79F133-5FE9-49A5-B07B-067120CEFEE7.jpeg

Gorgeous wood frame/rack.

Must be an optical illusion / angle of photo looks like arm doesnae have enough reach ?  

• Like 2
12 hours ago, springcreek said:

Wow! 

I love it. 

That is a special piece doing justice to great Australian engineering. 

Just wonderful. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Wow! 

I love it. 

That is a special piece doing justice to great Australian engineering. 

Just wonderful. 

Thank you very much. I wanted to pay homage to the professional transcription heritage of these great idlers. I really love the way they make music 🎵 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wen said:

It sounds good just looking at it.....drool

Yes...I'm wondering when's the opening night for it's first performance...I want a ticket front row! :) 

• Like 1
On 22/07/2020 at 9:35 AM, springcreek said:

Forgot to add in the custom delrin platter top

FF79F133-5FE9-49A5-B07B-067120CEFEE7.jpeg

21 hours ago, 2Brix said:

Gorgeous wood frame/rack.

Must be an optical illusion / angle of photo looks like arm doesnae have enough reach ?  

Hello springcreek, the Commonwealth looks great and nice job on the stand/plinth too. What have you done re isolation for the deck and arm when the cartridge is fitted and you're playing albums? Also good to see one of Duc's phono preamps again too.

I agree with 2Brix also, that it's probably an optical illusion, but the Schroeder arm P2S distance looks to be too much, but I'm sure you've set it at precisely 222 mm. I'm assuming it is the CB 9" arm.....................it's not the CB-L 12" [11.1"] is it?

What cartridge are you fitting to the Schroeder arm?

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 2

On 22/07/2020 at 9:29 AM, springcreek said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 22/07/2020 at 7:29 AM, springcreek said:

Springcreek. Really nice 12C and custome table there! The 12C seem to be a less common model of the CE t/t's? Have you had it running and playing records. If so, what does it sound like?

I see you retain the grey light tower and have changed the 2 knobs. Those bakelite type knobs dont age well. Is that the 12C Duc restored for you? I have a very good condition original 12C (and 12B) and appreciate the design and styling

go well and enjoy what it does

21 hours ago, Analog Revenge said:

Would you have a picture with the dust cap closed on it Please?

It is stunning. 

Hi, not sure what you mean dust cap?

4 hours ago, aertex said:

Springcreek. Really nice 12C and custome table there! The 12C seem to be a less common model of the CE t/t's? Have you had it running and playing records. If so, what does it sound like?

I see you retain the grey light tower and have changed the 2 knobs. Those bakelite type knobs dont age well. Is that the 12C Duc restored for you? I have a very good condition original 12C (and 12B) and appreciate the design and styling

go well and enjoy what it does

Thank you, yes this is one Duc did. He really did a wonderful job. I have used the table for around two years with various arms. I love the drive, dynamics and scale of these wonderful big idlers. I had a lovely Micro-seiki before this and as good as it was I much prefer idlers. You are lucky to have two one those wonderful turntables. Something to cherish 🙂

8 hours ago, cheekyboy said:

Hello springcreek, the Commonwealth looks great and nice job on the stand/plinth too. What have you done re isolation for the deck and arm when the cartridge is fitted and you're playing albums? Also good to see one of Duc's phono preamps again too.

I agree with 2Brix also, that it's probably an optical illusion, but the Schroeder arm P2S distance looks to be too much, but I'm sure you've set it at precisely 222 mm. I'm assuming it is the CB 9" arm.....................it's not the CB-L 12" [11.1"] is it?

What cartridge are you fitting to the Schroeder arm?

Cheers,

Keith

Hey Keith 🙂 thanks for the lovely comment. You are right the current arm board is cut for my previous 12 inch arm, the Peak by Stefano Bertoncello. I am waiting for a new arm board for the CB-9. I am working with Mark Doehmann to construct a multilayered arm board that provides isolation from the plinth. I will most likely be starting with a Soundsmith Carmen at this stage but I am also very fond of Decca’s. 

Regards, Andy

• Like 2
8 hours ago, BLAH BLAH said:

Yes...I'm wondering when's the opening night for it's first performance...I want a ticket front row! :) 

You are welcome to visit and have a listen 🙂

• Love 1
1 hour ago, springcreek said:

Hi, not sure what you mean dust cap?

I can see 2 slots at the back of "The Butchers block" Table that could be for a dust cover to protect the table from dust etc!

The Butchers blok I say with the most respect as we have an antique Butchers blok from about 60 years being in the family and now I know what I can do with it seeing your ceation and it being stunning! 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Grizzly said:

The hovercraft😊

Wow, Ant!  It's a first for me to see this tech even on computer screen. Super cool. Bet it sounds the part.

• Like 1

Nicer to look at than anything.

Very messy signal chain here too, one of the (dual) tape outputs is run through a boring modern AV receiver.

Thank goodness it's not my main system.

Dual 1214 (AT 120E, Jico stylus), Teac A-450 tape, Realistic STA-52 receiver.

woodgrain.jpg

Edited by spaceritual
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, spaceritual said:

Nicer to look at than anything.

Very messy signal chain here too, one of the (dual) tape outputs is run through a boring modern AV receiver.

Thank goodness it's not my main system.

Dual 1214 (AT 120E, Jico stylus), Teac A-450 tape, Realistic STA-52 receiver.

woodgrain.jpg

I have a soft spot for old Duals, the engineering is wonderful!

• Love 1
On 08/07/2020 at 6:28 PM, Setiawan said:

Made a new base board for my Luxman PD-284 out of 16mm MDF. Also added some aluminium shoes. It's like it's sitting on mini-platters!

107035069_10158283554069985_5114047729313379330_o.jpg

I bet the MDF bottom plate tightened the sound up sustantially, that is what I did to my 264.

• Like 5
On 24/07/2020 at 6:52 AM, Grizzly said:

I have a soft spot for old Duals, the engineering is wonderful!

This is the only Dual I've had. I don't think I'll hold onto it, really awkward for manual use. If the arm-lift is up, trying to move the tone arm feels like you're about to break something. Those motors can get really hot, too.

53 minutes ago, wen said:

the base looks very retro, nice

Was about to say the same! What's it made of?

Made in the 1960 era.    (I guess the same time frame as my Elac Miracord 610.}

Very wanted and admired!

These were made to last fore ever before the trow away era!

Another one is the Thorens 126.

It is the pick of the later series and the one designated The "Transcription" Turn table.

Both are hard to come by.

elac TT angle.jpg

• Like 1

The old Scan Dyna had been sitting neglected on a shelf with a crooked stylus for the last few years. Decided it was high time I got it going again. Cleaned off the thick layer of accumulated dust and crud, cleaned up the orange switches,  put an old Grace cart on and she is singing again. Also cleaned and repaired my old Teac as-100 that has been locked away in a cupboard seems to be a nice match. Some celestion speakers I reboxed also going again.

20200729_171028.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, awty said:

The old Scan Dyna had been sitting neglected on a shelf with a crooked stylus for the last few years. Decided it was high time I got it going again. Cleaned off the thick layer of accumulated dust and crud, cleaned up the orange switches,  put an old Grace cart on and she is singing again. Also cleaned and repaired my old Teac as-100 that has been locked away in a cupboard seems to be a nice match. Some celestion speakers I reboxed also going again.

20200729_171028.jpg

Very nice! That beautiful Grace F9 might be old but the Soundsmith stylus can't be too ancient....😀

1 hour ago, stevoz said:

Very nice! That beautiful Grace F9 might be old but the Soundsmith stylus can't be too ancient....😀

I think they have been around for about 10 years now. The e in the picture has been back from a retip a few years ago. Also have a u which is better. They were much better priced when the aud was 105 cents to the usd and no gst. Have to use sparingly now.

• Like 1
On 25/06/2020 at 7:35 PM, Cardiiiii said:

IMG_20200625_192946.jpg

love the blue would look great at night in a dark room

• Like 1
On 28/06/2020 at 10:08 AM, Wimbo said:

Yes. I knew you had the  401 away being upgraded. It will be interesting to listen. Take care mate and the best to the family.

the 401 is fantastic.  Well worth the visit.

On 23/07/2020 at 2:35 PM, Grizzly said:

The hovercraft😊

20200722_193638.jpg

looks awesome Anthony!!

On 13/07/2020 at 6:47 PM, metal beat said:

A bit of rearranging so I could get my LP12 up and running again. It's sounding great with Lyra Delos cart running thru the TW phono stage. All 4 tables up and running to play at any time.

From left
LP12 / Naim ARO / Lyra Delos
Technics SP10mk3 / Thales Simplicity II / Lyra Atlas Lambda SL
Pioneer Exclusive P3 / Lyra Etna SL
TW Acoustik AC-3 / SME 3012R / Dynavector XV-1S

[IMG]

the envy of the Northern beaches my friend!!!!!!  Sounds even better than it looks.  #shane'sshowroom.

I really enjoyed the TW and Dyna combo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

looks awesome Anthony!!

Thanks mate, the improvement over the big Pioneer is not subtle!

My TD 125 Mk II 

Caribbean rosewood plinth 

ortofon cadenza blue on it at the moment. 
sounds lovely 

87EA8C3F-2EDC-481D-A001-8E22B18C89B1.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Love 1