metal beat

Show us your Turntables!!!

Ok, multiple questions;

Sorry about the grain in the pics. I'm a crap photographer. Having zero natural light in the room exposes this obvious short-coming further! Oh well.

Re the cabling, the block is mounted to the top, at the back edge of the corian top shelf, fastened by some superman strength velcro stuff.

The cable, not sure about what it is, but it is super-fine and I assume (based on some discussion with Mark about it) that it is the standard Continuum fare. Not totally sure though. Mark did the initial rough-in install about 4 weeks ago, then returned yesterday to do the final install. So I have had two brilliant sessions with him of 3+ hours each time. Discussions covered many audio/music related topics. Cabling was a small part of that. Comparrisons with other cabling was mentioned, which leads me to think this is what he uses in his criterion and Caliburn installs. Again, not certain of any of that.

Re the sound, well it is better in every way, really. I remember when Mondie upgraded his arm to the 4point Kuzma, and how he was floored by the improvement. So my expectations were high, as we have upgraded from the same Jelco arm. The sound kind of never loses control, regardless of how loud the volume is set. Clearer bass. More boogy/body. I can now hear more of the excellent 4D cart. They are my initial thoughts.

The Copperhead now completes my TT rig, as the original Jelco was only intended as an interim arm.

Re the belt (YS), I'll PM you.

Guest JohnA

LD

thanks for the write up mate and you initial impressions.

As for the photos, was only stiring, sorry if i offended, wasn't my intention.

If using high ISO to compensate for no light, better just to use a tripod, drop your ISO down to 200 or even 400 and use a longer exposure. Just set it to the timer to avoid any shake when you press the shutter button

haha, no offense at all John. I did use a tripod and a remote, so again, I am a crap photographer. Next time we catch up I'll see if you can show me some handy helping hints/tips.

Wow LD that is one droolworthy arm. Would love to hear the Acoustic Signature with that arm one day.

You lucky lucky man :party

DS

Re the sound, well it is better in every way, really. I remember when Mondie upgraded his arm to the 4point Kuzma, and how he was floored by the improvement. So my expectations were high, as we have upgraded from the same Jelco arm. The sound kind of never loses control, regardless of how loud the volume is set. Clearer bass. More boogy/body. I can now hear more of the excellent 4D cart. They are my initial thoughts.

Excellent Phil, l know exactly what you are describing, Suddenly everything just sounds much better in every way, its kind of hard to describe. l guess the music just sounds right, more grounded and less edgy.

If you dont mind please include me on your PM to YS regarding the belt, you have got me curious too.

Cheers,

mondie

Way cool new tonearm Phil.:party

I was curious which way you would go with the tonearm upgrade.

Great service from the owner/maker himself.

And more solid spinners from Waricle, Jake and others. Come on Andy, i'm sure you have more.:nana

Oh My God,

I am new in this forum and also an infant in the vinyl world.

Looking at all of your TTs, I am having a heart attack. Oh, My Lord Of Heaven.

I have been defying my better half's threat of divorce if I ever venture into the hifi world again.

Over the years, I have gone through speakers from Dynaudio to Martin-Logan to Sonus Faber (and now I am yearning for a pair of Gryphon Atlantis, can't afford it anyway) amps from Sonic Frontiers, Audio Research, Classe Audio, Theta and Gryphon with loyalty to source of Mark Levinson No. 31.5 and 30.5 couple, I have always been wishing for a nice analogue setup. But having a setup like many of you guys here, I think I have to sell my house.

Oh My God.

Guest JohnA

Hello hdo and welcome to the forums

i think most of us were in the same situation as you we didn't think much of the threats of divorce. Or was it we didn't care???

Either way we are still married and still getting away with murder most times :party

Hello hdo and welcome to the forums

i think most of us were in the same situation as you we didn't think much of the threats of divorce. Or was it we didn't care???

Either way we are still married and still getting away with murder most times :party

For some reason "HA! Do your worst!" is actually NOT the beat thing to say to your better half when these threats are made;)

But there are many devious tools in the arsenal of the music lover and we must use them to their full advantage:D

The last time I talked about a speaker upgrade I was told "Make sure they come in a big box.... you'll be sleeping in it :)"

Picked up on my recent trip to Hong Kong. 30 years old Direct Drive - two arm wands. Sounds sublime with my Koetsu Rosewood :hiccup

3822801388_d14feb6f88.jpg

3822006249_cf6c84effa.jpg

3822007167_a53bd588a0.jpg

3822004379_408970cd3a.jpg

Wow. That is a great table there turntable :hiccup

I have been reading up lately on the Pioneer Exclusive P10 and P3's, and and they are supposed to be pretty damn special.

What does that georgeous plinth weight?

Chris

Baby brother of that 'Unicorn',Exclusive P3A.

:hiccup Luscious and mean looking thing. How heavy is it?

Guest JohnA

a thing of beauty there Shane

great pickup

It sure looks similar to a Denon to me. Some slight differences though. Looks great, how is it sounding?

DS

Thats looks awesome Shane! I will have to have a listen next time down. Looks like the poor LP12 has been put out to pasture for a while eh. :hiccup

Oh My God,

I am new in this forum and also an infant in the vinyl world.

Looking at all of your TTs, I am having a heart attack. Oh, My Lord Of Heaven.

I have been defying my better half's threat of divorce if I ever venture into the hifi world again.

Over the years, I have gone through speakers from Dynaudio to Martin-Logan to Sonus Faber (and now I am yearning for a pair of Gryphon Atlantis, can't afford it anyway) amps from Sonic Frontiers, Audio Research, Classe Audio, Theta and Gryphon with loyalty to source of Mark Levinson No. 31.5 and 30.5 couple, I have always been wishing for a nice analogue setup. But having a setup like many of you guys here, I think I have to sell my house.

Oh My God.

hdo1,

Sell the house...? No, nothing so drastic; you'll need it for the hi fi. Do you have a wife, perchance....? :hiccup

cheers

2sheds

3822006249_cf6c84effa.jpg

Very nice turntable turntable, me want

Edited by MC240

NOT SHINY OR NEW

SAW THIS WITH AN HOUR 2 GO ON EBAY

WENT 2 A SCHOOL COUNCIL MEETING .ZZZZZZZZZZZ

LEFT MY 15 YEAR OLD 2 BID

HE PAID $20 PICK UP ONLY!

MY NOSE INSTRUCTED ME TO PURCHASE IT

WAS MY NOSE CORRECT ?