Show us your Turntables!!!

1 minute ago, Hensa said:

Yep, two huge boxes within a week and two lovely Denon DP-60's! I sure had some explaining to do to my better half and I'm not convinced she'll believe me until Terry actually carts his off!!emoji3.png

And here it is (on the right) with its sibling:

54358c4ce36d6f82ae59e9d0cc6eb09a.jpg

Hi Greg,

I appreciate the 2 TTs have different arms and cartridges but how do you rate the sound produced by the mats?

From previous experience I would think that the cork mat reduces dynamics (although I don't know what substance the pink mat on the left is made of)?

Andy

1 minute ago, Hensa said:

Yep, two huge boxes within a week and two lovely Denon DP-60's! I sure had some explaining to do to my better half and I'm not convinced she'll believe me until Terry actually carts his off!!emoji3.png

And here it is (on the right) with its sibling:

54358c4ce36d6f82ae59e9d0cc6eb09a.jpg

Hi Greg,

I appreciate the 2 TTs have different arms and cartridges but how do you rate the sound produced by the mats?

From previous experience I would think that the cork mat reduces dynamics (although I don't know what substance the pink mat on the left is made of)?

Andy

Guest Hensa
10 minutes ago, andyr said:

Hi Greg,

Andy

Hi Andy,

I've compared the two mats previously and prefer the RED (not pink) leather on the left though there's not a lot between them. Certainly didn't find the cork killed the dynamics although it's a cork/rubber blend rather than straight cork. Prefer both to the original rubber mat but in Terry's deck's case, the rubber mat had hardened and and was cracked right through.

Just now, Hensa said:

Hi Andy,

I've compared the two mats previously and prefer the RED (not pink) leather on the left though there's not a lot between them. Certainly didn't find the cork killed the dynamics although it's a cork/rubber blend rather than straight cork. Prefer both to the original rubber mat but in Terry's deck's case, the rubber mat had hardened and and was cracked right through.

Leather side up (suede side down) sounded better to me, Chris ... when I had a leather mat.  Have you tried both?

Andy

Guest Hensa
2 minutes ago, andyr said:

Leather side up (suede side down) sounded better to me, Chris ... when I had a leather mat.  Have you tried both?

Andy

Both sides look identical to me and sound the same as well so not sure which is the suede side...?

2 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Both sides look identical to me and sound the same as well so not sure which is the suede side...?

Maybe, Greg, you have suede both sides?

If you go to a leather shop, you will see hides that are smooth on one side ... and 'fuzzy' (ie. suede) on the other.  So leather used in chairs and car seats typically shows the smooth (skin) side.

Sometimes it's possible to peel off the smooth skin - so you are left with fuzzy (ie. suede) both sides of the piece of leather.  But you can never have smooth on both sides.

Andy

Guest Hensa

Good to know, Andy. I reckon I've got suede on both sides in that case as they are both fuzzy. Explains why it sounds the same both sides as well!:thumb:

7 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Good to know, Andy. I reckon I've got suede on both sides in that case as they are both fuzzy. Explains why it sounds the same both sides as well!:thumb:

Yes, I reckon, Greg.  :thumb:

I can send you up a skin/suede leather mat if you'd like to compare how the 2 sides sound with yours.  As long as you pay postage - plus $35, if you like it! :D  (Or send it back if you can't hear a difference.)

Andy

Guest Hensa
3 minutes ago, andyr said:

I can send you up a skin/suede leather mat if you'd like to compare how the 2 sides sound with yours.  As long as you pay postage - plus $35, if you like it! :D  (Or send it back if you can't hear a difference.)

Andy

Thanks for the generous offer, Andy but I'm happy with the suede mat for now. Terry might be interested in trying it out though.

My main LP12 with a few extras and a Linn Krystal cart
c1a65355fcc11fe4b8a5b44cb511fcc8.jpg

Hi Brad, nice looking LP12 [emoji1303]
Question: It looks like your outer platter is anodised?
Or is it just in shadow...I noticed it when you posted in another thread.
Looks cool...
Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My main LP12 with a few extras and a Linn Krystal cart
c1a65355fcc11fe4b8a5b44cb511fcc8.jpg

Looks cool...
Pete

I can send you up a skin/suede leather mat if you'd like to compare how the 2 sides sound with yours.  As long as you pay postage - plus $35, if you like it! [emoji3]  (Or send it back if you can't hear a difference.)

Andy

Let's see what it looks like Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Thanks for the generous offer, Andy but I'm happy with the suede mat for now. Terry might be interested in trying it out though.

Yes I would like that opportunity if that is ok with Andy.

Andy I will pm you.

cheers Terry

35 minutes ago, Happy said:

Let's see what it looks like Andy

Sorry, H - it's the quick or the dead, round here!

Terry has made me an offer, so I'm afraid he is #1 in the queue.  :)

Andy

• Like 1

Looks cool...
Pete

I wanted something different so spent a long time spraying it with a satin finish to match the top plate and arm board. Will get an Ekos for the full black soon.

Looks cool...
Pete

I wanted something different so spent a long time spraying it with a satin finish to match the top plate and arm board. Will get an Ekos for the full black soon.

Looks cool...
Pete

Looks cool...
Pete