Show us your Turntables!!!

My Technics SL1200 MkII. I purchased this from @Spider27 who was fantastic in helping me get it to the other side of the country in perfect condition. It used to be in stormtrooper form with a white top plate. Wanting something different I spoke to Mark at Dex AsiaPacific in Perth who told me we could do whatever I wanted!

So - I sent him some images of a 845 valve and Line Magnetic level meter and look what he came up with!

Awesome job if you ask me!

IMG_2919.thumb.JPG.433cb72255e1518c8014380af66de012.JPG

IMG_2922.thumb.JPG.db074005b438b56a82493291e787c9b1.JPG

IMG_2925.thumb.JPG.25875569f196c58d84280ad9481e6504.JPG

IMG_2920.thumb.JPG.a7c8b97942f3bc6a96294d8a4bfbdc48.JPG

• Like 21
  • Love 3

22 hours ago, caminperth said:

My Technics SL1200 MkII. I purchased this from @Spider27 who was fantastic in helping me get it to the other side of the country in perfect condition. It used to be in stormtrooper form with a white top plate. Wanting something different I spoke to Mark at Dex AsiaPacific in Perth who told me we could do whatever I wanted!

So - I sent him some images of a 845 valve and Line Magnetic level meter and look what he came up with!

Awesome job if you ask me!

IMG_2919.thumb.JPG.433cb72255e1518c8014380af66de012.JPG

IMG_2922.thumb.JPG.db074005b438b56a82493291e787c9b1.JPG

IMG_2925.thumb.JPG.25875569f196c58d84280ad9481e6504.JPG

IMG_2920.thumb.JPG.a7c8b97942f3bc6a96294d8a4bfbdc48.JPG

Hi 

I have a pair of these and love what has been done. Is it a vinyl wrap finish.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, EV Cali said:

Hi 

I have a pair of these and love what has been done. Is it a vinyl wrap finish.

It's laser etched/engraved into the first layer under the final resin coat. Mark first took it back to bare metal then put on layer of primer and a couple of black before the etching process.

I'd highly recommend him as he does an excellent job.

14 minutes ago, caminperth said:

It's laser etched/engraved into the first layer under the final resin coat. Mark first took it back to bare metal then put on layer of primer and a couple of black before the etching process.

I'd highly recommend him as he does an excellent job.

I hate to ask, but what was the cost.

Edited by EV Cali

Have had it for a while now but finally got the setup where I am mostly happy.  Worked fairly hard to get the footfalls out of my setup.  Sprung floorboards are a pain in the a*se.  Just have to do something about the cable management now and maybe my photography?

IMG_20200628_130104.jpg

• Like 12

On 07/07/2020 at 9:13 PM, davothecavo said:

Have had it for a while now but finally got the setup where I am mostly happy.  Worked fairly hard to get the footfalls out of my setup.  Sprung floorboards are a pain in the a*se.  Just have to do something about the cable management now and maybe my photography?

IMG_20200628_130104.jpg

Beautiful TT. That's the one I am saving for. what amp and Cartridge?

Edited by sdepass
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sdepass said:

Beautiful TT. That's the one I am saving for. what amp and Cartridge?

Hi, The cartridge is the ZYX Bloom 3 and RCM Sensor 2 preamp.  I added the speed controller recently as an upgrade as I wanted to play 45's without the disassembly and was surprised by the uplift in sound in the process.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davothecavo said:

Hi, The cartridge is the ZYX Bloom 3 and RCM Sensor 2 preamp.  I added the speed controller recently as an upgrade as I wanted to play 45's without the disassembly and was surprised by the uplift in sound in the process.

Love the look of the Kuzma!

• Like 2

On 07/07/2020 at 9:13 PM, davothecavo said:

IMG_20200628_130104.jpg

This setup brings back fond memories during my early tt years... the Stabi is an awesome tt, and you've paired it well with the Sensor 2.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, homerlovesbeer said:

Lol a "reasonable" cost is all in proportion to income.

For somebody on big income it may be reasonable but for the general population may be very expensive.

Trust me - it was very reasonable for the amount of work that goes into it - by my interpretation of the "general population" test.

If you're curious, go check him out on FB and hit him up for a price.

• Like 1

On 30/06/2020 at 12:30 AM, Analog Revenge said:

Well there is more than one vintage Elac Miracord (610) performing in Perth! Right now playing Holst "The planets" after a new stylus arrived earlier today and this beauty got resurrected back to it former beauty! Listening through a Goldring Classic amp powering a set of Klipsh Cornwalls.

So all period correct! 

elac TT angle.jpg

elac TT.jpg

I see you are using Inox.

I use it for my Model railway track.

Very effective.

16 minutes ago, metal beat said:

LP12 / ARO / Delos = match made in heaven :thumb:

flrCmtu.jpg

I like the Delos.  I find it hard to imagine how much better it would get moving up the Lyra food chain..

• Like 2

To Top