Show us your Turntables!!!

15 hours ago, Rustee said:

Ok time for me to drop the turntable standard by several or more notches. My humble old Dual 506 running a Ortofon 2M Silver cart and stylus.

CD5C4D92-CC3A-4862-B089-6FC38DC0A0EF.jpeg

54A4FA6D-1323-471B-9F43-0BEB729F690C.jpeg

1AA1D2BB-B50B-46C1-AA06-341AFDFA5A39.jpeg

Probably not as many notches as the price difference would suggest.....the original Gyrodec was an over rated art piece.?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mwhouston said:

Who’s cool with the rubber platter mat. My two Regas came wool mats which produced shocking static issue. These days thin deer hide. 

Which seller for the deer hide mat? Think I've had the wool mat lift off one too many times recently...

4 minutes ago, Tasebass said:

.....Modified Univector is certainly doing its thing.....XV1s has never sounded so good...

Tase

Not surprised, Tase - perhaps the (glue) bonding you've achieved on the headshell is 'stiffer' than the bond made when you wind up the knurled screw?

Andy

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, andyr said:

Not surprised, Tase - perhaps the (glue) bonding you've achieved on the headshell is 'stiffer' than the bond made when you wind up the knurled screw?

Andy

The Knurled screw affair....whilst offering different alignment set ups...is the arm's Achilles Heel IMO....

Having the arm lead shortened too has helped...again IMO..

Tase  

3 hours ago, Tasebass said:

The Knurled screw affair....whilst offering different alignment set ups...is the arm's Achilles Heel IMO....

Having the arm lead shortened too has helped...again IMO..

Tase  

I shall have to think carefully as to how I might be able to achieve the "ol' glue trick "!  :)

Andy

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Nice looking plinth.................gunna work better with a tonearm though!:lol:

Cheers,

Keith

Time for 20 guesses, a Reed, or ET2.5 wouldn't necessarily require any holes in the plinth. Both have been reported to work with Lenco's. 

Cheers 

Grant 

Current turntable with prototype linear arm. Surprising how good the agricultural arm is. As good as the Technics EPA100 in most respects and way better in bass response.

P_20200101_121545.thumb.jpg.2fb6a23941e052e04ee8c1bb01e1cc57.jpg

Turntable under construction

P_20200205_143324.thumb.jpg.e1119e7a497709efb892acbac6303f5d.jpg

Edited by Warren Jones
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Warren Jones said:

Current turntable with prototype linear arm. Surprising how good the agricultural arm is. As good as the Technics EPA100 in most respects and way better in bass response.

P_20200101_121545.thumb.jpg.2fb6a23941e052e04ee8c1bb01e1cc57.jpg

Turntable under construction

Ooh, I like SP-10s even with agricultural arms.

18 hours ago, gnnett said:

Time for 20 guesses, a Reed, or ET2.5 wouldn't necessarily require any holes in the plinth. Both have been reported to work with Lenco's. 

Cheers 

Grant 

This was a project long overdue for completion. I intend to sell it as I have too many turntables already. So the new owner can select the arm. The Siggwan I sold, foolishly a while ago would have been another suitable 12" arm that requires only three screw holes to mount.

On 05/02/2020 at 12:03 PM, Grant Slack said:

Hello Tony, I don't really understand what I am looking at. Care to share a few details please? Regards, Grant

Sorry, should have provided more information.

The Lenco PTP Peters Top Plate) kits are a well-known way of significantly improving the performance of the already very capable Lenco L75 and L78 turntables by taking the good bits from an original turntable and installing in the specially designed top plates. Different variations of the kit allow for speed control.

http://www.ptpaudio.com/ptp-audio.html

This example is the PTP5 kit, with a Lenco L78 donor turntable. The only remaining parts of the original are the motor, platter, and main bearing. The original top plate, speed control assembly, tone arm and the lift assembly, springs etc. have been discarded. This turntable is 33rpm only.

It is fully operational but, as noted, it of course  needs a tonearm to be mounted to complete the project. The plinth is 400 * 500mm so a 12" arm can be comfortably accommodated.

This was the original:

IMG_3922.JPG.eeed5f0a893a61652d6a4cb7188ae95d.JPG

IMG_3923.JPG.26dd1018b4f5fc99dc259849c7c6f84f.JPG

• Love 1

Brinkmann Bardo - Brinkmann 10.5 tonearm and Brinkmann EMT ti cartridge.

Many here would have heard my Bardo at the HiFi Show last October and it was an absolute standout performer there. The granite slab I have since sourced locally and I'm really enjoying this sensational rig in my system and it gets many hours of play each day.

Cheers,

Keith

Bardo - Feb 2020 - 2.JPG

Bardo - Feb 202 - 1.JPG

Bardo - Feb 2020 - 3.JPG

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, cheekyboy said:

Brinkmann Bardo - Brinkmann 10.5 tonearm and Brinkmann EMT ti cartridge.

Many here would have heard my Bardo at the HiFi Show last October and it was an absolute standout performer there. The granite slab I have since sourced locally and I'm really enjoying this sensational rig in my system and it gets many hours of play each day.

Cheers,

Keith

Bardo - Feb 2020 - 2.JPG

Bardo - Feb 202 - 1.JPG

Bardo - Feb 2020 - 3.JPG

Keith

Do you employ a mat on the platter?