Show us your Turntables!!!

5 minutes ago, davidSun said:

The P17 has the floating suspension

Yes, kinda rare at this level, but I like it.

6 minutes ago, davidSun said:

the auto stop which I like as I frequently snooze while playing records.

in fact, it is full auto, select record size, and pull the lever and it plays the record, then returns to rest.  I use it when doing other things around the house.   Got so used to it, I had to fit a Q-up to my main table.

7 minutes ago, davidSun said:

The headshell is rare.

I recently needed one, and found there are generic replacements you can get.  The one in my photo is one of those.

3 hours ago, davidSun said:

The P17 has the floating suspension and the auto stop which I like as I frequently snooze while playing records

OMG David that is such an indictment on your record playing system! I will occasionally drift off listening to CD, even on my pretty spectacular CD player. But, soft or loud, rock, classical, jazz or folk - once an LP record goes on, I'm riveted to the music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the music is good and relaxing, and after long day, there’s a good chance you will nod off. Now you don’t want your 6 thousand dollar stylus stuck at the end of the record while you are in slumber! That’s why it’s good to have the auto lift. 

23 hours ago, davidSun said:

My Yamaha PF-800 with Ortofon 2M blue cartridge/ Schitt Mani/Sansui AU-505/ B&W CM1. I think it is a good combo for my small listening room.

2C7CB242-A02D-471D-B80E-F73A1F78F5F8.jpeg

Hi from another PF800 owner ?

1 minute ago, rantan said:

I had a Purple Heart back in my vinyl halcyon days and miss it to this day.   ? I would love to buy one again but it won't /can't be for a while yet.

chin up rantan, anything is possible mate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guzzista said:

chin up rantan, anything is possible mate.

Thanks Greg.

It will probably be sometime next year, when a family member travels to Japan and Singapore. There should be some better prices over there than locally.

2 minutes ago, rantan said:

Thanks Greg.

It will probably be sometime next year, when a family member travels to Japan and Singapore. There should be some better prices over there than locally.

mmm do your homework first as that may not be the case, Magenta have then very keenly priced here.

On 26/10/2019 at 4:06 PM, Guzzista said:

Extremely happy with the Clearaudio Innovation, 9" Universal arm and Purple Heart Cartridge.3B0BEDB3-E859-4015-9A17-4C1DBE8318F5_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.cde4e9dc46c36981506961c8fe765136.jpeg

Very nice setup you have there Greg. The speakers must sound awesome with all them complimenting hardware and that solidsteel rack. The CFM cables would be among the best cables in my opinion, presenting a very balanced sound and the micro detail in the soundstage is unparalleled. I know, I have a whole set like yours.

Edited by Kiat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kiat said:

Very nice setup you have there Greg. The speakers must sound awesome with all them complimenting hardware and that solidsteel rack. The CFM cables would be among the best cables in my opinion, presenting a very balanced sound and the micro detail in the soundstage is unparalleled. I know, I have a whole set like yours.

Add the Red Kiat and its a match made in Heaven.

• 3 weeks later...