Show us your Turntables!!!

Guest Hensa
17 hours ago, rossb said:

It appears that I have bought another one ...

P7200001.JPG

P7200008.JPG

Congrats Ross! Looks superb and I imagine must sound it as well! Is that the VdH mounted on the Kuzma?

17 hours ago, rossb said:

It appears that I have bought another one ...

P7200001.JPG

P7200008.JPG

nice one Ross.  Enjoy the flexibility of 2 TT's and the ability to have the VdH BB and Benz LPS in your system at the same time..   Envious

Edited by scuzzii
  • Like 1

Guest Hensa

nice one Ross.  Enjoy the flexibility of 2 TT's and the ability to have the VdH BB and Benz LPS in your system at the same time..   Envious

One cure immediately springs to mind, John! Let's start searching for your second deck![emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hensa said:

One cure immediately springs to mind, John! Let's start searching for your second deck!emoji3.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no room on the cabinet -  have a CD player sitting there    :popcorn:

2 hours ago, Hensa said:

Congrats Ross! Looks superb and I imagine must sound it as well! Is that the VdH mounted on the Kuzma?

Thanks, Greg. Yes, the VdH on the Kuzma. Sounds amazing - I was half expecting to be disappointed by the Stabi Ref, since the Stabi S is so good. But I am definitely not disappointed - it is surprising how much the Stabi Ref improves on the Stabi S.

3 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

no room on the cabinet -  have a CD player sitting there    :popcorn:

That is a problem easily solved!

And now that you have a spare arm ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, myskylab said:

Finally got the Thorens Wand  Phasemation thing happening, sounds great :love

20170728_190816.jpg

That is a really cool plinth, ms!  :thumb:  30mm Vic Ash?

Andy

3 minutes ago, Hergest said:

Looks great Shane. How's it set up then? Plinth on Stillpoints and then what? Looks like a piece of Corian sitting on some form of isolation/beer mat things?

thanks Paul.  here is a better picture of underneath.

Stillpoints replaced the stk feet and are screwed into the plinth where the old feet were M6 thread and make sure the Stillpoints don't touch the underneath of the plinth.  

This sits on a piece of 40mm granite isolated by 4 or 6 compression springs.  6 sound best for my heavier TW table - however 4 sound better with the Technics.   

Then the most important part of the isolation - the compression springs sitting on top of mini golden book pages :) in all seriousness, the golden book pages are just to stop the wood stand from being scratched.

35448750373_0dfb619c02_b.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, metal beat said:

the compression springs sitting on top of mini golden book pages :) in all seriousness, the golden book pages are just to stop the wood stand from being scratched.

I thought you were going to say that it gives that nice golden sound but then that would be a fairy story

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, metal beat said:

@rossb

and??    how does it sound vs the Kuzma arm?

Quite a different sound. It is always surprising how big an effect the arm can have. The Stogi Ref is darker and heavier sounding, while the PU7 is lighter (obviously), faster and tighter. The Kuzma goes a bit deeper in the bass, but its bass is also a bit rounder. The PU7's bass is tight and rhythmic. Both sound great.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rossb said:

Quite a different sound. It is always surprising how big an effect the arm can have. The Stogi Ref is darker and heavier sounding, while the PU7 is lighter (obviously), faster and tighter. The Kuzma goes a bit deeper in the bass, but its bass is also a bit rounder. The PU7's bass is tight and rhythmic. Both sound great.

interesting.  based on your description,  I would prefer the PU7.    I am sure others would go the other way.