Show us your Turntables!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Brought this table for $80 a month ago and I've been doing a full restoration on it. It had the usual faults but its now coming up nicely. Out of the whole resto, polishing the platter was the hardest thing to do....

Just have to buff the lid, go through all the adjustment's internally and align the cartridge etc

Looking forward to giving it a nice workout.

c06f55496d2b6feaf6ad6da0780dd056.jpgdee5dce8931e08820744c8a748d8bebb.jpgc3e4bc998a5abe4935e91e9b9d4efc31.jpg5f739b9782677229208f23a8dfafdfc3.jpg232b413eab443cde7d91f558e511cfc2.jpg

• Like 8

@Sansui77 that Pickering looks a hell of a lot like my Stanton 881s. 

Pickering / Stanton were the same company.
I believe the Pickering XV15 and the Stanton 681 are the same cartridge.

Pickering XSV3000 is a classic cart i would like to hear one day.

Mine is fitted with a D625 stylus. Haven't heard it yet.

How do you like your Stanton 881s?
  • Like 1

If you're in Brisbane feel free to drop by. I've a XSV3000.... Also a Stanton 785LZE ;)

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sansui77 said:

The replacement stylus I got for my 881s looks exactly the same as yours in the image. I took the brush off. I had read where you have to use a different VTF to compensate for the brush. Also I read that the cart sounds better without the brush. I don't need the brush or the hassle it brings so it's gone.

Love the sound, big, bold and punchy. I took my Technics TT with Stanton loaded to a friends house who has a Koetsu. We thought after a few LPs we would roll the Stanton for another carts (I have six or so MM carts all in headshells all with new stylus and can roll them in a minute or so). Two hours later we were still enjoying the Stanton. We listen to a few others (including a new Garrott K2) but the Stanton won the day, followed by the K2. 

Whats is your thoughts?

11 hours ago, mwhouston said:

I took the brush off. I had read where you have to use a different VTF to compensate for the brush. Also I read that the cart sounds better without the brush.

Yes, you need to add 1gm if you use the brush.  Yes, it does sound better if you remove the brush (you don't need it if you clean your LPs with a wet/vac or ultrasonic machine, and wipe each side with a CF brush before and after you play it).

(I have six or so MM carts all in headshells all with new stylus and can roll them in a minute or so).

I presume the minute doesn't include:

1. adjusting VTA, and
  2. adjusting VTF?

So these 6 carts must all:

1. have the same height from stylus to the top of the body, and
  2. weigh the same?

Andy

Edited by andyr
  • Like 2

Another addition to my Kuzma Stabi - a second arm. I bought the Ittok with the intention of building up an LP12, but that was before I bought the Kuzma, and have now lost all interest in an LP12. While I am waiting for my real second arm, an Audio Origami PU7, to arrive, I thought I would try the Ittok with my Ortofon Cadenza Black, to complement the Benz LP-S on the Stogi Ref. It sounds very, very nice. The problem with the Ittok is that there is nowhere to put the arm rest, so the arm kind of dangles to the side when not in use. I will be selling the Ittok as soon as the PU7 arrives, but for now it is working out nicely.

IMG_2480.jpg

• Like 9

The replacement stylus I got for my 881s looks exactly the same as yours in the image. I took the brush off. I had read where you have to use a different VTF to compensate for the brush. Also I read that the cart sounds better without the brush. I don't need the brush or the hassle it brings so it's gone.

Love the sound, big, bold and punchy. I took my Technics TT with Stanton loaded to a friends house who has a Koetsu. We thought after a few LPs we would roll the Stanton for another carts (I have six or so MM carts all in headshells all with new stylus and can roll them in a minute or so). Two hours later we were still enjoying the Stanton. We listen to a few others (including a new Garrott K2) but the Stanton won the day, followed by the K2. 

Whats is your thoughts?

I presume the minute doesn't include:

1. adjusting VTA, and
  2. adjusting VTF?

So these 6 carts must all:

1. have the same height from stylus to the top of the body, and
  2. weigh the same?

Andy

I haven't heard the cart yet but the table should be up and running next week.

I have a feeling that it won't be as deailed as my AT440MLB.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not know if I should post this in the Turntable section or the Tube section 

Daughter purchased a tube type globe lamp - to match my tube amps 

This is a photo I have taken on the first light up 

By the way the turntable is a Sensitively referbished, early serial # model Garrard 401 - custom built plinth and fitted with a TransFi Terminator air bearing tone arm 

image.jpeg

• Like 9

20 hours ago, gagamusic said:

8aeff4645a509081caa61ace55c3f48c.jpg

DFA Firebird

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Very nice! What cartridge do you have on the Jelco arm? How does the Jelco compare with the other arm (and what is the other arm, by the way)?

Very nice! What cartridge do you have on the Jelco arm? How does the Jelco compare with the other arm (and what is the other arm, by the way)?

Hi,
It's a Transfiguration Phoenix S at the moment. Next week I will get an Ortofon Cadenza Mono.
The final configuration will be Jelco / Cadenza Mono & Graham 2.2 / Phoenix S.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I thought it looked like a Graham.The Cadenza Mono should be very good. I have a Cadenza Black (amongst others) which is excellent, and also a Quintet Mono, although this has just been replaced with a Shelter 501 Mono on my second arm (which will soon be an Audio Origami PU7). I will be interested to hear how you like the Cadenza Mono.

Guest palexsia

My Garrad 401 project is almost done . Brand new in box garrad 401 + custome made plattter/mat with sme 3012 & fr 64 fx tonearm . Some photos show how it is . Plinth is in final stage still need to sand and stain few more coat .

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My Garrad 401 project is almost done . Brand new in box garrad 401 + custome made plattter/mat with sme 3012 & fr 64 fx tonearm . Some photos show how it is . Plinth is in final stage still need to sand and stain few more coat .
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Damn, that's stunning

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

8 hours ago, palexsia said:

My Garrad 401 project is almost done . Brand new in box garrad 401 + custome made plattter/mat with sme 3012 & fr 64 fx tonearm . Some photos show how it is . Plinth is in final stage still need to sand and stain few more coat

A work of art.\!!!!!!

Can you tell us a bit about the custom made platter ?

• Like 2

Guest palexsia

This is the second platter custome made for my garrads 401 , the first i post few months ago is solid copper brash for garrad 301 . 

This is aluminium alloy with copper mat as i often see friends with not too flat cooper mat  so this mat is about 6mm with drill & tap hole to screw down to the platter as shown on photo , this will made sure mat is never buckle during season change hot to cold and sound improve more details & dynamic . A tie press copper bearing in centre platter for less diffraction when turning . The whole process is not easy to do , lot of times investment , money , precision technical engineering involve and costly as individual built but rewarding  ( i almost gave up ) Without help from friends i won't be able to do it myself . Maybe  we can be get together to listen all my garrads one day soon if you guys are interested . This will be my last & final TT as i run out of space for Tt's and can't use them all . Will post more photo when its complete . Here some photos of my last two garrads 301 & micro seiki 1500 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg