HELP NEEDED URGENT

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the flicker problem, I had a customer complain about the same issue BUT they bought a Hitachi 42PD300A from me and STRANGLEY this unit ALSO uses a LG Panel inside it: go figure.

ddarby,

are you saying that the flicker was in the hitachi model as well or they bought an hitachi with an lg panel and didn't have the flicker.

I thought Hitachi were in bed with fujitsu and manufactured their own panels ???

Anyone ???

• 1 month later...

I to have the LG RT-42PX10, have hooked it from my foxtel digital set top box via S-Video. Pic is ok but the faces some of the time are shocking.

Has anyone found a way to correct this, should I be using a digital set top box with my foxtel digital, should I be using different cables??????

This panel is terrible with any signal 576i/480i. The foxtel digital signal is 576i. The only solution i can see for this is to buy an external de-interlacer, to feed the panel with a progressive signal such as 576p. Tends to be rather costly tho - i haven't really researched anything much, but have seen ballpark figures around the $600 mark.

This panel is terrible with any signal 576i/480i. The foxtel digital signal is 576i. The only solution i can see for this is to buy an external de-interlacer, to feed the panel with a progressive signal such as 576p. Tends to be rather costly tho - i haven't really researched anything much, but have seen ballpark figures around the $600 mark.

Your kidding, the only way to get a better pic is via an external de-interlacer. Is there no other way?

Your kidding, the only way to get a better pic is via an external de-interlacer. Is there no other way?

Believe me, I would love it if there were a solution, but theres none that i'm aware of. I actually bought a new dvd player that output 480p/576p just to alleviate the problem when watching dvds. I also keep the old tv nearby to watch foxtel on.

The bottom line is

"ya pay's ya money, ya take's ya pick"

Budget end panels have one major flaw, the quality of their deinterlacers. As most (if not all) broadcast TV is interlace this is a major factor to concider. If all you want to watch is DVD movies, then fine get a cheap DVD with Progressive output and most of these cheap panels will look not to bad, anything else, you view at your peril.

Cyril

• 2 weeks later...