Sign in to follow this  
PaulM1503559663

Foxtel on 2 TV's from 1 STB

Hi guys. When I had my current system installed we put a ST124R in the roof. The power injecter was in the home Cinema with the 3 Way Wall plate. I found it a bit confusing having the Power injector in the room with all the other stuff involved with the Home Cinema. So I had a Power point installed in the roof to power the unit. Currently I plug antenna down into Toppfield PVR in. Tofield PVR Out into Foxtel In Foxtel out into Uplink to a splitter that adds the Output from Security camera into ST124R and then I feed 5 TV outputs around the House Output 4 goes into another 2 way splitter to get me 5 outputs.. The Topfield RF out can be a little grainy on the other TV's and not stereo but not bad for RF and as it's only on the other TV's I find it quite acceptable. The Foxtel Out is clear as a bell on the Other TV's. I did have quite a bit of a time getting the Signal Strength adjusted just right for both FTA analogue and FTA Digital. It seems to get the FTA Digital strength acceptable I am a little low on analogue but the balance seems quite good now. I did have quite a few issues with Glitching on FTA Digital with the first Masthead Amplifier that was installed. That was replaced a few weeks later and now my glitching is down to a far more acceptable level. When I get the glitching on Digital I can see the interference on Analgue. I figure I could clear them up with money and effort but I have just accepted them now.

The only issue I now have is finding a FreeRF frequency to put everything onto because I also have a second Foxtel STU in one of the other rooms I had to get the passsword to change the RF out on the first Foxtel STU.

Goodluck.

I got it all running now.

Only needed one ST124, and as such i run the antenna cable straight from the roof to the first outlet then into the ST124, then in feeds (a Fusion HTDV tuner, FM tuner, & Foxtel, later to add another HDTV tuner) and from the foxtel into the VCR then back up into the roof to the old splitter that runs to TV2 and TV3.

BTW the i was alsways using an old GME mast head amplier too!

All is happy in this house now that the wife can watch her Foxtel in bed or in the family room, (im happy too cause she used to turn on our 61" LCD projection Samsung jus tto hear the channel while she was cooking.

And i get to watch whatever!

Well done Glo. Looks like you got what you want where you want when you want it. The only issues I found after doing all that cabling is expalinng how it works to the person you sell your house to when you leave.

Well done Glo. Looks like you got what you want where you want when you want it. The only issues I found after doing all that cabling is expalinng how it works to the person you sell your house to when you leave.

The 17 sockets in my study would confuse a new owner, not to mention the 21 in the lounge room. :blink:

Gadget

Now all im looking for is a RF receiver and corresponding software/hardware to use my Ipaq5550 to control all the gear!

RF is ideal (i think) since the base can be placed in the AV room and I can control it from all over the house!

I have a similar setup to feed Foxtel digital to other TVs in the house but because we have Foxtel setup for 16:9 for the widescreen tv in the lounge the picture is not right on the other TVs so we need to keep changing the setup on the STB which is a real pain.

I have a similar setup to feed Foxtel digital to other TVs in the house but because we have Foxtel setup for 16:9 for the widescreen tv in the lounge the picture is not right on the other TVs

I agree it really is a pain on the Foxtel box it is a lot better when there is one key to presss to change aspect. This is how my Topfield PVR works press zero and it cycles through all the aspect options and it does not worry us any where as much as the Foxtel box. At the moment I am upgrading all the TV's to widescreen to solve the problem.

Hi people, I have had the digitor giga-air 20/20 for a while and are using the ir extender for the foxtel box (digital). the ir extender works fine, it just took a while to fine tune. make sure your receivers ir port is getting the signal from the remote, flush-on. hope this helps. cheers Paul, in fat cat city.

I'm less than thrilled with my gig-air 20/20. The sound quality is poor poor poor. What could be the problem? :blink:

Hi, this is my first post,so please bear with me.

My current setup consists of a Toshiba 127cm rear projection TV with a Foxtel digital STU connected by Scart component leads to the TV and Scart component leads to the VCR. The FTA antenna is connected by a 16metre run of RG59/u coaxial to the RF in of the VCR and then VCR RF out to RF in of the TV.

I intend to replace the antenna cabling with RG6 quad shield and F connectors and then add another 4 TVs on which I can view FTA and whatever Foxtel channel is selected on the STU.

The way I propose to connect is as follows:

Antenna to a 2-way splitter, one port of this splitter to VCR RF in and VCR RF out to Toshiba RF in.

The other port of this splitter then is connected to one port of a reversed 2-way splitter . The other port being connected to RF out of the Foxtel STU.

The combined output from the reversed 2-way splitter is then fed to the input of a SA124R 4-way splitter/amplifier. Each of the output ports on theSA124R to be connected via a 25 metre run to a TV.

Does this sound OK ? Or should I also use an amplifier in the initial antenna connection to compensate for the losses of the first 2- way splitter.

If all this sounds cockeyed, forgive me !

Hi, this is my first post,so please bear with me.

My current setup consists of a Toshiba 127cm rear projection TV with a Foxtel digital STU connected by Scart component leads to the TV and Scart component leads to the VCR.  The FTA antenna is connected by a 16metre run of RG59/u coaxial to the RF in of the VCR and then VCR RF out to RF in of the TV.

I intend to replace the antenna cabling with RG6 quad shield and F connectors and then add another 4 TVs on which I can view FTA and whatever Foxtel channel is selected on the STU.

The way I propose to connect is as follows:

Antenna to a 2-way splitter, one port of this splitter to VCR RF in and VCR RF out to Toshiba RF in.

The other port of this splitter then is connected to one port of a reversed 2-way splitter . The other port being connected to RF out of the Foxtel STU.

The combined output from the reversed 2-way splitter is then fed to the input of a SA124R 4-way splitter/amplifier. Each of the output ports on theSA124R to be connected via a 25 metre run to a TV.

Does this sound OK ? Or should I also use an amplifier in the initial antenna connection to compensate for the losses of the first 2- way splitter.

If all this sounds cockeyed, forgive me !

The previous threads in this discussion seem to indicate you can either put the booster at the aerial or after depending on your signal strength .. you don't have a STB so before should be ok.. I have found from a similar connection that I get some interference on Foxtel RF when the aerial connection is plugged in , I have dual aerials UHF/VHF feeding into a masthead amplifier and think that the aerial signal is too high causing my Foxtel UHF to be affected... still working on a solution for this.. I can also watch a DVD in the other rooms through the VCR RF by selecting the AUX1 input on the VCR which comes from my receiver.

Thanks for your reply jamesboags, I think i will go ahead with the cabling and hope for the best. At least it will keep me out of mischief for a while.

By the way, I like your beer !

Regards

Sorry guys new to this, is it possible to somehow splice the cable coming from my Austar box so that I can hook it up to more than 1 tv. I have the standard paytv box going to the tv but it would be great if I could hook it to another also without having to aquire another paytv box, Am i just dreaming?

Thanks Steve

Sorry guys new to this, is it possible to somehow splice the cable coming from my Austar box so that I can hook it up to more than 1 tv. I have the standard paytv box going to the tv but it would be great if I could hook it to another also without having to aquire another paytv box, Am i just dreaming?

Thanks Steve

Steve, just read through this thread!

I dont have a Austar box, but it should have RF out which you can share to other TVs, whilst connecting a Svideo connection to your main TV.

Thanks Steve

if it only has one tuner than no point because you will only be able to watch the same thing on both, if it has two or more tuners, you might be able to send one channel to one tv using av or s-video leads and then using an av wireless sender to get the other channel to the other tv.

Hi,

I have a splitter system set up with a coax going from STU out and meeting with FTA at a reverse 2 way splitter.

It was all working fine until I got a new box. Now the reception of fox on tvs that are connected through the splitter is crappy and channel 9 is bleeding through.

Ive read forums and found out that it may be because new box has a different RF frequency which happens to be the same as channel 9. How do I change the RF frequency on STU???

Thanks

Procedure to change RF Out Channel.

1. Press Active, then select System Setup option.

2. Select System Settings option.

3. Press 0 6 1 1, then press Select, this brings you into the hidden menu.

4. Select RF Outlets, you will see the channel number, which you can change.

5. Save the settings.