Sign in to follow this  
PaulM1503559663

Foxtel on 2 TV's from 1 STB

Just a quick note on these  av senders.

On the old foxtel sat boxes the av sender worked brillantly at changing channels as well, but with the new digital boxes it will not let you change channels any more.

Angelo

I thought you could use a remote through an IR extender with the new foxtel digital STB. If not I will have to retink my whole setup! The kids will be pretty pissed off.

Is anyone out there tried or using an av sender or IR extender with a digital foxtel remote? Does it work? I am on cable.

I,m on digital sat. and she no work any more !

Picture is fine but it will not change channels any more .

Angelo :blink:

I wouldn't think there would be any difference between Sat and digital cable foxtel. Has anyone used a remote through an AV sender (with IR Extention).

There is a little bit of an issue with the IR codes on some IR extenders. For example it works fine through my Zantech system but does not work through my A-Bus IR. I thought it was just the Universal but after checking by using the Foxtel remote I found it to be the IR sensor. On the A-bus that was at fault. It certainly is not the emiters because the A-bus system is using the same emiters as the Zantech. Before you buy the extender check that it can redirect the Foxtel remote.

Hi people, I have had the digitor giga-air 20/20 for a while and are using the ir extender for the foxtel box (digital). the ir extender works fine, it just took a while to fine tune. make sure your receivers ir port is getting the signal from the remote, flush-on. hope this helps. cheers Paul, in fat cat city.

Hi Paul.

Where did you buy your digitor giga-air 20/20 from Dicks or Tandys ?

As try as I may mine will not work !

Thanks Angelo

Sorry guys I am still a little bit confused.

If I go the Av sender option, I am wondering how does it connect up. I want to use scart to s video to my HDTV (to get good PQ). Do I use the phono jack or RF lead from the foxtel stu to the av sender? Will 2 connection on the STU output similtaneously?

Again with the uplink method what are my connections at the back of the foxtel stu and what leads will I need? My antena main box splits the antenia feed into 3 others (3 TVs). There is not 2 inputs so I will need to get a box with 2 inputs and 3 outputs. I have not been able to find one.

Most of the Mastehead splitters allow 2 inputs with about 4 outputs. This is so you can merge the signals from 2 antenna's. Reasonably common where I live becasue they merge the signal from a Woolongong antenna with the signal from a Sydney TV antenna to output the signal to the mutiple house outlets.

I was looking at a Display home the other week that had a Antenna Distribution box setup in the Linen cupboard that had 3 Inputs with 5 outputs feeding the rest of the house.

But anyway if all else fails you could do the following.

Run a Single coax cable direct from the Antenna to the room with the Foxtel box in.

Then plug the cable that currently provides the signal to that room into the input side of the splitter box in the roof that used to contain the antenna connection.

This will become your uplink. At this point you will have strong Antenna signal into the room with the foxtel box and no signal at all in the rest of the house.

Next you plug the Coax that is coming from the Antenna connection into the RF in connector on the HD box and connect the RF out to the RF in on Foxtel box. Then you connect the RF out from the Foxtel box to the coax connector that has become the Uplink. So what you should end up with is.

Antenna to HD -RF in

HD RD out to Foxtel RF in.

Foxtel RF out to Uplink -

Uplink to Splitter box

Splitter box to rest of the house.

Dependent on the lengths and your signal strength you should end up with the desired result. Becuause the RF option to the rest of the house it leaves the connection on the STU to be your choice S/Video etc

With the foxtel box if you change the output to S-Video then svideo is output from both Scarts on the back as S-Video. I am not sure but I do not think you can get an A/V sender with S-Video inputs.

I hope this is a bit clearer but I am sure you may get a bit confused. Have you thought of calling your local antenna installers to ask advice. It may not cost as you think to get it done properly. Or at least they caould give you some ideas or even sell you the parts you need.

I took the plunge and bought a Digitor AV Sender from Dick Smith Electronics for $148 .... it wirelessly sends the Foxtel broadcast to another TV in the house. It can only send a composite signal though (not S-video or RGB) but it is still a cheap way of viewing Foxtel on a second TV.

Composite (yellow, red & white) leads run between the Transmitter and the source TV or VCR, and between the Receiver and the second TV or VCR. A tiny satellite dish-style antenna sends the AV signal from the Transmitter to the Receiver.

It is all very easy to connect, and it works.

I got my upgrade to foxtel digital cable today and also went out a bought an AV sender. Everywhere I went were sold out. I ended up getting one from retravision for $148. The Brand is 'One for All'.

Very easy to set up. Good reception on other tv (composite) and remote control works very well. No interference from cordless phone but some slight interference from a microwave.

Thanks Brightest spark for your help. I will keep in mind the uplink method for future use.

Thanks

Hi, Angelo. I bought my giga-air from Dick Smith's, here in the A.C.T. for a $148.00. This includes a 14 day money back guarantee, so if you can't get it to work, take it back and get them to show you one set up and working.

Hope this helps, Cheers Paul.

Hi All - This is my first post - so please be gentle

I have connected the uplink system described by brightspark to enable distribution of Foxtel to 3 other TVs - using the STU RF Out into a 2 way spitter (in reverse) with the normal antennae cable and outputting to a 3 way splitter and then to the TVs.

Tuned the TVs to UHF 27 - and all 3 TVs received Foxtel Video ok - but no sound.

My system consists of Pace Foxtel Sat STU - TV OUT SCART set to s-video - second SCART used to connect sound (RCA red/white) to Panasonic VCR - together with yellow RCA Video lead from seperate output on STU.

Home theatre sound system connected via optical/digital output on STU.

Please any assistance with my sound problem would be appreciated

Cheers

If your getting Video via the RF out you should be getting Audio. There may be a setting in the Fox Box that has muted the Audio, check the volume is turned up on the box, you mentioned the optical is being used, unplug this lead from the Fox Box and see if the audio comes thru on the RF.

Gadget

Hi gadget

Thank you for your interest and help.

Checked sound level on STU and at 80% - increased to 100% - but no sound on remote TVs

Unplugged optical cable - but again no change

Powered the STU off/on again - had tried this yesterday - only this time, up came the sound on the remote TVs - Problem solved

Thanks again for your assistance

Cheers