The LG 111cm DLP RPTV

Please describe the process to change the bulb. Do you just unscrew the two screws holding the cover, remove cover and the bulb drops out? Where did you purchase the bulb?

Also not sure if counter has to go to position of globe 2. If it does, what happens when you get to bulb 10, as only 9 positions in counter?

Trust your new bulb will go the distance.

Front left remove 2 philips screws to cover, unscrew two thumb screws, grab handlel and pull out the metal cage holding the globe. The blub is screwed and held in buy 2 springs to the metal cage. Unscrew the front of the cage to get to the globe.

I couldn't work out how to move the counter to globe 2 so I just reset globe 1.

I went to LG web site and got there list of LG repairers and started ringing around.

The local Perth supplier (BLUETECH CORP) has one aready in the cage so I just exchanged mine.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please describe the process to change the bulb. Do you just unscrew the two screws holding the cover, remove cover and the bulb drops out? Where did you purchase the bulb?

Also not sure if counter has to go to position of globe 2. If it does, what happens when you get to bulb 10, as only 9 positions in counter?

Trust your new bulb will go the distance.

Front left remove 2 philips screws to cover, unscrew two thumb screws, grab handlel and pull out the metal cage holding the globe. The blub is screwed and held in buy 2 springs to the metal cage. Unscrew the front of the cage to get to the globe.

Not quite right! The bulb is held in place by three small square plates around the rim. You do not need to touch the springs. The springs hold the rubber\plastic bulb surround onto the face plate of the cage. The 3 screws attach to the bulb surround. You will have to undo the two wire power connections to the old bulb and reconnect to the new one as the molex style power connector in the casing is nigh impossible to remove and the connector that comes with your new bulb will most probably not be the same type. The same bulb is used in different brands of TV.

An IMPORTANT point - as with all halogen bulbs please wear latex gloves when handling the bulb. Do not get oils and grease from your fingers onto any part of the bulb.

Bubbear

We just got our 62" Lg DLP yesterday. Last night the picture went green. So today I went and got a new component cable and it was working awesome. 20 minutes into watching Resident Evil tonight the Tv switched totally off. Not standby - OFF. Won't go back on? Fuse or just F**KED?

Had it for 1 DAY, what the F*&K is going on?

Had a NEC LT260 DLP projector before this but the house we're in at the moment doesn't have the room shape to use it.

After reading this thread I feel so helpless.

We just got our 62" Lg DLP yesterday. Last night the picture went green. So today I went and got a new component cable and it was working awesome. 20 minutes into watching Resident Evil tonight the Tv switched totally off. Not standby - OFF. Won't go back on? Fuse or just F**KED?

Had it for 1 DAY, what the F*&K is going on?

Had a NEC LT260 DLP projector before this but the house we're in at the moment doesn't have the room shape to use it.

After reading this thread I feel so helpless.

Call the store you got it from tomorrow and tell them it is dead on arrival. All stores I know of will just swap it with another new one. DO NOT let them tell you to contact LG service..........

Bubbear

Well it's being replaced tomorrow. Just so you all know it was from the Good Guys in Narre Warren in Melbourne, obviously I think they have great service now. Lucky it hasn't been oo much of a hassle. Also got the 5 year warranty on top of this now.

Will be exciting to see what kind of DLP TV's will be around in 5 years time.

Had mine for approx 3 months now, really happy so far.

MY DLP

Thought id look.....

Link not working for me. http 404 not found?

That was my link, 1 year & 3 days before you looked. I cant even find that picture any more.

yeh, sorry. Doing few things at once (including the grape variety) :blink: . didn't bother looking at dates. Forget i ever mentioned it.

OK here's the latest!

Tech has replaced the ballast, which drives the lamp, TV still wouldn't turn on so the next step is to replace the optical engine, which should be early next week. In theory there should be no more probs after this...  :blink:

Just to keep you informed incase you have the same troubles... NOT getting new optical engine, don't need it, apparently the ballast that was put in won't work with this TV which is why it wouldn't come on at all. As we couldn't go without a TV any longer we got a 2ndhand ballast put in until the new one arrived (hasn't yet) but hey it still wouldn't turn on!!! Replaced the 7 week old lamp and IT TURNED ON! All under warranty but I sure hope that these lamps decide to pack up within their 3 month warranty because they are way too expensive to keep replacing!!!

Hi Emma

How is the TV now?

OK here's the latest!

Tech has replaced the ballast, which drives the lamp, TV still wouldn't turn on so the next step is to replace the optical engine, which should be early next week. In theory there should be no more probs after this...  :blink:

Just to keep you informed incase you have the same troubles... NOT getting new optical engine, don't need it, apparently the ballast that was put in won't work with this TV which is why it wouldn't come on at all. As we couldn't go without a TV any longer we got a 2ndhand ballast put in until the new one arrived (hasn't yet) but hey it still wouldn't turn on!!! Replaced the 7 week old lamp and IT TURNED ON! All under warranty but I sure hope that these lamps decide to pack up within their 3 month warranty because they are way too expensive to keep replacing!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After a year and two weeks out of warrenty I have just experienced my first problem -

When I try to turn the TV on from standby mode it goes to the amber light for a lengthy period, then flashs then goes back to standby. - The TV will not turn on at all.

Just to check this sounds like a common problem others have had on here - shall I replace the lamp??or is it a power supply problem??

if so where can I get one from in Sydney? Also I noticed someone purchased a replacement lamp for around 500 dollars?? is this the normal going rate?? and where abouts was that purchased from?

After a year and two weeks out of warrenty I have just experienced my first problem -

When I try to turn the TV on from standby mode it goes to the amber light for a lengthy period, then flashs then goes back to standby. - The TV will not turn on at all.

Just to check this sounds like a common problem others have had on here - shall I replace the lamp??or is it a power supply problem??

if so where can I get one from in Sydney? Also I noticed someone purchased a replacement lamp for around 500 dollars?? is this the normal going rate?? and where abouts was that purchased from?

Pull the lamp and see if it is blow, 2 philips screws, remove plastic cover, 2 thumb screws, pull handle on cradle and look. Cover is bottom right hand side.

If so go to LG site, check out there list of approved warrenty repair agents and start ringing. Many dont stock this item.

• 5 weeks later...

Well my set is now 17 months old and it is back in the shop for repairs.

About an inch wide furry edge shadow on the right hand side. The tech was left scratching his head as it wasn't on the mirror or behind the screen.

The rest of the optics is supposed to be sealed. Anyway I will let you know when/if I get it back.

Well my set is now 17 months old and it is back in the shop for repairs.

About an inch wide furry edge shadow on the right hand side.  The tech was left scratching his head as it wasn't on the mirror or behind the screen.

The rest of the optics is supposed to be sealed. Anyway I will let you know when/if I get it back.

My Set has developed the same problem.

I watch a lot of pillar box stuff which is why I hadn't noticed it, so not sure how long it's been there but the set is only eight months old.

Be curious to know what the fault diagnosis is.

Hi CAMS

Exactly!

The furry dark border only showed up in wide screen

4:3 was OK.

I have no doubt you can stretch 4:3 to either 14:9 or 16:9 STRETCH. Try 16:9 stretch for 4:3 material. If it shows up then its definitely UNDERSCANNING - frequency lock failure.

On DVD players some fill zoom for 4:3 as well - try that if that feature to fill the whole screen (16:9) if available.

When speaking of all modes I am referring to S-Video, DVI, VGA composite etc. Not 4:3 material with black pillar boxing.

Regards

DA

Hi CAMS

Exactly!

The furry dark border only showed up in wide screen

4:3 was OK.

I have no doubt you can stretch 4:3 to either 14:9 or 16:9 STRETCH. Try 16:9 stretch for 4:3 material. If it shows up then its definitely UNDERSCANNING - frequency lock failure.

On DVD players some fill zoom for 4:3 as well - try that if that feature to fill the whole screen (16:9) if available.

When speaking of all modes I am referring to S-Video, DVI, VGA composite etc. Not 4:3 material with black pillar boxing.

Regards

DA

Model Number - Not Sure, It's the original 44" Model not the one on the website currently.

With respect to the above the fuzziness is on the edge of the screen so of course only occurs on 16:9 Material.

Probably not describing it very well, it's not completly black there is still image there but it is duller than the rest of the screen, on my set it is about the thickness of a finger starting in the bottom right hand corner running to to the top of the right hand side, but is much thinner towards the top.

I don't think it's related to overscan, I have been into the TV's Service Mode and used the test pattern function the fuzziness was there on all colours and patterns.