Abc And Sbs Digital Radio

I have a Thomson DTI500AU and do not seem to be able to get these radio stations that I have read about. I think ABC is supposed to come through channel 200 but I get nothing from that channel and same with the 3 (or 2) SBS radio stations. I'm all new to this stuff so any help would be great.

Thanks

cdbrown

-Update - no musical note on the remote control :blink: and I only get 26 channels not 29 that others have they are

1 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 100

2 20 21 22 23

3 30 31 33

7 70 71 72 73

9 90 91

Which channels am I missing and how do I get them (the slow scan picked up those channels) ?

Cheers

-cdbrown

Hi cdbrown,

I think the channels you're missing are 200 - ABC DiG Radio, 301 and 302 (or close to) - SBS RADIO.

For what it's worth - I seem to remember that DiG was being broadcast in Dolby/AC-3 at one point? (correct me if I'm wrong) which might explain why it doesn't appear on a Thompson. Otherwise it just doesn't support radio.

I'm at uni now so I apologise for inaccuracies in the numbers above.

Joshua King

Thanks for the reply - why would DiG being broadcast in Dolby / AC-3 have any impact (sorry for my ignorance on this)? I would have thought that all boxes would be able to pick up the channels. I mean it is an SD box and yet I can still see the HD channels but not the radio.

Also why are there so many channels? Channel 10 has 9 of them with them all having the same show (sometime the hd channel is different if I remember right)?

Cheers

-cdbrown

Guys,

AFAIK, DiG Radio has never run in any DD mode. (unless by accident due to a rogue techo somewhere doing unauthorised fingerpoking!)

All Oz STBs, HD & SD should be able to pickup and play any DVB-T radio channel. (When all else fails - read the STB's instruction manual, as a last resort!)

DiG Radio runs at 256Kbps MPEG1 Layer 2 on LCN 200 24/7 (for members and their guests)

As for SBS's DTV Radio services, your guess is as good as "Hing's"!

Cheers,

Jet :ph34r:

Thanks for the replys Jet and gclark8. I don't have a link or pic of the remote unfortunately. I looked through the manual last night and it didn't mention anything about radio channels, just the main setup of the box and how to navigate through the on screen menus. I pressed all the buttons and none of them bought up radio. Do you think it is possible to manually force the channel 200 if I had the right frequency?

Wow - thank you so very much. I'm glad I read the invitation to become a member of dba and this forum that was inside the STB packaging. Only just got this thing the weekend before last from the Rick Hart sale at their new Belmont warehouse.

Looking forward to seeing your next reply.

Cheers

-cdbrown

Hi again,

Not sure who phoned me this morning while I was onsite about this from Perth (George?) - I have extensive installation experience with the earlier Thomson DTI352TH & will have 3 of the new 500 units here most likely Monday, so I'll be able to tell you then for sure - if the menu setup is similar to the 352, then you will possibly need to access the radio from the service list (accessible on the 352 from the Menu) & then navigate to the radio from there - wwill check this out for you when I have a unit to check for sure.

I have still not been able to get the radio channels. I have rescanned a few times using slow and fast scan and it can only find 26 channels. I have a pic of the remote now as well Click Here

I have searched through the menus and can't see anythign to do with music - hopefully I'm not seeing something. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say Terry.

Cheers

-cdbrown

I will try that tonight. I didn't try that because I thought it was associated with the remote being able to control other thomson equipment (which I don't have). I just figured that the AV would try to control the DVD and utilise the 6 buttons at the bottom (considering there isn't an actual DVD select button). Guess I'm just a fool for thinking it would be straight forward.

Thanks

-cdbrown