Sign in to follow this  
Force1503559522

SAMSUNG 61”, 56", 50” & 46", HD 3 Panel LCD RPTVs.

Hey guys I sent my SP61L2H tv into a local repairer and like Impakt said there saying its the polariser which is causing my problems and/or something to do with it and after contacting Samsung they only find out they can't get hold of the parts. Please take into account my TV is out of warranty atm.

Now the Samsung service man told him to get me to contact Samsung service center to let them no what has happened and that I maybe able to get a replacement and or solution via something he called prorata?.... The TV guy mentioned and if I heard him correctly "TV Manufacturers have a legal obligation to provide new parts of a TV for upto 7 years". If they can't you can send a review letter from a Samsung rep repairer along with a copy of your receipt and they will considered the circumstances and maybe find a solution which may include replacement.

Has any of you guys heard of this if so can you let me know what your outcome was ill keep you posted of my outcome anyway.

I really sympathise with you, I had two scary instances of erratic turn offs, one required a Digital board replacement the other not confirmed as failed so cost me $150 for the Techos investigation, ( ext warranty didnt cover that) not sure what caused that.

I paid $4600 in 2005 for the TV it included a Full HD LG Set Top box and 5 years extended warranty

So the 61 inch Samsung RPTV SP61L6HX turned 5 years old on 11th June 2010 and its averaged 7 hours operation a day over that time less about 20 weeks when its been off for holiday or repairs (2 extended warranty repairs) its still going strong (fingers crossed) and is estimated to have at least 12,000 hours on the lamp and the Picture Quality is still good, I put this down to using an UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) to the TV which gives a steady 240 volts, no spikes or fluctuations and a 15 minute shut down window should we experience a local power outage, very important to avoid a cold shut off with DLP TVs.

I think if it finally packs in I think at 12,000 hours its cost per hour (excluding electric) is less than 38 cents an hour for excellent quality entertainment, what other entertainment media could you compare to it?

So replacing it maybe isn't too bad a thing. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Our SP61L2H finally died with a pop 2 weeks ago. Pity as I bought a new globe only 3 months ago. Not sure what died but it would flash the 3 front panel lights and then no lights.

Anyone need a globe for very cheap or spares?

Byron

Mmm, I just replaced the lamp in mine with a new 120W OSRAM one and the picture is darker than with the old globe? Do I need to reset something in the service menu? Or is the lamp likely to be faulty.

Thanks

Byron

Turns out I'd been sent the wrong globe.

New globe was a big improvement.

B

Hi guys, managed to score a Samsung SP61L2HX TV off the side of the road, just has a patchy blue area in the bottom/middle of the screen. The general image has a yellow tinge also.

By the sounds of it, this is an optics engine issue, is that correct?

Is it as simple as replacing a few capacitors or is it more involved?

Where is the part located on the TV? Does anyone have a service manual for one of these units?

This is what the TV is doing:

tv.jpg

Looks like this is the fault:

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/showtopic.p.../22/tid/143523/

And this is what mine looks like:

http://homepage.mac.com/rib_feast/filter.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/rib_feast/filter2.jpg

I think it is a dichroic filter, does anyone know where I can buy one? Or does someone have an old RPTV (LCD type, no color wheel) that I can cannibalize one from?

Looks like this is the fault:

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/showtopic.p.../22/tid/143523/

And this is what mine looks like:

http://homepage.mac.com/rib_feast/filter.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/rib_feast/filter2.jpg

I think it is a dichroic filter, does anyone know where I can buy one? Or does someone have an old RPTV (LCD type, no color wheel) that I can cannibalize one from?

It's a polarizer and they're impossible to buy.

Hi,

I know that we can reset the lamp timer but i just popped in a used lamp and the service menu shows 271h.

Does this sound right?

Hi,

I know that we can reset the lamp timer but i just popped in a used lamp and the service menu shows 271h.

Does this sound right?

Finally our Samsung RPTV has started its old habit of shutting down, the front white on light is lit, no red standby is on, at the bvack of the set I can see the globe is still on so I replaced the globe (I had a new one spare) so turning it then to standby shows the globe turning off from the normal shutdown sequence then power to off, wait a short while and power back on standby OK, then turn on, picture now OK for anything from 1 hour to maybe 4 hours until it does the same again.

We bought it June 2005 and reckon on around the 20,000 hours usage.

Good Guys will take it off me as I have ordered a new Samsung 64 inch series 5 Plasma, didn't fancy putting it out on the nature strip !! ^_^

Finally our Samsung RPTV has started its old habit of shutting down, the front white on light is lit, no red standby is on, at the bvack of the set I can see the globe is still on so I replaced the globe (I had a new one spare) so turning it then to standby shows the globe turning off from the normal shutdown sequence then power to off, wait a short while and power back on standby OK, then turn on, picture now OK for anything from 1 hour to maybe 4 hours until it does the same again.

We bought it June 2005 and reckon on around the 20,000 hours usage.

Good Guys will take it off me as I have ordered a new Samsung 64 inch series 5 Plasma, didn't fancy putting it out on the nature strip !! ^_^

Please see pm :)

my shutdowns have become more frequent.

Apart from taping the rear door switch, is there anything else that can be causing the random shutdowns?

Well the time has come to part out my Samsungs.

I have a 61" and a 50"

Excellent for someone who needs the parts.

Lamp has only a 2-3 months usage.

Also, the 61" has new blue polariser.

Make an offer for both! They have to go!