Sign in to follow this  
Force1503559522

SAMSUNG 61”, 56", 50” & 46", HD 3 Panel LCD RPTVs.

Unfortunately there's nothing to do with a manual there. Does anyone know of any other sources for repair manuals?

THanks again! :wub:

Just got the work from the extended warranty people. My sammy sp46 is not repairable. they are getting goodguys to supply me with an 'equivalent" not sure what that means but at least ill get a new telly and dont have to worry about it failing again!

gents, my 61" is starting to get a yellowing on the bottom half of the picture too. Unfortunately, I bought mine through a staff member who doesn't work there anymore, so no extended warranty. It's clear that these TVs have been faulty from the start - mine has already had a replacement globe and main board. So 5k for the TV, $300 for the globe and $400 odd for the mainboard. All for a TV that has had < 1500 hours use.

Without extended warranty do I have any hope whatsoever?

anyone else have any luck without getting an extended warranty company involved?

Hi all,

My engine has packed it in after 4 years (around 2 months usage according to the timer). I dont have an extended warranty to fall back on either so i had to raise it with Samsung direct. After having a job report submitted by an authorised repairer i was offered a replacement engine for 55% off RRP. This means that they wanted me to fork out around $2k to fix the tv ($1500 for engine, $500 labour).

I rejected that offer and mentioned that i *know* of instances where complete engines have been replaced (based on comments from this thread and other sources). They have since rejected that and I'm stuck with a TV that's gradually turning yellow all over and pending their next offer (which Im guessing will be a discounted replacement), I'll be getting in touch with the Office of Fair Trading.

I thought I'd post this in case there are any other members still here whose TV is amazingly still working... because it won't for much longer!

Impakt

Not sure if anyone still reads this, but OOFT are getting involved now.. :(

Impakt

Good luck with your claim, please keep us informed.

Luckily I took out a 5 year extended warranty when purchased my 61" rear pro as I may need to claim on it soon because I have small white dots appearing on the screen.

Tony

OOFT were no help, just repeated to me what Samsung already told me.

Anyone who has had their TV replaced still watching this thread?

It's all over. They said I can take a new engine for $1100 + labour (so around $1500 all up to repair) and that's it. OOFT were completely useless. I refused that offer and I'm left with a broken TV. I mentioned to them that i was offered a replacement 50" TV by someone on the phone but that offer has magically disappeared from their system and is off the table. If you're out of warranty then you're out of luck. Samsung are the most inconsistent, amateur, and rude company I have ever dealt with. After pleading with them I have come to the conclusion that they simply do not care.. This is after mentioning to all of them that some people on this thread in particular were able to achieve more faviourable results... Of course I will never, ever buy a Samsung product again.

And OOFT - you're in the same boat. If I wanted someone to repeat whatever Samsung told me I would have bought a parrot.

My 46er is still half running. The centre of the picture is blue, the outter right side is yellowy, I have intermittant red and green pixels popping up and an image on the screen for more than 5 seconds causes ghosting.

awesome tv!

The yellowing is obviously hte blue polariser. I have 2 of these spare at home, as they are not he ones for my 61" TV.

I purchased these from partstore.com the other week hoping that it would be the one but my engine is not the right one. :(

Hi all,

if anyone has a 61" or 50" that has packed it in let me know, i may be interested in purchasing to try and salvage some parts...

Thanks,

Impakt

Wow, found this thread again after a few years, Im scared now!

My 61'' is still going fine, none of the aforementioned problems, had 2 lamps, one bright green pixel which went away after I got my 2nd new lamp.

Just had an IQ2 installed and the HD channels look sensational.

Sounds like I got lucky with my set, fingers and toes crossed!

Hi,

I have a Samsung (SP-61L2HX) 61" Rear Projection television, and I'm experiencing problems with it.

After the tele has been on for about half an hour or so, for some reason it changes up a channel automatically.

I originally thought it was the remote, but i took the batteries out of the remote and it still happens. Then i thought it was the channel up button on the television itself, but i took of the cover an unplugged the television control panel, but it still happened. I was wondering if you could diagnose the problem from the information i have given you and able to find a resolution.

Thanks from Tyson

Evening All,

Well we bought 3 samsungs in the last 4 months. Had a 52" delivered in mid July and the other 2, a 32" and a 46".

The 52" has been in it's box until early November when we moved into our new home. Unpacked everything, connected it up and the damn thing didn't turn on. So it's been well over 3 months and The Good Guys just fobbed me off and didn't do anything about.

Told us to ring samsung so we did, tech came out about 3 weeks ago. Had a look at the main board and told us it needed to be replaced and they had to order from Singapore. 2.5 weeks later the part finally arrived after about a dozen phone calls to the sub contractor.

Part was swapped out and it worked all and good for about 5 - 8 hours and then failed again.

Rang up samsung directly this time and demanded that our unit is replaced and after to and fro for about 4 hours the same sub contractors picked up the unit late last week to investigate further. Also logged an online claim with consumer affairs Vic about the DOA unit. This should make sure either Samsung or The Good Guys sort this out.

I'm giving them till the end of this week to respond.

Hi all,

if anyone has a 61" or 50" that has packed it in let me know, i may be interested in purchasing to try and salvage some parts...

Thanks,

Impakt

If anyone wants to buy a 61 incher for parts i have one, works fine but has blue tinge through left hand side,

I would have pmd Impakt but i cant seem to make that function work.

Cheers

Marty

Oh forgot to mention it also has a new genuine globe installed with about 20 hours on it.

Cheers

Marty

Edited by aussiemart

Oh forgot to mention it also has a new genuine globe installed with about 20 hours on it.

Cheers

Marty

Marty,

email me your bulb price glopro at gmail dot com

My SP61L2H is still going fine. Original globe and a year of extended warrantly left.

Only issue was the fan door switch coming loose and causing the TV to shutdown which I bodged a fix up for years ago.

Does anyone know if this model is HDCP compliant via the DVI port? I'm going to test with BLu-ray soonish so I guess i'll find out anyway.

Cheers

Byron

I have a Samsung BDP-1500 which was received as part of a recent promotion (via redemption). It has been unboxed (just to see how the unit operated...it works well). All up it was out of the box for about 6 hours and is now re-boxed sitting in my spare room.

All original packaging has been retained and I also have the letter from Samsung which came with the unit.

Would be happy with $270 for it.

I'm located in Melbourne and work in the city during the week. Am happy to negotiate a pick-up/drop-off after work or on the weekend.

If you're interested reply in this thread.

aussiemart: you still around? I'm desperately trying to get any parts from any busted 61" tvs!

Hi,

I have a Samsung (SP-61L2HX) 61" Rear Projection television, and I'm experiencing problems with it.

After the tele has been on for about half an hour or so, for some reason it changes up a channel automatically.

I originally thought it was the remote, but i took the batteries out of the remote and it still happens. Then i thought it was the channel up button on the television itself, but i took of the cover an unplugged the television control panel, but it still happened. I was wondering if you could diagnose the problem from the information i have given you and able to find a resolution.

Thanks from Tyson

Hi Tyson,

I have the same Samsung unit and am having the same problem of channel jumping and also the unit often turns itself off and on.

I have taken the projector light bulb cover off and carefully placed it back correctly. Still same problem occurs.

Anyone have an answer to this problem?

Regards

John